PDA

View Full Version : Showalter

pmck003
06-24-2005, 03:53 AM
If I remember right, Guillen had some choice words for the Ranger manager earlier this season. After watching the Rangers LAaA game the other night, I have to agree with him in that buck seems to micromanage too much; seems to me the rangers have more talent than LLLa but are not playing near their capacity. Gives me re-enforcement in believing in Guillen's philosophy.
On a side note, I couldn't find the thread about the SI article. I used to think the threads on the negative national media were overblown (not that I disagreed with anyone but had not read the articles myself) but I will not be sending in my renewal form they sent me the other day due to the "anthropoligist". Wrigley could use an anthropoligist to dig up something good about em.

Banix12
06-24-2005, 04:07 AM
Ozzie always has a few choice words about Showalter. I gotta think most of the criticisms of Showalter have been pretty valid. Can't win the big one. Micromanages the game.

It's not to say he's a bad manager, he's successfully built up three teams that hadn't had strong track records before he came in. Even the Yankees weren't all that great before he showed up. It just seems he can only take them so far.

Though I wouldn't say Texas has more talent than LAA. While Texas certainly has a more powerful lineup, the Rangers are definitely deficient in pitching, both starting and middle relief.n The Angels have pretty good starters and one of the best bullpens in baseball.

So when does Showater get fired? At the end of this season or at the end of next season? I think they'll give him a pass this year and give him his walking papers this time next year.

wdelaney72
06-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Ozzie's criticism's towards are personally inspired and biased. Even though they may be accurate, I don't give it a whole lot of credibility.