PDA

View Full Version : How Many WSI'ers have you met?

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I know personally, ive met quite a few of you ....especially outside of Chicago

White Sox Josh
06-24-2005, 09:34 AM
I know personally, ive met quite a few of you ....especially outside of ChicagoI know one who goes to New Trier. Not sure of his SN though.

TommyJohn
06-24-2005, 09:38 AM
I met PHG, Jerry_Manuel and Dan H at Soxfest in 2002. I have seen Torn
Labrum, Hangar 18 and steff in person, but haven't actually met them. I
only know what they look like because I've seen their pictures on WSI.

The Racehorse
06-24-2005, 09:38 AM
None... however, I have a feeling I've come close. Like two ships passing in the night.

EastCoastSoxFan
06-24-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm hoping to meet a few either at Camden Yards or Yankee Stadium later this season...

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm hoping to meet a few either at Camden Yards or Yankee Stadium later this season...

I'll be at Yankee stadium in August........see you there

Kogs35
06-24-2005, 09:49 AM
im in ny for now and im hopeing to be at yankee stadium in august

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 09:50 AM
In SanDiego a couple weeks ago, I met a ton of us.
TheBull, ChisoxCali, Longshot for starters. There were also a number of
"lurkers" who read my post on meeting at Dicks by Petco and introduced
themselves like Barry and Rob who lives in Pt Loma CA.

TommyJohn
06-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I'll be at Yankee stadium in August........see you there

I'll be there also. What game will you be attending? (or games)

nlentz88
06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
None. But yeah, I'm sure I've passed quite a few of you kids on the concourse or parking lots.

Once again, this brings up the idea of some kind of WSI identifier. I personally like the idea of a flying sock patch to be sewn onto jersey sleeves.

kevingrt
06-24-2005, 10:39 AM
I've met a couple. I know a couple went to my high school like Hawk_DJ and one other. I also met two others when I got tickets off them from the Parking Lot. Everyone is cool too.

skottyj242
06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Hangar I met you at McNally's in 2003 for the NLCS and I've seen you a couple of times since. That's about it for me. Actually I think you have pictures posted of us after the game?

EastCoastSoxFan
06-24-2005, 10:49 AM
I'll be there also. What game will you be attending? (or games)
I'm sure the *Official Roll Call* will come up later, but Mrs. EastCoastSoxFan and I will be decked out in Sox gear at the game on Tuesday August 9th...

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Hangar I met you at McNally's in 2003 for the NLCS and I've seen you a couple of times since. That's about it for me. Actually I think you have pictures posted of us after the game?

Yeah, I remember you. Werent those pics great? Speaking of pics, We
have some great pics of us in SanDiego, at Dicks after the Sat Nite game.
Seems a group of exotic dancers stopped by for drinks ........

I showed the pictures from Barrys camera to Neil Cotts and Cliff Pollitte
in the bullpen, they loved it

The Dude
06-24-2005, 10:54 AM
I know personally, ive met quite a few of you ....especially outside of Chicago

I've seen you at sox fest and at many games. The only reason I know its you is because of the WSI picture gallery. Maybe one of these days, I'll say whats up.:D:

Church Turtle
06-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I was at one of the Angels games and this blonde cries out - a bit out of slap distance - "Go Cubbies!" and I commented to the guy sitting next to me that she really shouldn't have gotten tanked before the first pitch and his reply was "Well, Cub Fans are Drunk." and I could have sworn it was going to be our very own CFAD, but when I asked the friend he was attending the game with if either of them posted on WSI or not, I was informed that neither of them have ever tried it, but that they had heard good things about it.

By the way, the one fellow said he used to have Lee Elia's rant loaded into his computer to fire off when he opens windows. I told him I was surprised it didn't melt his hard drive.:D:

LuvSox
06-24-2005, 12:13 PM
I've recognized a couple of people just from their pics here but was never able to say hi.

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
For the WSI "Elders," Hangar18, steff, WhiteSoxWilkes...All three of them are upstanding people.

I hope to meet more this year as we aim to get to (and win) the World Series!

mike squires
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I've met Hanger at Soxfest. He was kind enough to show me some of the construction the Sox were working on for renovations. I introduced myself to Torn Labrum (Hal) at his booth and I met Santo=Dorf at opening day this year in Champaign. I think that's it.

Iwritecode
06-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I know I'm going to miss a couple people and probably spell a few wrong but here it goes...

