PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Farmio Moment (or line)

Rocklive99
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Inspired by the DJ thread. I've laughed out loud tons of times when listening to the radio broadcasts, but one that sticks out was when the Sox were on the road ( I wanna say Detroit) and Farmio disagreed with how something was scored, so he actually went into the scorer's office/box/room whatever, and gave him the business. He had been absent for a while, and when he came back, he talked about it on the air. This let me know that this was the closest real life replica of Kramer that I may find

NealCotts4Life
06-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh my God, I've inspired another thread. I finally have arrived. Sorry I don't really listen to Farmer and Rooney that much but I just have to say I am honored.

shoota
06-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Inspired by the DJ thread. I've laughed out loud tons of times when listening to the radio broadcasts, but one that sticks out was when the Sox were on the road ( I wanna say Detroit) and Farmio disagreed with how something was scored, so he actually went into the scorer's office/box/room whatever, and gave him the business. He had been absent for a while, and when he came back, he talked about it on the air. This let me know that this was the closest real life replica of Kramer that I may find

I love the classic Farmer line, "There's ball 4 right down the middle," when an umpire blows a call.

And, "If that's a strike, hand me my glove, because I could pitch with that strike zone."

MrRoboto83
06-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Last week Farmio was talking about how he still has his Sun Tan Lotion on, and how it was still making him tan in the broadcast booth.

doublem23
06-25-2005, 12:32 AM
My favorite Ed Farmer line?

Silence.

Tragg
06-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Does Farmer ever talk about his famous fight with Al Cowens?

Lip Man 1
06-25-2005, 01:18 AM
The Tribune blog site has a very positive 'review' of Ed and John.

Lip

NDSox12
06-25-2005, 01:39 AM
I love the classic Farmer line, "There's ball 4 right down the middle," when an umpire blows a call.

And, "If that's a strike, hand me my glove, because I could pitch with that strike zone."

I'll give a second vote to the "ball 4 right down the middle" line. That is definitely one of my Farmio favorites. He tells it like it is. Definitely a necessity on radio.

Ron Karkovice
06-25-2005, 01:48 AM
"ohhh noooooooooo!!!"

FarWestChicago
06-25-2005, 01:49 AM
"ohhh noooooooooo!!!"
:tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

NDSox12
06-25-2005, 01:51 AM
"ohhh noooooooooo!!!"

Obviously, I didn't listen to the Cubs radio broadcast today, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this line was spewed a time or two today by Mr. Santo.

Ron Karkovice
06-25-2005, 02:00 AM
:tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

:?:

FarWestChicago
06-25-2005, 02:03 AM
:?:What are you confused about? Cyan is NOT TEAL!!

Ron Karkovice
06-25-2005, 02:07 AM
What are you confused about? Cyan is NOT TEAL!!

Wow, I hate the world after that comment.

FarWestChicago
06-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Wow, I hate the world after that comment.:therapy:

doublem23
06-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Wow, I hate the world after that comment.

Man, you better mellow out, because confusing if confusing cyan and teal makes you upset, you're going to have stomach ulcers by the time you're 20.

Erik The Red
06-25-2005, 03:32 AM
My favorite Ed Farmer line?

Silence.

downstairs
06-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Obviously, I didn't listen to the Cubs radio broadcast today, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this line was spewed a time or two today by Mr. Santo.

I don't think you realize the hilarious irony of what you just said.

:roflmao:

Ron Karkovice
06-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Man, you better mellow out, because confusing if confusing cyan and teal makes you upset, you're going to have stomach ulcers by the time you're 20.

The college of business at the university of Illinois isn't stressful is it??:o:

miker
06-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Does Farmer ever talk about his famous fight with Al Cowens?

I thought he has a couple times, although I don't remember all the details. And if you ever want to know about his kidney transplant...:smile:

Seriously, he does have some good stories from his playing days and is rather self-deprecating about his skills, which makes up for some of the times his conversations start to wander.

Sure Farmio is a little goofy, but at least he's on our side!

HK Chicago
06-25-2005, 12:46 PM
silence...
Ed: I love cereal.
silence...
John: OK?
silence...

Rich McKinney
06-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Farmer is a pretty bad play-by-play guy but not a bad color man.
I remember Al Cowens attacking him in a cowardly fashion as I was watching on Ch. 44. Cowens hit a grounder to short and I remember watching the shortstop stop his routine throw to first and walk toward the mound. I was like "Throw it!". Then the cameras shot to the mound and Farmer was bleeding as Cowens hit him from behind after not running it out to first and heading to the mound instead.
Farmer, I guess, had beaned Cowens months before.
I wish I'd have heard, "That's ball four right down the middle." That's a great call.

I'm an official scorer in the Arizona Rookie League and I know the guys who score D-Backs games. First, the official scorer sits in the press box. Second: the scorer is an employee of MLB and they have to be talked to with respect. So, I'm betting Farmer got a fine if he lashed out at the scorer.