PDA

View Full Version : Even With World Series Win White Sox Will Still Be Upstaged by Cubs

WhteSox725
06-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I know it's still too early to talk about the World Series but I don't believe in jinxes so I'm going to say it anyway. The White Sox will win the World Series and still be upstaged by the Cubs, namely Derek Lee and his Triple Crown season.

Leave it to the Cubs to one-up the Sox even after a World Series victory.

Rocky Soprano
06-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Derek Lee is NOT going to win the triple crown.

:dtroll:

Let's worry about our OWN team and don't worry about what the Flubs do. Enjoy this wonderful season the Sox are having.

John Barrett
06-24-2005, 03:27 PM
:whocares

as long as we win the WS

Unregistered
06-24-2005, 03:29 PM

Let's worry about our OWN team and don't worry about what the Flubs do. Enjoy this wonderful season the Sox are having.Yeah, if you seriously think D.Lee will win the triple crown, you're dillusional.

WhteSox725
06-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah, if you seriously think D.Lee will win the triple crown, you're dillusional.

Personally I don't think he'll win it but the way things go with the White Sox being always behind the Cubs it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

fledgedrallycap
06-24-2005, 03:33 PM
If we are fortunate to win the WS this year, would you seriously allow something like Derek Lee interfere? Who the **** cares?

WhteSox725
06-24-2005, 03:33 PM

Let's worry about our OWN team and don't worry about what the Flubs do. Enjoy this wonderful season the Sox are having.

Funny I don't remember ever saying I wasn't enjoying the season. But thanks for letting me know I'm not...now please teach me how to enjoy the season.

WhteSox725
06-24-2005, 03:35 PM
If we are fortunate to win the WS this year, would you seriously allow something like Derek Lee interfere? Who the **** cares?

Sheesh sensitive crowd today.

ewokpelts
06-24-2005, 03:37 PM
:caballo

Not if I can help it....

fledgedrallycap
06-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Sheesh sensitive crowd today.

It's Sox/Cubs, one must be careful in tossing around comparisons :D:

I understand the irony in it, but I feel once the regular season ends and the personal accolades settle down, a WS champ has the stage all to themselves in October.

Chisox003
06-24-2005, 03:41 PM
:deadhorse:

:rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Why is this in the Parking Lot?

Rocky Soprano
06-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Funny I don't remember ever saying I wasn't enjoying the season. But thanks for letting me know I'm not...now please teach me how to enjoy the season.

If you were truly enjoying the season you would not be so worried with a Cub player.

This is exactly why some people say that SOME Sox fans get happier when the Cubs lose than when the Sox win.

Flight #24
06-24-2005, 04:10 PM
I think in that scenario, any cheering for DLee's accomplishment would be drowned out by the sounds of air raid sirens and the parade that Daley would organize.

cbrownson13
06-24-2005, 04:15 PM
A) Derrek Lee won't win the triple crown.

B) Even if he does, a White Sox World Series would trump that.

C) If the White Sox win the World Series and are overshadowed, I really don't care and I don't know why anyone would. That would be top story for me, hell with what other people think.

Rocky Soprano
06-24-2005, 04:23 PM

C) If the White Sox win the World Series and are overshadowed, I really don't care and I don't know why anyone would. That would be top story for me, hell with what other people think.

:cheers:

Right on!

StillMissOzzie
06-24-2005, 06:13 PM

If the Sox win the WS, I couldn't care less if Derrek Lee hits 75 HR's, has 200 RBI, and bats .400. I'd ask MJ&H to cue up the "We're happy for you!" sound bite.

SMO
:D:

Uncle_Patrick
06-24-2005, 07:03 PM
If the Sox win the World Series, the Cubs will not matter, even if Derek Lee wins the triple crown. The bandwagoners will have moved to the South Side. The triple crown would be more important to the die-hard Cubs fans, but this city would be so overjoyed with a World Series championship, that it wouldn't matter which side of town it came from.