PDA

View Full Version : Good Month For White Sox Offense

WhteSox725
06-24-2005, 06:49 PM
June has been a really good month for the White Sox. During the broadcast they mentioned the Sox have been hitting .292 in the last 20 games. I went back and looked and in those games the Sox are 15-5. Not bad at all. They have scored 127 runs which works out to 6.35 runs per game played. They have scored in double figures 4 times in those 20 games.

At the beginning of the year there was a lot of putting the offense down especially from the media and they started out slow. The bats have turned it around and in my opinion the offense looks pretty darn impressive. We've never been listed among the most feared offenses this year but after seeing how the Sox have played this month, especially offensively, the lineup should be starting to cause some fear among teams in the league shouldn't it? I'm glad the offense has turned it around, it finally takes some pressure off the pitching staff to carry this team.

What are some of your impressions of this team offensively? Are the hot bats here to stay? I realize they will cool off eventually but has the play of the offense this past month been more indicative of what they can do than the offense of say even a month ago?

chidonez
06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Makes sense, with Dya, PK, and others starting to creep up on their historical numbers. And with Big Frank back. Nice to see that we are back where we SHOULD be, in terms of batting.

voodoochile
06-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Let's see, Frank comes back, jacks 7 HR in his first 40 AB and the rest of the team starts to see better pitches... Shocking...

:hurt
"Just doing my part."

MIgrenade
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Let's see, Frank comes back, jacks 7 HR in his first 40 AB and the rest of the team starts to see better pitches... Shocking...

Yeah, I think PK was hitting .400 this month coming into this game. I really don't know if PK should be helped by Frank but it doesn't seem to be hurting.

voodoochile
06-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I think PK was hitting .400 this month coming into this game. I really don't know if PK should be helped by Frank but it doesn't seem to be hurting.

to put it another way, Frank has scored 11 runs and driven in 12 while hitting his 7HR. That's a net impact of 16 runs... in 16 games...

Typical Frank numbers.

veeter
06-24-2005, 10:10 PM
The early season criticisms were ridiculous because of the track records of guys like Dye and PK. I'm sure I'm not alone in that I knew they would come around. The offense is no surprise to me.

kittle545feet
06-25-2005, 10:35 AM

:hurt
"Just doing my part."You are right on. I was going to say the same thing until I read your post. Whoever thinks Thomas doesn't mean anything to this team, whether he is struggling or not, doesn't see the big picture. He allows everyone to see better pitches and completely changes how pitchers have to face not only Thomas, but the rest of the lineup as well.