PDA

View Full Version : Green seats: whats the deal?

ihatethecubs
06-24-2005, 12:44 AM
i know this is a totally pointless and lame topic considering we're the best team in baseball, but im sure everyone has noticed they've barely installed any of the precious green seats we screamed and cried for. theres just a few around the scout seat section. i thought there would be multiple sections finished after every road trip, but they have hardly begun and we're almost half way through the season. are they really that hard to install or do they take a really long time to be manufactured? does anyone know what the deal is?

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah! I want my green seats dagnabbit!

TheOldRoman
06-24-2005, 12:48 AM
They are running really behind on the restaraunt for the scout seats patrons. Brooks said they didnt like the original design, and the second design would cost too much, so they had to do something different. Brooks said the restaraunt might not be done until next year. That is certainly a higher priority than the seats. As for the seats, they have to do more than just remove the old and put in the green ones. They have to do structural tests to make sure everything is still in order. I dont know if they will put any more seats in this year, but I hope they at least do the entire outfield.

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 12:51 AM
There were supposed to be doing sections at a time during road trips. I would think whatever inspection were necessary would have already been factored in.

Something tells me they'll be done before the playoffs. Gotta look pretty in the playoffs on national TV

batmanZoSo
06-24-2005, 12:52 AM
I've always been a FOGS, but now that summer's here and the way this team is playing, we won't be seeing much of any seats, especially in the outfield area.

ilsox7
06-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I thought they had said green seats would not be totally installed until next year's opening day.

batmanZoSo
06-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I thought they had said green seats would not be totally installed until next year's opening day.

Yes but they were supposed to work on them gradually during the season as well. Probably just for good measures, because they could easily do it all in the offseason.

Foulke You
06-24-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm getting the impression that the Sox are not going to put the rest of the green seats in until Opening Day '06. They seem to like to hype up a new feature in the park every year and the green seats and the restaurant will be the new improvements they can hype for next year. I have to admit, I'm a FOGS as well and kind've disappointed that most of the park is still blue. However, call me superstitious, but the team is playing so good, perhaps the blue seats are lucky for us.:D:

The Wall
06-24-2005, 02:13 AM
I thought the green seats were not up to the mark and they had to redo them which is why its being delayed. Also, the initial timeline for the project was to have all seats green by next year's opening day which is still possible if the new seat designs are OK with everyone.

ShoelessJoeS
06-24-2005, 02:40 AM
I've always been a FOGS, but now that summer's here and the way this team is playing, we won't be seeing much of any seats, especially in the outfield area.
couldnt have said it better myself :cool:

pmck003
06-24-2005, 04:22 AM
i know this is a totally pointless and lame topic considering we're the best team in baseball, but im sure everyone has noticed they've barely installed any of the precious green seats we screamed and cried for. theres just a few around the scout seat section. i thought there would be multiple sections finished after every road trip, but they have hardly begun and we're almost half way through the season. are they really that hard to install or do they take a really long time to be manufactured? does anyone know what the deal is?

:roflmao::roflmao:thats gotta be the funniest sig I've seen

steff
06-24-2005, 08:29 AM
They said at Soxfest that they would be installed in the offseason..

Although, I am curious.. what would being behind on the scout resturant have to do with installing the seats....?

Frank the Tank
06-24-2005, 08:55 AM
There were supposed to be doing sections at a time during road trips. I would think whatever inspection were necessary would have already been factored in.

Something tells me they'll be done before the playoffs. Gotta look pretty in the playoffs on national TV

If we sell out all home playoff games no one will know what color the seats are anyway.

mike squires
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
If we sell out all home playoff games no one will know what color the seats are anyway.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

mweflen
06-24-2005, 10:39 AM
i'm glad they're dragging their feet. I'm a FOBS :tongue:

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 10:46 AM

People do get out of their seats from time to time.

hose
06-24-2005, 12:56 PM

A c-note to the city inspector should move the process along.:rolleyes: