PDA

View Full Version : Best Darrin Jackson Call

NealCotts4Life
06-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Inspired by the best Ken Harrison call thread.

Mine is when him and the Pope Donn Paul were talking about Van Halen for some reason, which promped DJ to scream "JUMP" in the highest voice. I laughed for hours.

JermaineDye05
06-23-2005, 11:52 PM
best darrin jackson call would be "............" I personally hate his homerun call omg when hawk wasn't there it was brutal

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 11:52 PM
That's a trick question, right?

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 11:53 PM
"Fly ball...caught."

brewcrew/chisox
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Who's the tallest midget in the circus?

JackParkman
06-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Uh-oh!

ilsox7
06-23-2005, 11:58 PM
When he calls it quits.

JGarlandrules20
06-24-2005, 12:05 AM
I remember that one walkoff last season(can't remember which..maybe july 24th, Joe Crede?) where he was like something like "That's game."

That was definitely one of his few, good, meaningful calls.

dranny32
06-24-2005, 12:09 AM
my favorite was when rowand was up to bat in a game last season w/ a man on third, and DJ says, " I will eat this piece of paper if he bring int his run". And sure enough; rowand drove him in.

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 12:29 AM
As I have said before, I live in New York so I don't hear many Sox games. I was once at someone's house who got WGN so I listened to Hawk and DJ. It was the game against the mariners last year when Buehrle pitched at U.S. Cellular Field. Ichiro had a bunch of hits(5, I think) and Buehrle threw him the eephus pitch. Timo had three hits and needed a triple for the cycle. He also threw out Bret Boone at third base to end the game on a two run single to right that brought the score to within one run. The call is as follows and can be found under, "Timo Perez throws out Boone" here-http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player_media.jsp?player_id=340392

Hawk: There's a line shot base hit...Timo the throw.(His voice got higher and higher as he said this)

DJ: YES!

Hawk: YES! What a throw by Timo Perez!(Fireworks can be heard in the background while the replay is being shown.) And this ballgame is over!(The giddy Hawk has a very high voice.) Timo came up smoking as he throws out Bret Boone at third!

DJ: (Now here comes the incoherent DJ speech that I love so much.)The bullet on the 3-2 change up, one hop to Timo with a cannon on the money, nailing Bret Boone. What a job! What a tag by Uribe to get over there and keep it on him!

guillen4life13
06-24-2005, 12:31 AM
DJ is a good baseball announcer. If he didn't have Hawk's egotisctical personality overshadowing him, he would show through much more. Just take a look at the Fox telecasts where it has been him and another announcer who didn't hog the waves. Much better.

batmanZoSo
06-24-2005, 12:31 AM
As I have said before, I live in New York so I don't hear many Sox games. I was once at someone's house who got WGN so I listened to Hawk and DJ. It was the game against the mariners last year when Buehrle pitched at U.S. Cellular Field. Ichiro had a bunch of hits(5, I think) and Buehrle threw him the eephus pitch. Timo had three hits and needed a triple for the cycle. He also threw out Bret Boone at third base to end the game on a two run single to right that brought the score to within one run. The call is as follows and can be found under, "Timo Perez throws out Boone" here-http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player_media.jsp?player_id=340392

Hawk: There's a line shot base hit...Timo the throw.(His voice got higher and higher as he said this)

Hawk: YES! What a throw by Timo Perez!(Fireworks can be heard in the background while the replay is being shown.) And this ballgame is over!(The giddy Hawk has a very high voice.) Timo came up smoking as he throws out Bret Boone at third!

DJ: (Now here comes the incoherent DJ speech that I love so much.)The bullet on the 3-2 change up, one hop to Timo with a cannon on the money, nailing Bret Boone. What a job! What a tag by Uribe to get over there and keep it on him!

So you like Timo, I gather? :cool:

ilsox7
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
DJ is a good baseball announcer. If he didn't have Hawk's egotisctical personality overshadowing him, he would show through much more. Just take a look at the Fox telecasts where it has been him and another announcer who didn't hog the waves. Much better.

