PDA

View Full Version : How to pitch a no hitter on acid.

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Not sure if this is the right place...

How to throw a no-hitter on acid, and other lessons from the career of baseball legend Dock Ellis:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/Issues/2005-06-16/news/feature_print.html

Madvora
06-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks for posting that. I heard about that story before, but I didn't know too much about it. That was a very interesting read. I also heard that it was all BS from somewhere, just a rumor, but who knows either way.

I would love for ESPN Classic to air that game. That would be something very interesting to watch. I would assume they've played it before though, but I've never see it.

LoganSox
06-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I love his comments on the violence in 60's baseball...and would also love to see that footage of the bean-a-thon against the Reds...

baseball today needs guys like Dock Ellis...the disneyfication of the game has sucked the humanity out of it...but I guess that comes with the money...

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I loved what he said about Bonds. He'd hit him just to see if the pads worked.

Chicago83
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
The best baseball story ever, the mythical Dock Ellis no-hitter on acid. I always wondered if it was true or not. 8 walks, but he still did it. Must have been fun.