PDA

View Full Version : Spend the money...

chidonez
06-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Okay, I'm going to say it. Jerry and KW need to loosen up the purse strings, and I'll tell you why. Because a few million today (and this is the best chance in a long time) will pay dividends in the future. It will fill the stands, sell merchandise, and turn this franchise into a darling. Spend it! Spend 10, 20, 30 million. You don't get chances like this often. Jerry? Are you listening? Does your CFO have his head in his **s? Trust me...

Parrothead
06-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Okay, I'm going to say it. Jerry and KW need to loosen up the purse strings, and I'll tell you why. Because a few million today (and this is the best chance in a long time) will pay dividends in the future. It will fill the stands, sell merchandise, and turn this franchise into a darling. Spend it! Spend 10, 20, 30 million. You don't get chances like this often. Jerry? Are you listening? Does your CFO have his head in his **s? Trust me...

What do you want to spend it on?

chidonez
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM
I know. You're right. It was a moment of passion. I haven't seen anyone reasonable available, not that I've been scouring the message boards. In any case, I was trying to impress a particular philosophy. Which was, that by coming out swinging THIS year, you set the tone for the future. Whatever happens, if you prove that you are willing to do what is necessary to win (at all cost) in a year like this, then you establish something that can't be taken away easily.

In summary: JR spends 60 a year, on average, and probably breaks about even (the real value is in the appreciation of the franchise). That's not acceptable. If I were a shareholder, I'd want these goons to get creative, and I don't mean in the Veeck way.