soxwon
06-24-2005, 10:43 PM
was it mostly sox fans?
see any fights?
how were the cub fans acting?
any good stories.

DumpJerry
06-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I was there. In a Diamond Suite. The Flub fans in my suite were verrrrryyyy quiet. BTW, when the ball hit the Ump, we heard the contact all the way up there. Scary moment!

There were no fights in the suite, we were happy with the food.

zach23
06-24-2005, 11:50 PM
I was there, first row of section 162.
Seemed to be a lot more Sox fans than cub fans. We were out tailgating at 11:15 and I watched the crowd coming in all day in lot E and it looked to be many more cars of Sox fans than cub fans. During the lineup announcements it seemed like the Sox fans drowned out the cub fans.

It was too damn hot. I couldn't wait to get home and take a shower after sitting in that heat. It reminded me of the heat during the Friday Sox - cubs game when the Sox overcame the 8-0 deficit. I really wish the Friday game was a night game like it was up until 2002. I hate day games in the heat.

The cub fans were pretty quiet most of the game, and by the 8th inning they had mostly scurried away to the exits. There was one girl behind me that had no idea who was pitching for them tomorrow. She kept insisting it was Zambrano and the Sox would have no chance against him. Some other guy (not sure which side he was for) kept telling her Zambrano just pitched the other day and there was no way he was going tomorrow. She wouldn't believe him.

I sit next to the Aaron's Amigos and they were their usual selves. They were getting into it giving Patterson a hard time all day and some cub fan girls a few rows back were really upset with it all.

After one of Pod's walks, a cub fan came down the aisle and ranted at Patterson for quite some time, telling him to look and see what a real leadoff man can do and what a piece of garbage he is. The guy yelled so much he turned red.

My friend and I got a lot of use out of our "Take Him Out" and "Leave Him In" signs during the cub mound conferences.
Overall a great time out there despite the heat.

Fake Chet Lemon
06-25-2005, 12:42 AM
The Cub fans in the upper deck were so quiet, it was no fun. I kept screaming from the 5th inning on "Get back into your BMW's and drive north. Don't worry, there is always next year." But they just sat there and I have to say took my verbal beatings like men. No fight in them, just like their team. I kept standing on my chair, turning around and wrapping both hands around my neck in a chocking fashion. One guy kinda gave me the finger and that was it, disappointing. But overall still one of my best days ever at the Cell, the macjurkoharry tailgate was pretty cool before the game.

BRDSR
06-25-2005, 01:06 AM
The Cub fans in the upper deck were so quiet, it was no fun. I kept screaming from the 5th inning on "Get back into your BMW's and drive north. Don't worry, there is always next year." But they just sat there and I have to say took my verbal beatings like men. No fight in them, just like their team. I kept standing on my chair, turning around and wrapping both hands around my neck in a chocking fashion. One guy kinda gave me the finger and that was it, disappointing. But overall still one of my best days ever at the Cell, the macjurkoharry tailgate was pretty cool before the game.

Fake, I mean this in the best possible way...but you sound really annoying.

wsbaseball9
06-25-2005, 02:39 AM
some guys sitting behind the cubs dugout, almost everytime the sox scored a run they would walk up and down the aisle saying crude things to all cubs fans like after AJ hit his shot

"hey cub fans, wheres your tissues"

he evnetually got into a verbal fight with some guy but nothing physical

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2005, 03:06 AM
I sat in Section 535, Row 15, and the Cubs fans were silenced the entire game basically, and rightfully so.

Even during the 7th inning stretch, Sox fans drowned out the Cubs fans. I'd say it was no less than 80% Sox fans in there.

Banix12
06-25-2005, 03:17 AM
some guys sitting behind the cubs dugout, almost everytime the sox scored a run they would walk up and down the aisle saying crude things to all cubs fans like after AJ hit his shot

"hey cub fans, wheres your tissues"

he evnetually got into a verbal fight with some guy but nothing physical
I hate guys like that. It's one thing to give a little ribbing to a guy sitting near you, especially if that person is being a jerk, but to actually walk up and down the aisle to bait them is stupid. Though of course if the Cubs were winning there would have been a guy just as bad doing the exact same thing so I don't exactly care that much. I just hate the behavior whoever is doing it.

robiwho
06-25-2005, 11:35 AM
There was an entire row of cubs fans behind us, which made me cringe as we took our seats. Needless to say, they were REAL quiet for most of the game and most of them were gone by the 7th inning. Only two guys stayed until the end of the game. We ended up talking to them and the Sox fan who was sitting next to them. There was some good-natured ribbing -- but really, we didn't have to say a word. The team was saying it all for us!

I can't wait for today's game!

swanson24
06-25-2005, 02:05 PM
I was siting in section 155 near a lot of Cubs Fans. The guys around me were White Sox fans and we had a blast. Once the game became apparent as to who had won (White Sox 8 Cubs 1 entering the 6th inning), I decided to yell out, "Here comes the Todd Squad". I thought it was funny but a lot of the Cubs Fans around me were not amused.
:D: