PDA

View Full Version : Prior official starter Sunday...

chidonez
06-24-2005, 07:04 PM
That's all...

cleanwsox
06-24-2005, 07:09 PM
I wonder how long Dusty will keep him out there? He has to be on a pitch count of some sort.

ShoelessJoeS
06-24-2005, 07:45 PM
just another pathetic cubs starter to beat up on

SOX ADDICT '73
06-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I wonder how long Dusty will keep him out there? He has to be on a pitch count of some sort.
Considering how well Johnnie Bakker manages a pitching staff, I'd say there's no way Prior goes over 135 pitches. :redneck

ShoelessJoeS
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Considering how well Johnnie Bakker manages a pitching staff, I'd say there's no way Prior goes over 135 pitches. :redneck
the funny thing is im wondering if that really needs to be in teal, lol :cool:

chisoxmike
06-24-2005, 08:10 PM

No joke, if Prior is on and is shutting the Sox down like he was last month in a close game, I would NOT be surprised if Baker keeps him out there as long at it takes to get a win.

The Racehorse
06-24-2005, 10:25 PM

Dusty's pitch-count = is Prior's right arm still attached? ... if so, leave him in.

DumpJerry
06-24-2005, 10:34 PM
He'll be cold. Has not faced live batters in a while. We have Garland on the Hump. I'll be there. I'll be happy.

Chisox003
06-24-2005, 10:37 PM
No joke, if Prior is on and is shutting the Sox down like he was last month in a close game, I would NOT be surprised if Baker keeps him out there as long at it takes to get a win.

And if this pitch count is actually in effect, then hopefully our guys work him hard, and it will be a scorcher out sunday on top of that...

So 4 IP for Prior, then 4 innings of that Flub Bullpen?
:happybday :party: :cheers: :drunken: :smokin: :dancers: :gulp: :bandance:

ChiSoxRowand
06-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Prior does not scare me one bit. He will be very cold, he's not having a rehab start. Remember what happened to David Wells in his first outing after he didn't go to the minors? Prior will get lit up, if not, he will be on a pitch count and we will get to the cubs bullpen.

patbooyah
06-24-2005, 10:49 PM
doesn't prior always pitch poorly his first time out after an injury?

also- remember less than one month ago when he got hurt and everybody acted like someone had died?

zach23
06-24-2005, 11:05 PM
also- remember less than one month ago when he got hurt and everybody acted like someone had died?

Someome probably did. I am sure there were plenty of cub fans that jumped out of windows or impaled themselves on the Harry Carey statue when that happened.

TDog
06-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Prior was quoted in one of the AP reports from today's game. No kidding. He said there is no pitch count. He's ready.

I would like to see a line drive scream in his direction in the first inning. Give him something to think about. He would get out of the way, but it would set the stage for a long day for the Cubs' bullpen.

shoota
06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Since he will be on an unannounced pitch count (I'm guessing 75 floor, 100 ceiling) I'm guessing that Prior will try to throw strikes and get ahead of every hitter.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few first pitch home run swings from Thomas and Konerko. Or a first pitch running bunt from Podsednik to open the game.

shoota
06-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Prior was quoted in one of the AP reports from today's game. No kidding. He said there is no pitch count. He's ready.

I believe this is an intentional lie to prevent the Sox from running up the predetermined pitch count that Prior will be on.

Last season or the season before, with Cubs pitchers returning from the DL, they were on publicly known pitch counts. Later, when another Cubs pitcher returned from the DL, Baker refused to give the media the pitch count number his pitcher would be on in his return start. Baker denied this information because he thought the opposing team would just wait the starter out by running up his pitch count. I think it was a good move by Baker.

I think his strategy has again changed, this time by denying that a pitch count even exists! Nice try Dusty, but nobody's biting.

Sox need to run up Prior's pitch count on Sunday, keep the game close, then win it off their terrible bullpen.

elrod
06-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Prior's first start after an injury last year was stellar. He shut down the Pirates for five innings and gave up one hit. The Cubs ended up blowing that game in the 9th inning.

SoxSpeed22
06-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Prior's first start after an injury last year was stellar. He shut down the Pirates for five innings and gave up one hit. The Cubs ended up blowing that game in the 9th inning.The moral of the story is, they blew the game. We just play the way we've always played. Blow it less than the other guys.

JB98
06-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Prior's first start after an injury last year was stellar. He shut down the Pirates for five innings and gave up one hit. The Cubs ended up blowing that game in the 9th inning.

True, but he had minor-league rehab starts before that.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-25-2005, 12:20 AM
he didnt sound confident at all during the interview
I quoth dodgeball "We're gunna play globogym and we're probably gunna lose"