PDA

View Full Version : Interesting U.S. Cellular Review

MrRoboto83
06-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Came across this site the other day, this guy is on a tour of ballparks and gives The Cell a good review.

http://www.spikesballparks.com/home.asp?PRKID=32

pinwheels3530
06-24-2005, 08:51 AM
This guy did a really good job taking pictures. So I wonder when the bullpen sports bar was renamed the bullpen cafe.

Hitmen77
06-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Good review. But it seems like all his reviews are positive - even for the Tropicana Dome.

One point of clarification. The game he attended was a sellout. He said it was officially only 82% full (though he agreed that it seemed full). The reason must be that he got that statistic from someone who is still going by Comiskey Park's pre-upper deck renovation capacity.

By the way, he said Wrigley "exceeded" his expectations but then said this:

My seat offered an excellent view of the infield from the first base side, but there was a walkway in front of me that allowed fans to continously obstruct my view, sometimes at critical moments.

For example, in the 1st inning, when Derek Lee, was at bat, my view was blocked by fans, when he hit the first pitch thrown to him, into the stands. This led to my moving to a seat far away in the upper left deck, that offered an unobstructed view.

So, how could the Urinal exceed his expectation if his view was continously obstructed? :?:
Funny, I seem to hear over and over again stories of people who go to Wrigley and have an obstructed view. Amazing how everyone turns that fact into the total B.S. about how every seat at Wrigley is great.

Jerko
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Again a Sox thread takes a turn North. Who the **** cares what this guy thinks of Wrigley? Somebody should tell him he could get into the "Bullpen Cafe" with a 500 ticket as well.

samram
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
For example, in the 1st inning, when Derek Lee, was at bat, my view was blocked by fans, when he hit the first pitch thrown to him, into the stands. This led to my moving to a seat far away in the upper left deck, that offered an unobstructed view.

My question is why are there so many commas in that first sentence.

elrod
06-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Great pictures!

FielderJones
06-24-2005, 11:01 AM

Look at the rest of his picture captions. Someone needs to call the comma police on that guy.

mantis1212
06-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Looking at this guy's collection of pictures, I've realized I haven't made it to the upper deck since all the murals were put up. They look great- I'm gonna get some upper tank seats this year.

Iwritecode
06-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Funny, I seem to hear over and over again stories of people who go to Wrigley and have an obstructed view.

I think the funny thing about that story is that instead of having the normal obstructed view because of a pole, his view was obstructed because of all the "fans" that are up walking around in the middle of an inning!

At least at the Cell, most people are intelligent enough to wait until there's at least a stop in play to get up from their seat...

Brian26
06-24-2005, 11:57 AM

I think it's ok to have a comma after "yesterday" and "honestly", but he definitely has an extra one at the end before "and it's unobstructed view."

Jerko
06-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Too bad Kittle42 is banned; he'd have a field day being the comma police.

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Too bad Kittle42 is banned; he'd have a field day being the comma police.

Banned??? are you kidding?

maurice
06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Nice review. IMHO, it's typical of a person who heard bad things about the park, only to see for themselves that none of that crap is true. It helped that he went on the day Frank returned. The whole place was rocking.

LuvSox
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Looking at this guy's collection of pictures, I've realized I haven't made it to the upper deck since all the murals were put up. They look great- I'm gonna get some upper tank seats this year.

Nor did I. I'm still not going up there though. :D:

The Dude
06-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Banned??? are you kidding?

Nope, hes not. Kittle42, He gone.

ChiSoxRowand
06-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Wasn't the Sox-Angels game on memorial day a sellout? He said it was only filled to 82.1% capacity.

wsoxgalkelly
06-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Im just glad that someone finally gave comiskeullar a good review!

Hitmen77
06-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Wasn't the Sox-Angels game on memorial day a sellout? He said it was only filled to 82.1% capacity.

It was a sellout.

I have seen errors such as this in several box scores this season. I think some websites still list USCF's capacity as 46k or 47k - whatever it was just before the upper deck renovation. So, when we now have a sellout at 38 or 39k it's reported by some sources as the park only being at 80-something % capacity.

ShoelessJoeS
06-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Came across this site the other day, this guy is on a tour of ballparks and gives The Cell a good review.

http://www.spikesballparks.com/home.asp?PRKID=32
its a shame he didnt have 100 level tickets, i think he would have enjoyed it much better (if thats possible) :cool: