PDA

View Full Version : 10 things Sox fans hate...

Buehrle > Wood
06-24-2005, 06:12 PM
about Cubs fans. This was in the (Hammond) Times today. Northwest Indiana News: nwitimes.com (http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/06/24/sports/top_sports/895df24df84daa6e8625702900811f6e.txt)

10 Things White Sox fans hate about Cubs fans
1. Think every player from second-place 1969 chokers should be enshrined at Cooperstown.
2. Dumb enough to believe having no place to park for games qualifies as "ambience."
3. Think Harry Caray was a bigger steal than Jon Garland.
4. Consider Ron Santo an insightful analyst.
5. Too many Wisconsin cheeseheads among them.
6. "Woo! Woo!"
7. Still think Kerry Wood is better than Mark Buehrle. :D:
8. Seriously think Greg Maddux will be remembered as a Cub.
9. Can distinguish between various forms of high-end coffee.
10. Bandwagon jumpers wouldn't know Stan Hack from Hack Wilson.

ondafarm
06-24-2005, 06:17 PM
How about 'throws home runs back'? As in, "keep no balls, got no balls"

Uncle_Patrick
06-24-2005, 06:57 PM
about Cubs fans. This was in the (Hammond) Times today. Northwest Indiana News: nwitimes.com (http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/06/24/sports/top_sports/895df24df84daa6e8625702900811f6e.txt)

1. Think every player from second-place 1969 chokers should be enshrined at Cooperstown.
2. Dumb enough to believe having no place to park for games qualifies as "ambience."
3. Think Harry Caray was a bigger steal than Jon Garland.
4. Consider Ron Santo an insightful analyst.
5. Too many Wisconsin cheeseheads among them.
6. "Woo! Woo!"
8. Seriously think Greg Maddux will be remembered as a Cub.
9. Can distinguish between various forms of high-end coffee.
10. Bandwagon jumpers wouldn't know Stan Hack from Hack Wilson.

Change No.5 from Wisconsin Cheeseheads to Iowan tourists and this is close to being pretty correct.

RadioheadRocks
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I have my old "Late Night with the South Siders" t-shirt put away somewhere (featuring "Top 10 reasons why Cub fans are losers" on back)... gonna have to dig that puppy up! :D: :D: :D:

SOXSINCE'70
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM

It's Carrie Woods.:D: :D: :rolleyes:

21whitesoxway
06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
how bout 11. the way every time the camera points at them they waive and tell theyre friend on the cell phone 'huyuck, im on t.v.'

MrRoboto83
06-24-2005, 10:27 PM
http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/06/24/sports/top_sports/895df24df84daa6e8625702900811f6e.txt
There are some funny quotes from people in this article, wow, sounds like members from here!!

I think Wrigley is disgusting. It needs to be torn down. First of all, it smells like urine, you cannot find parking there, you spend a lot of money to go to one of the Cubs' games. I remember one game I went to, we had tickets in the suites at Wrigley, everyone wasn't even interested in the game but instead were watching a college football game on TV. I looked around, it was the same thing in other suites. I went to a White Sox game on June 20 and I paid a total of $20 for train, tickets, Polish sausage and a beer. What more can you ask for -- and the Sox won.

-- Sam Abbasy, Lansing

Blueprint1
06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
I have two experiences at (U.S. Cellular Field). The first one was I attended the Cubs-Sox game and I sat in the upper deck just off the left-field foul pole. Our seats were so high that I had to fight off the mountain goats from eating my popcorn!!! It was miserable!! The second experience wasn't a Cubs-Sox game, but the (2003) All-Star Game. I sat in the last row of the upper deck behind home plate. When they played the national anthem and the Blue Angels flew over the stadium, I had to make sure I didn't get hit by their landing gear!! How anybody could pay good money to sit in these nosebleed seats is beyond me!!

-- Dave Hasty, Cedar Lake

how original the upper deck is high. I wonder if this guy goes to bears games and the new soldier field because its just as high.

LuvSox
06-25-2005, 12:59 AM
I have two experiences at (U.S. Cellular Field). The first one was I attended the Cubs-Sox game and I sat in the upper deck just off the left-field foul pole. Our seats were so high that I had to fight off the mountain goats from eating my popcorn!!! It was miserable!! The second experience wasn't a Cubs-Sox game, but the (2003) All-Star Game. I sat in the last row of the upper deck behind home plate. When they played the national anthem and the Blue Angels flew over the stadium, I had to make sure I didn't get hit by their landing gear!! How anybody could pay good money to sit in these nosebleed seats is beyond me!!

-- Dave Hasty, Cedar Lake

So stop being cheap and get better seats.