I'm not gonna get into the whole DJ thing (as it's been done on this site), but he is just as awful on Fox as he is on a Sox telecast.

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
So you like Timo, I gather? :cool:

Like isn't the word. Love! I am obsessed with him. And believe it or not, I really don't want any teal in this post.

batmanZoSo
06-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Like isn't the word. Love! I am obsessed with him. And believe it or not, I really don't want any teal in this post.

:tealpolice:

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 12:58 AM
:tealpolice:

Haha!

I believe that Timo is a great player and can put up very good numbers. Believe it or not, I don't want any teal or any deep pink in this thread.

I guess you can say that Timo is my idol.

Simply put, I love Timo.

Foulke You
06-24-2005, 01:04 AM
I like Timo, he is a good utility outfielder and bench guy to have on a playoff team. It shows you how deep this team is when Timo is your 5th outfielder behind Dye, Podsednik, Rowand, and Everett. Timo is probably good enough to be a starter on some of the bottom teams in the league.

Mercy!
06-24-2005, 01:15 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/PollyannaRoe/DarrinJackson_Seibu.jpg

"Uh-oh" is so goofy/bad/inappropriate for home team calls that it is GOOD. Admit it, folks, don't you find yourself saying it out loud from time to time now? Kind of like a bad tune you can't get out of your head.

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 01:19 AM
I like Timo, he is a good utility outfielder and bench guy to have on a playoff team. It shows you how deep this team is when Timo is your 5th outfielder behind Dye, Podsednik, Rowand, and Everett. Timo is probably good enough to be a starter on some of the bottom teams in the league.

I like you. You are good in my book. A friend of Timo is a friend of mine.:smile:

ShoelessJoeS
06-24-2005, 01:51 AM
i read the title of this thread and just started cracking up...but on a serious note, in regards to the best DJ call, i would definitely have to say "uh oh"
(no teal necessary)

:cool:

The Dude
06-24-2005, 02:24 AM
is there a such thing as a best DJ call????

DaleJRFan
06-24-2005, 02:34 AM
is there a such thing as a best DJ call????

:DJ

"Today's game will be my last Chicago White Sox broadcast."

...should that be in deep pink???

mccoydp
06-24-2005, 07:19 AM

:hawk

"C'MON TIMO!"

Tekijawa
06-24-2005, 08:36 AM
my favorite was when rowand was up to bat in a game last season w/ a man on third, and DJ says, " I will eat this piece of paper if he bring int his run". And sure enough; rowand drove him in.

I loved that one! Then he didn't talk for most of the rest of the game...

gobears1987
06-24-2005, 08:40 AM
The best DJ call was "GAME!" remember that walkoff Crede HR against the Tigers off of Ugeth Urbina?

I also liked this year when Royce the Choice held the ball, DJ complained that it shouldn't be a Fielder's choice because Royce didn't choose to do anything. I was laughing my ass off on that one.

Cowhead418
06-24-2005, 09:58 AM

I was at that game. I missed the eephus because I looked away for a few seconds and missed it. I went with a friend and for some reason we had to leave early so we missed the entire 9th inning and completely missed the best part. When I got home and heard that I missed Timo's throw and the electricity of the crowd after the game I was fuming. I think there was also fireworks after the game that we missed.:angry:

The Dude
06-24-2005, 10:18 AM

Close, but incorrect

"This is an easy RBI situation for Aaron with one out and a man on third."

"DJ there is no such thing as an easy RBI."

"I'm so confident that he'll get this RBI that if he doesnt......I'll eat this piece of paper."

(Aaron does not get the job done)

"Mmmmmmm crunchy"

Baby Fisk
06-24-2005, 10:22 AM
"I'd like to welcome my new partner to the booth, taking over for Darrin Jackson: Black Jack McDowell. Welcome Black Jack!"

Brian26
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I enjoyed DJ and Don Pall touching their World Series rings together about a month ago...

DJ: "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!"

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 12:58 PM

"C'MON TIMO!"

Haha! Best call ever!

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I was at that game. I missed the eephus because I looked away for a few seconds and missed it. I went with a friend and for some reason we had to leave early so we missed the entire 9th inning and completely missed the best part. When I got home and heard that I missed Timo's throw and the electricity of the crowd after the game I was fuming. I think there was also fireworks after the game that we missed.:angry:

At least you saw Timo's homer! I think Konerko homered too. It was a great game.

mccoydp
06-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Haha! Best call ever!

I mean, really, I love listening to this guy on T.V....especially when the Sox win after mounting a comeback, or when he makes an emotional homerun call (i.e. A.J. vs. the Dodgers)...the excitement in his voice makes for great game watching, especially with a beer or two.:D:

But the "C'MON TIMO" and the homerun call after A.J.'s shot are both just really awesome.

Rocklive99
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
haha, comcast used the big 'uhohhhhh' call during their cubs/sox promo

TimoPerez
06-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I mean, really, I love listening to this guy on T.V....especially when the Sox win after mounting a comeback, or when he makes an emotional homerun call (i.e. A.J. vs. the Dodgers)...the excitement in his voice makes for great game watching, especially with a beer or two.:D:

But the "C'MON TIMO" and the homerun call after A.J.'s shot are both just really awesome.

A lot of people talk about how announcers are supposed to be unbiased. I love hearing Hawk and DJ cheering for the Sox.

bennyw41
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM

God Bless you for that. I agree 100 Percent

dranny32
06-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Another classic dj call was in toronto when hawk wasnt there. Uribe hti a homerun in the first inning and dj says, " offense. instant"

jake27
06-25-2005, 07:48 AM
i dont know why, but i love his "uh oh!" call.

MIgrenade
06-25-2005, 11:09 AM
I enjoyed DJ and Don Pall touching their World Series rings together about a month ago...

DJ: "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!"

THAT'S HILARIOUS!

Other calls:
Hawk: You can put it on the board...YES!
DJ: YEAAAAAAA! (As heard on the Score all the time)

In Toronto Everett hit a homer...I think it was Everett anyway
DJ: Offense...instant.

He can be good but his homerun calls are awful. I like him though pitch to pitch when he can actually hold a conversation about something with his color man. Something Hawk hasn't been able to do with DJ.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Awsome Call=Aj homer in the bottom of the ninth against the dodgers
Scroll down to June 18 LAD @ CWS
Hilarious Call by Hawk
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws
Another funny hawk call is Iguchi's diving stop June 21st Against the Royals. "As..theres a base hit..GET HIM! Mercy! What a good play!"

Soxzilla
06-25-2005, 11:42 AM

"Are you hornin' me!?"

Rich McKinney
06-25-2005, 01:33 PM
My favorite DJ moment came a few years ago when the mediocre Sox were heading out on a West Coast swing....The coversation went something like this...

Hawk: The Sox will leave to Anaheim and then Oakland, the two teams that beat us 7 of 8 times in Chicago last month..
DJ: Yep, but I have a feeling it will be different this time.
Hawk: Oh yeah..Why is that?
DJ: I don't know. I just do.

I remember laughing at that and then on a Score update the next day, the announcer doing the update said: The Sox beat (whoever) last nite, a game that featured this dialogue between Hawk and DJ...Then he played the clip.

DJ just needs to relax and not feel that he has to quip in on every single play. Harry Caray used to tell Jimmy Piersall not to say anything if he didn't have anything to say. These color commentators talk too much, like DJ.

spongyfungy
06-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Uh-oh
(http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejmoon83/uh-ohcall.mp3)

Ozuna38
06-25-2005, 07:30 PM
DJ: "If Aaron knocks this run home, I will eat this peice of paper."
...Sure enough, Rowand singles the run home, DJ eats a peice of paper!

And nothing can beat the classic "DJ Bobblehead impression"