PDA

View Full Version : Sox fans in Cali?

DieTrying79
06-24-2005, 10:01 PM
What's up Sox fans,

I'm currently in Nor Cal, and was wondering if any of you Sox transplants are going to the series in Oakland next weekend (July 1-3) at the fabulous (and the talk about Comiskey being bad? Get real!) Oakland Colesium. Any fans from So Cal heading up for that series? Every time the club is in Oakland, which is the only time I step foot in the place, I always see some Sox faithful, and have struck up conversations many times with fans. Reply to the post, and maybe we can find a drinking spot or tailgate before the game. GO SOX!

kojak
06-24-2005, 10:31 PM
I will be there for the Saturday Night game.

5th row behind the Sox dugout.

Looks like I draw McCarthy, which is pretty cool!

I'll be wearing my black Sox shirt with "Buskee 40" on the back

gehrtsox7
06-25-2005, 01:50 AM
I might be heading up from Los Angeles, If I do, Ill find yah, just let us know where the meeting spot is. We got to break this west coast jinx they seem to have sometimes. A sweep in Oakland would rule.

Erik The Red
06-25-2005, 03:35 AM
I'll be living there in late October... not in time for the A's series. But I plan on making a game or two when the World Champion White Sox make their way to Oakland in 2006.

redOzone
06-25-2005, 04:17 AM
I'll be out there for at least Friday maybe Saturday.

I hit all three in April - 1st Series we lost this year:angry:

But I saw Garland take Zito 6-0 in game one and the other two were close.
I even saw Dye at SS. His first ball in warm-ups he threw about 5 feet to the left of PK.

I spent a total of $14 on tickets for all three games.

A Pepsi Can gets u $2.00 off $8.00 Upper Deck - Which you'll never set foot near.
And Wednesday is always $2.00 upper deck.

The great thing about the Colisium is no one is ever there.

I ended up sitting in the Club Seats $26 face - See Pic Below - And there's always rows of open seats + NO USHERS

However, that was a Mon-Wed Series and this is the Forth of July Weekend.

Saturday is the Fireworks. Fans should roll in about the 7th.

Sunday is Visor Day. and A Beer Festival in the East Side Club (http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/ticketing/events.jsp#beerfest)

With over 30 different breweries 11:00am-1:00pm. $10 includes a souvenir beer mug and 2 tastings. Admission is free with a game ticket.

Come to think of it I might end up out there for all three again, if I can swing it.

Pic 1 - Ozzie Getting kicked out of the Game
Pic 2 - A Sox Winner

http://redozone.com/photo/oakland/club_thumb.gif http://redozone.com/photo/oakland/soxwin_thumb.gif http://redozone.com/photo/oakland/warmup_thumb.gif http://redozone.com/photo/oakland/behindplate_thumb.gif

DieTrying79
06-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I was at the April series and saw Buehrle start against Harden. Exciting game, but the Sox blew a good lead late (I think it was Vizcaino who got rocked in relief). RedOzone, those were some good snaps of the games you went to.

I just purchased tickets in section 114, behind the Sox dugout, for the Saturday night game. I'm now attending both the Friday and Saturday games, and might swing the Sunday game, if I have a voice left by then. I'm definitely game for meeting up with some of you guys. I'd like to get there early on Saturday to see about possibly snagging some autographs and watch BP. Let me know what games you guys are going to, and I'll keep an eye out for you. It would be nice to congregate with some fans there. This is the last time they are in NorCal this year, lets make it a good one!:gulp:

NUCatsFan
06-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I was thinking about going there myself, but never been to the park there. What's the best way from the South Bay?

Bisco Stu
06-25-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm in San Fran. I'll be at one of the games next weekend.

Saturday is the Pink Floyd reunion, so I'm leaning towards Sunday.

Might depend on who is pitching.

Sunday is microbrew day though...:gulp:

DieTrying79
06-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey NU,

Getting to Oakland Coliseum from the south bay is really easy. Just make your way over to 880 heading North, and exit at Hegenberger Road (right by Oakland Airport--can't miss it).

McCarthy is starting on Wednesday against Detroit, so I'm guessing it will go Freddy on Thursday, then Contreras on Friday, Garland on Saturday, then Buerhle on Sunday?? Should be some good pitching match ups in Oakland over the weekend.

Hangar18
06-29-2005, 01:22 PM
This is cool.........our west coast brothers planning and stuff

DieTrying79
06-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the love, Hangar. Got an extra ticket right here for ya for Saturday's game...all you need is a ticket out here. You got the first round though! :cool: :gulp:

kojak
06-30-2005, 02:41 AM
I will be there for the Saturday Night game.

5th row behind the Sox dugout.

Looks like I draw McCarthy, which is pretty cool!

I'll be wearing my black Sox shirt with "Buskee 40" on the back

Check that. Looks like Garland will be going, which is awesome.
Plus my 14-year-old thinks he is a major hottie...

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 08:57 AM
I have tix to all three games. My mom, a diehard D-Backs fan from AZ is up here and going with us Sat. White Sock, his girlfriend, and West are going with us all for Sat night, which is moved up to 6PM start to enable fireworks after the game. Sun is still showing early afternoon start, thgouh there were rumors of moving it around. Most of our tix are near Sox dugout on 1B side within 1st 20 rows, bought mostly 1st day single game seats went on sale (you want to talk about attendance problems?), though Fri night Wendy and I will be in the plaza club seats meaning we'll be watching from the restaurant all night, if we can get a table reserved in the window for gametime (you can stay there all game if you can keep eating until the 7th), kind of your own personal skybox.

We try to generally get there early enough to watch BP from behind the Sox dugout. They chase you outta there 30-45 min before the game. I'll have my WSI T-shirt on (if I can find 3 clean ones for the weekend).

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 09:05 AM
red zone, thanks for the tip on the beer tasting Sunday, didn't even know bout that one

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 09:57 AM
for those that don't have tix yet (Henry? ;-) when I checked on A's website a couple of days ago, row 19 seats in MVP section @ 36 were still avail, just around 1B

patbooyah
06-30-2005, 06:01 PM
i'm going up there, too. veeck... say i wanted to get a window seat in the restaurant- would that be a good way to spend a game in oakland? and where exactly is it located?

i'm very excited!!!

redOzone
06-30-2005, 06:30 PM
say i wanted to get a window seat in the restaurant- would that be a good way to spend a game in oakland? and where exactly is it located?

The West Side Club is located between Home and 1st on the Club Level. (212-215) Open to the public for all A's games.

The view is nice, beers are $8.00. Full bar, bar menu - Fish & Chips $10.95

The seats below the club are $36 w/ meal.

The only draw back is you can't hear the sounds of the game. But you get the radio, most of the time.

Get there early or I think they take reservations.

Aramark runs the club contact info here - Reservations (http://www.ps.aramark.com/OSC/default.asp?FacilityID=27)

http://redozone.com/photo/oakland/club_thumb.gif

Thats the view for the club window - just add 2-3 rows

FresnoSOX
06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'll be there on Saturday with my family of four Sox fans.

NUCatsFan
07-03-2005, 01:17 AM
for walkups, is it better to buy a UD seat and just move down to an empty one in the 2nd or 3rd inning? or just buy the lower deck seat outright?