PDA

View Full Version : Buster Olney said Podsednik is "most disruptive basestealer"

ChiSox14305635
06-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Finally, an ESPN commentator with a clue (besides Kurjikan)

His top 5:

Posednik

Ichiro

Figgins

Reyes

He named one more, but I forgot who it was.

doublem23
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
I thought it's not good for guys to steal unless they get caught once every 20 times. :rolleyes:

santo=dorf
06-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Finally, an ESPN commentator with a clue (besides Kurjikan)
Not Buster.

This Chump ranked the Sox 23rd before the season started, and admitted that there is an East Coast bias while he was on "Cold Pizza."

He also recommended the Padres trade for a third baseman and said Crede was a possibility. :?:

FarWestChicago
06-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Finally, an ESPN commentator with a clue (besides Kurjikan)Buster Olney, like 99.9% of all the employees at the bastard child of The National Enquirer and MTV known as ESPN, is a complete idiot. The fact he's noticed Pods is leading the known universe in steals qualifies as a "No **** Sherlock" observation, not as a clue.

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
How is anyone more disruptive than Podsednik?

faneidde
06-24-2005, 06:43 AM
admitted that there is an East Coast bias while he was on "Cold Pizza."

Are you saying there isn't an east coast bias? C'mon, half of Sportscenter the other day was about the Yankmes beating the D-Rays.

Realist
06-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Outside of the Web Gems, I see no reason to watch their crap.

thepaulbowski
06-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Outside of the Web Gems, I see no reason to watch their crap.

One more reason is for the scrolling scores on the bottom when you missed the game. :cool:

nedlug
06-24-2005, 08:12 AM
How is anyone more disruptive than Podsednik?

Ichiro is pretty damn fast too, and it seems (I don't have stats, of course) that he gets on base more regularly. Even though Pods runs the bases better (b/c he has more steals), the threat for Ichiro to steal is still there.

I still think Pods is #1, just gotta give Ichiro his props.

Jurr
06-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Buster Olney, like 99.9% of all the employees at the bastard child of The National Enquirer and MTV known as ESPN, is a complete idiot. The fact he's noticed Pods is leading the known universe in steals qualifies as a "No **** Sherlock" observation, not as a clue.
What happened is he probably FINALLY flipped the tube on to ESPN during the Dodgers game Sunday night. He saw Pods on base and looked down at the stats. "Hmmmmmmmm...." says little Buster, "This guy is pretty 'disruptive'. I'm going to compare him to the other leaders in stolen bases."

poppycock.

daveeym
06-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Who's got the welcome to last week sign?

Tragg
06-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Pods needs to get his OBP up; easy for me to say, I know. As is, though, it's an immense improvement over what we've had. But higher would be better !

Iguchi at about .350 right behind him is pretty nice too.

fquaye149
06-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Ichiro is pretty damn fast too, and it seems (I don't have stats, of course) that he gets on base more regularly. Even though Pods runs the bases better (b/c he has more steals), the threat for Ichiro to steal is still there.

I still think Pods is #1, just gotta give Ichiro his props.

Ichiro's a great hitter, but even when he's hitting .350 his OBP is comparable to Scottie's because he doesn't walk much

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 09:58 AM
I watched Ichiro for several years while I was in Seattle. He is scary fast. He has the ugliest swing I've ever seen. You watch him and it defies logic that he makes any contact at all. But then he hits well above .300, it's bizarre. He'll go through spurts where he'll make solid contact and get a lot of extra base hits. But even when he "slumps" and makes weak contact, he has the speed to beat out weak grounders in the infield. He does this consistently.

In a footrace I think Ichiro beats Pods. Ichiro also has a canon for an arm. The thought of Pods and Ichiro hitting 1-2 is awesome. I doubt Seattle would ever trade him before his contract year. He's the Frank Thomas to fans of the M's.

Note: I'm not saying the Sox should try for him. I'm sure I'd be unwilling to part with what it would take to get him. I'm just imagining the Pods and Ichiro would be a lot of fun to watch on the same team.