PHG
Jerry_Manuel
Voodoochile
Wilkes
Hangar
Steff
Mickster
TornLabrum
Dan Helpinstine(forgot his screen name) :redface:
Ol No 2
Palehose13
Brian26
Big_Wheels (or pinwheels. it was really loud)
Hitmen_OF_77 (the guy that flew in for Soxfest from Washington)

I know there was a handful that I met at the spring training tailgate in Milwaukee as well.

I've also met a handful of people that post mostly on Soxtalk.

ma_deuce
06-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Palehose13, Hanger, Steff, Maurice, and I few more that I can't remember (damn you beer!).

:gulp: :cheers: :drunken:

Jurr
06-24-2005, 03:10 PM
I met Realist this weekend. Awesome guy.

If anyone was at Jimbo's on Wednesday and saw a sunburned guy wearing a black Buehrle jersey, that was me.

Hondo
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I know Mohoney but I've never met any others.

I'll be at Saturday's game with idiot cubs fans on the deck of the BSB. I'll be the tall, blonde one in a sox shirt, khaki short and sox hat. Come say hi if you think of it. I could use the moral support.

patbooyah
06-24-2005, 05:18 PM
In SanDiego a couple weeks ago, I met a ton of us.
TheBull, ChisoxCali, Longshot for starters. There were also a number of
"lurkers" who read my post on meeting at Dicks by Petco and introduced
themselves like Barry and Rob who lives in Pt Loma CA.

oh, so now i mean nothing to you? :(:

Rocklive99
06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I saw some one with a shirt that said "Hangar 18" on the front and "H*ACDClightning bolt*18" on the back at Arlington Park a couple weeks ago, it looked like a completely different person than your pics in the photo gallery tho

LongLiveFisk
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
None so far...but if you ever see a female wearing a WSI t-shirt at the game, come up and say hi. It just might be me. :wink:

santo=dorf
06-24-2005, 05:40 PM
oh, so now i mean nothing to you? :(:

lol

You're not alone.

soxjim
06-24-2005, 06:05 PM
None yet. 2 fans on the same day yelled SOX rule one was near the NIU campus and the other one was in a grocery store in the Rockford area. I was wearing a WSI shirt.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-24-2005, 06:07 PM
None yet. 2 fans on the same day yelled SOX rule one was near the NIU campus and the other one was in a grocery store in the Rockford area. I was wearing a WSI shirt.
Was the store Woodman's? We do our shopping there most of the time.

I know darklord23, I think he registered here at WSI because I'd always check this site when I was at his house. The Big Squirt teaches at my old high school, but I never met him. That troll habibaru also went to my school, but thankfully I didn't know him. Or atleast I think. :)

soxjim
06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Was the store Woodman's? We do our shopping there most of the time.

I know darklord23, I think he registered here at WSI because I'd always check this site when I was at his house. The Big Squirt teaches at my old high school, but I never met him. That troll habibaru also went to my school, but thankfully I didn't know him. Or atleast I think. :)

yes it was at woodmans. my neighbor Jon joined. we should have a rockford get together some time.

chidonez
06-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't think I've met any of you, but who knows... Can't wait to meet a few at Fenway in August. Look me up...

StillMissOzzie
06-24-2005, 10:27 PM
I've met Hangar18, Steff, and Pinwheels at SoxFest, I met TornLabrum at the WCSF booth (and thanks again for the Maggs bobblehead!), and ewokpelts at SoxFest, as well as one of those sports shows in Rosemont. I'm forgetting a few, too.

SMO
:gulp:

Viva Medias B's
06-24-2005, 10:42 PM
I have not had the honor of meeting Hangar18, but I have met TDog. And, in a state of total drunkenness, I met whitesoxwilkes in the atrium bar the Saturday night of SoxFest (when we hung out with Ozzie Jr. who was holding court).

DumpJerry
06-24-2005, 10:53 PM
I know Soxstarter (I recruited her to WSI). I've met Kilroy and Soxphile at games.

Would love to meet everyone else!

Daver
06-24-2005, 11:05 PM
I had the privilege of watching a Jackhammers game with Torn, it was a pleasure to watch a game with someone that keeps score.

darklord23
06-24-2005, 11:13 PM
i know 1,chiwhitesox1337, he introduced me to wsi. :smile:

NealCotts4Life
06-24-2005, 11:40 PM
I know the Go-Go Everetts and Dranny32. I told them about the site, yet they are still ungrateful.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-25-2005, 12:32 AM
i met joe aka josecanseco6969 at the home opener. he scalped me tickets to the sunday game vs. the orioles. he ripped me off too. charged me $100 a ticket. im broke now. my kids have no food. my wife left me. to top it all off, i got jumped right outside the stadium and someone stole the tickets....

but the sox won, so it's all good :D: