PDA

View Full Version : sox going with black jersey today

irish rover
06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Freddy wants to go with the black to day

Chicago83
06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
And he will still wear the long sleeves, this guy must be crazy. Hope he doesn't pass out.

mccombe_35
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Is Frank in the lineup?

irish rover
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
maybe its psyops

irish rover
06-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Is Frank in the lineup?

yes batting 3rd

Pods

Tad

Frank

PK

Arow

Dye

AJ

Crede

Ozuna

kittle545feet
06-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Freddy wants to go with the black to dayIs this really Freddy's call? If it is, is he crazy? I guess he gets a chill at 94 degrees and the black jerseys will help. Ha!

mccombe_35
06-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Wooohoooo! Thanks irish rover!

:D:

CLR01
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Is this really Freddy's call? If it is, is he crazy? I guess he gets a chill at 94 degrees and the black jerseys will help. Ha!

Yes, the pitcher chooses the jersey.

irish rover
06-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Is this really Freddy's call? If it is, is he crazy? I guess he gets a chill at 94 degrees and the black jerseys will help. Ha!

thats the way it was reported, it was his choice

Unregistered
06-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Is this really Freddy's call? If it is, is he crazy? I guess he gets a chill at 94 degrees and the black jerseys will help. Ha!http://www.harrywalker.com/photos/Baker_Dusty.jpg
"Look, dude - The dude's spanish, man.
You know how those Spanish are - they
like the hot weather cause it's hot where
they're from, dude. My white dudes on the
other hand, they're in trouble today, man."

kevingrt
06-24-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't understand why some pitchers like Garcia wear long sleeves all the time. Loaiza did it to and I thought he would pass out sometimes. All I know for sure though is Garcia better dirnk a lot of h20, because he is our key to success and a victory in today's ballgame.

irish rover
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
burley, " I like it hot, the hotter the better"

The Racehorse
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
And he will still wear the long sleeves, this guy must be crazy. Hope he doesn't pass out.

When the Mariners came to D.C.... it was SWELTERING... and Ichiro was out there during a day game in a turtle-neck! :?:

So that's two crazoids. :D:

GiveMeSox
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM

Relax its not even that warm at US Celluar. I just checked the weather page its 98 here in Flossmoor and 82 at US Cellular (or its zipcode). I have never seen this before. Usually its cooler near the lake in lake april and may, but June 24th with the winds out of the SW, doesn't really make sense with the warm wind blowing not off the lake but from the SW. Oh well it is what it is.

White Sox Josh
06-24-2005, 03:28 PM
What happened to the vest uniforms. I would think that the SP would want to wear that on a hot day.

miker
06-24-2005, 03:30 PM

A Venezuelan probably knows a thing or two about heat...he'll be okay.

Unregistered
06-24-2005, 03:30 PM
What happened to the vest uniforms. I would think that the SP would want to wear that on a hot day.Freddy should wear the vest with no sleeves today. That'd show 'em! :cool:

daveeym
06-24-2005, 03:53 PM
What happened to the vest uniforms. I would think that the SP would want to wear that on a hot day. It's all I can stand and I can'ts stands no more...NEW SIGNATURE PLEASE. That guy just creeps me out.

The Racehorse
06-24-2005, 04:00 PM
It's all I can stand and I can'ts stands no more...NEW SIGNATURE PLEASE. That guy just creeps me out.

LOL!

:)

White Sox Josh
06-24-2005, 04:04 PM
It's all I can stand and I can'ts stands no more...NEW SIGNATURE PLEASE. That guy just creeps me out.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/WhiteSoxJosh/ph_120922.png
What's wrong with me daveeym?

ChiSoxRowand
06-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't understand why some pitchers like Garcia wear long sleeves all the time. Loaiza did it to and I thought he would pass out sometimes. All I know for sure though is Garcia better dirnk a lot of h20, because he is our key to success and a victory in today's ballgame.

I would never wear long sleeves on a day like this. I know some guys like Danny Graves and Bobby Madrictsh have to wear long sleeve because they have so many tatoos.

The Critic
06-25-2005, 09:51 AM
When we were watching the replay of the game, my wife ( who is a Cub fan but I still love her :D: ) said something very cool when she saw the black jerseys.
She said, "Maybe they're sending a message that 'We're not afraid of the weather, we're not afraid of YOU, we're not afraid of anything' ".
I never thought of it that way, but I think maybe it does make the other team think, "Jeez, these guys are nuts"!

SOX ADDICT '73
06-25-2005, 10:10 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/WhiteSoxJosh/ph_120922.png
What's wrong with me daveeym?
Well, considering the time I put into making your first sig ("The Big Five"), which you used for, what, like a week? I'd say Randa in a Sox uni, in addition to being a pretty dumb idea, makes for a pretty dumb sig.

I'm not saying you had to use the one I made forever (hell, I said you didn't have to use it at all if you didn't want to), but is this goof really the best you could come up with instead? No hard feelings, Josh, but seriously, get a better sig!

By the way, if anyone is looking for a sig, this one
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2781
is apparently back on the market.

Brian26
06-25-2005, 10:32 AM
I'd say Randa in a Sox uni, in addition to being a pretty dumb idea, makes for a pretty dumb sig.

Is THAT who that is? I thought it was Josh Paul. Geez, what a dumb sig.

SoxFan76
06-25-2005, 10:35 AM
The sig is a bit Jabroni-esque if you ask me.

Jurr
06-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I would never wear long sleeves on a day like this. I know some guys like Danny Graves and Bobby Madrictsh have to wear long sleeve because they have so many tatoos.
Hell, Wednesday afternoon at the park was also very hot, and Neal Cotts is sitting in the bullpen wearing one of those pullovers (the one with the Sox logo on the neck)...those things are warm to wear!!!

soxgirl617
06-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Relax its not even that warm at US Celluar. I just checked the weather page its 98 here in Flossmoor and 82 at US Cellular (or its zipcode). I have never seen this before. Usually its cooler near the lake in lake april and may, but June 24th with the winds out of the SW, doesn't really make sense with the warm wind blowing not off the lake but from the SW. Oh well it is what it is.

I was at the game yesterday (GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!), and it was definitely HOT---much hotter than 82. (The report on the radio said it was 95 at The Cell at game time.) Add roughly 40,000 bodies packed in, more than half sitting in the sun for almost the whole game, and the temps were extremely high. Don't go by the weather page.

I thought Freddy did an outstanding job, regardless of why he wears long sleeves. I did think he was nuts, but whatever it takes!

ilsox7
06-25-2005, 11:07 AM
The sig is a bit Jabroni-esque if you ask me.

The poster is a bit Jabroni-esque if you ask me.

soxfanreggie
06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, I don't care if Freddy wants to wear Canary-Yellow uniforms if we do to the Cubs what we did with Freddy pitching. Sure, we 10-run ruled them (would have been nice to see that rule invoked), but Freddy also pitched a darn good game.

Let's stop worrying about what jerseys the players wear and focus on a higher goal...kicking the living crap out of the Cubs again.

The Critic
06-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Well, I don't care if Freddy wants to wear Canary-Yellow uniforms if we do to the Cubs what we did with Freddy pitching. Sure, we 10-run ruled them (would have been nice to see that rule invoked), but Freddy also pitched a darn good game.

Let's stop worrying about what jerseys the players wear and focus on a higher goal...kicking the living crap out of the Cubs again.

Not really "worrying" about what jerseys they wear and why, just discussing it.
A thread about the black jerseys doesn't really take away from the goal of winning every series the Sox play, I don't believe.
Besides, it would get kinda dull if EVERY thread was about the higher goal, wouldn't it?
:D: