PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Echoes Garland's Statement

RKMeibalane
06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
From Yahoo.com:

``The Cubs, they draw regardless of what type of team they put on the field,'' said White Sox slugger Frank Thomas (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4527/), who qualifies as an expert after spending his entire career on the South Side.

``It's always more of an event over there to see a ballgame,'' Thomas added. ``Over here, it's about winning. When we win here, we draw very, very well. When we don't play well over here, we don't draw well. That's just the way it's been.''

kittle545feet
06-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Thomas really nails it on the head with those comments.

kevingrt
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Thomas really nails it on the head with those comments.

Now nail the damn ball out of the ballpark today!

balke
06-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Now nail the damn ball out of the ballpark today!

Done and Done

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2005, 03:04 AM
Isn't it amazing? Frank knows that he can't run very well yet, so he just says "the hell with it" and hits everything into the seats.

Erik The Red
06-25-2005, 04:27 AM
Isn't it amazing? Frank knows that he can't run very well yet, so he just says "the hell with it" and hits everything into the seats.
I said as much to my father earlier while enjoying the game and a few beers with him.

Deadguy
06-25-2005, 07:17 AM

You can actually see it in his swing and his follow through. He loves just curving the ball into the left field seats. Ozzie was right when he said Frank can do just about anything he sets out to do.

I wonder if he can keep doing this on the road, though.

The Critic
06-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I wonder if he can keep doing this on the road, though.

Yeah.
He can, and I think he will.
Frank can crush the ball out of any ballpark.
It is great to have him back in the lineup!!!

DaveIsHere
06-25-2005, 10:02 AM
I hope that Thomas becomes one of the biggest stories of our season, he deserves the respect and with us winning and him hitting a ball out almost every game I hope his career get the recognition it is due!!

It's crazy, I believe out of his ten hits only 3 have stayed in the park, now that it nuts!!!!!

The Racehorse
06-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I hope that Thomas becomes one of the biggest stories of our season, he deserves the respect and with us winning and him hitting a ball out almost every game I hope his career get the recognition it is due!!

It's crazy, I believe out of his ten hits only 3 have stayed in the park, now that it nuts!!!!!

Those aren't baseballs that Frank sees coming at him, they're volleyballs. :bandance:

balke
06-25-2005, 10:46 AM
I said he'd have 15 RBI in his first 3 weeks of play. Well, I was thinking about his first 15-18 games he'd have 15 RBI (I was making a point that Rowand has been a let down because it took him about 6 weeks to get that many with the best leadoff men in the league in front of him). Turns out he has 12 RBI in 16 games so far. Took Rowand 39 games to get 15.

I love Rowand, and he's been playing well lately. But Frank is definitely our #3 hitter. Having Aaron bat so low in the order makes me feel like we have such a great lineup now with Frank back. Are we 3rd in HR's now? Or still 4th?

kojak
06-25-2005, 12:25 PM
It is kind of like Walter Payton and the '85 Bears. I think Frank realizes this and he is prepared for the role of "Slugger at the end of his career having a renaissance season."

So does that make Crazy Carl The Fridge?