PDA

View Full Version : [teal] sox fan [/teal] Dave Revsine gives TABLOID bad name

fquaye149
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
at espn.com:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2093744

some choice quotes

White Sox fans don't do personal attacks unless, of course, you're an opposing first base coach

Until recently, there has been little lovable about the Sox a bad (though improved) ballpark, an occasionally cantankerous owner, a sometimes surly superstar in Frank Thomas.

If given the choice, just about anyone in his (or her) right mind would choose the Cubs over the Sox. I mean, if you're going to root for a loser, you might as well do it amidst the ivy, beer and halter tops of Wrigley Field. But, in Chicago, it's not a choice. You're one or the other and my fate was to pull for the Sox.

vomit.

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 12:36 PM
and halter tops of Wrigley Field.

Because, you know, the women at Comiskey wear burkas.

Baby Fisk
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Zoroastrians don't come from Uzbekistan. What a moron!

The rest of it: meh. Hey Dave, thanks for using this opportunity to reinforce every dumb stereotype people hold about the Sox.

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2005, 12:39 PM
If you want to become a Cubs fan, Dave, please, go ahead. You won't be missed.

RKMeibalane
06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't care what Revsine says. He isn't a Sox fan. He wouldn't last more than two minutes at this site.

doublem23
06-24-2005, 12:46 PM
The guy knows who's signing his checks. No mention of ESPN endlessly playing highights of a garbage game between the D-Rays and Yankees and he whines about nobody watching the Sox?

Yawn... Hal Vickery and the rest of our columnists here are the only people who actually think when they write about the Beloved.

mccoydp
06-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I feel like I've been misusing this (heck, I think this is the third time I've done it in a week), but this is what I think of the entire column:

:chunks

And to both of the columnists, I pose this question, concerning how we should feel about either of you:

:whocares

The media doesn't get it, sports writers don't get it, and casual fans who dope up on ESPN every night don't get it either. We cheer the White Sox because they're kicking arse, and they're a great team. 'Nuff said.

Hendu
06-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Geez for a White Sox fan he sure takes a lot of shots and the Sox and tries to justify why he's a fan instead of being proud of it.

The problem is that there aren't many Sox fans in the national media so they have to have these morons speak for us. I think anyone from Chicago who is an aspiring sports journalist is forced to switch allegiances to the flubbies so they can write all those lame articles about curses and bleacher bums and all the other cute and fuzzy garbage that the national media eats up like it's going out of style.

cheeses_h_rice
06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
So he's a "Sox fan" who STILL thinks the Cell is a "bad" ballpark?

:rolleyes:

:kukoo:

:crossdresser

:whoflungpoo

doublem23
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Did anyone even bother to take the time to read Wojiecsky's piece of ****? You think Sox fans don't know suffering? **** you.

miker
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
With luck, both Wojciechowski and Revsine will choke on their hot dogs while watching the series this weekend! :angry:

Lip Man 1
06-24-2005, 06:24 PM
What a moron...

Lip

chidonez
06-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey people. The entire column was *teal*, as bragging about how cursed your team is usually is, is.

SOXSINCE'70
06-24-2005, 07:00 PM
HEY REVSINE!!:booty: :booty:

Need I say more??

Corlose 15
06-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Gee Dave, real sorry that you were born a Sox fan and were cursed with the great misery that accompanies it.

That part about the BBTN producer sure explains a lot of things though.

Blueprint1
06-24-2005, 07:44 PM
So he's a "Sox fan" who STILL thinks the Cell is a "bad" ballpark?

:rolleyes:

:kukoo:

:crossdresser

:whoflungpoo

Its funny I went to a game in Miller Park the other day. I thought the cell was a much better place to watch the game. I know the cubs were there but I got free tickets.

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 08:09 PM
I was at Miller Park for the last spring training game. I didn't like it at all. Safeco did a much better job with a retractable roof.

DieTrying79
06-24-2005, 09:20 PM
That article was pathetic, and did such a poor job of explaining what being a real (and I emphasize REAL) Sox fan is about. I don't know, I feel like a real fan and a real Chicagoan wouldn't critique the team and the park so negatively. Someone mentioned the part about the BBTN producer, and you're right, its VERY telling about the national perception of this team. Revsine is just ticked that his face time has decreased significantly over the years on ESPN...before you know it, he'll be on ESPN 8 ("The Ocho!") calling dodgeball games.

By the way, this is my first post here, and I'm looking forward to going through the rest of the season with all of you! GO SOX!!

MIgrenade
06-24-2005, 09:25 PM
He's a Sox fan who tried to convert to being a Cubs fan. Wow. I'm really happy to be represented to the nation by a complete jack*** who doesn't want to be associated with his team until they win 50 out of 72. People don't want to like the Sox because of retarded articles like that.

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Okay, so ESPN.com teases a debate between a Sox fan and a Cubs fan on why you are one or the other in Chicago. I'm a sucker; I bite. So what does the "Sox fan" have to say?

Why aren't you a Cubs fan?" That's like saying: "Why aren't you tall?" I was born this way. I can't help it. My father is a Sox fan, so I am. It's passed between generations like a defective gene (Wojciechowski). If given the choice, just about anyone in his (or her) right mind would choose the Cubs over the Sox. I mean, if you're going to root for a loser, you might as well do it amidst the ivy, beer and halter tops of Wrigley Field. But, in Chicago, it's not a choice. You're one or the other and my fate was to pull for the Sox.

Anyone in his/her right mind would choose the Cubs? My father wasn't particularly a baseball fan; I chose the Sox on my own. What does that make me?

Feel free to kiss my nether regions, you media moron. Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2093744

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Sorry, I started a thread on this in "what's the score" because I didn't expect to find one on it here. I thought it was either roadhouse or what's the score material.

Revsine is trying to have it both ways. "Hey guys, I'm a Sox fan, but I realize that it's far cooler to be a Cubs fan, and that Wrigley is a shrine. I just can't help myself. Please still like me. Please."

Bite me.

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Okay, I was confused for a minute, but now I see the threads have been combined. Thanks.

FarWestChicago
06-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Okay, I was confused for a minute, but now I see the threads have been combined. Thanks.I was so busy reading the massive, celebratory postgame thread I was remiss in getting this one moved. I swear, if the Sox sweep this series the postgame thread may be down to 15 posts by Sunday. :rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I was so busy reading the massive, celebratory postgame thread I was remiss in getting this one moved. I swear, if the Sox sweep this series the postgame thread may be down to 15 posts by Sunday. :rolleyes:
But if, god forbid, we lose the next 2, the server might just explode.

FarWestChicago
06-25-2005, 02:43 AM
But if, god forbid, we lose the next 2, the server might just explode.Oh, you got it. One loss, a 500 post thread. Two losses, pushing 1000. :rolleyes: