PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the cutouts?!

guillen4life13
06-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Maybe this has already been said already, but why haven't the Sox worn the cutout jerseys this year?

If they have, then you can delete this thread because they probably wore it when I had to work (I work nights, so I don't get to see the games anymore).

I like the cutouts a lot.

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe this has already been said already, but why haven't the Sox worn the cutout jerseys this year?

If they have, then you can delete this thread because they probably wore it when I had to work (I work nights, so I don't get to see the games anymore).

I like the cutouts a lot.

I can't seem to recall them wearing them this year, either. I think the sleeveless is one uniform too many. We have three beside those, we should keep it simple and classic. I think the Pirates and Reds are better suited for those because they had them in the 60s I wanna say. I don't recall a White Sox team wearing them before the 99 season when they were introduced, though I could be wrong. Either way, I vote nay on them.

The Critic
06-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Well, Big Klu made his jersey sleeveless back in the day, so the Sox have some history with sleeveless jerseys....:D:

I like the vests. I'd prefer the vests worn as an alternate home jersey, and the black jerseys as an alternate road jersey.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, Big Klu made his jersey sleeveless back in the day, so the Sox have some history with sleeveless jerseys....:D:

I like the vests. I'd prefer the vests worn as an alternate home jersey, and the black jerseys as an alternate road jersey.

I concur. Love the sleeveless at home as an alternate - the blacks should be a road uni.

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 09:29 PM

That was just to show off the guns, not another team color. That was cool, I'd be in favor of a few of our power hitters doing it, but MLB would never allow it anymore.

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 09:38 PM
We have teal to show when we are kidding, but what color is total sarcasm?

Sarcasm-------> "No ****? I did not know that."

doublem23
06-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Teal is sarcasm.

I agree, I like the sleeveless jerseys with a black undershirt a lot, too. I don't think it's too many because it's essentially the home pinstripes, just sans sleeves. I wouldn't be in favor of a brand new jersey just so we could have vests... Anyway, if they do bring them back, only wear them maybe once a homestand at best... Maybe just only Sundays. Not a look to be overdone when our uniforms are already so perfect.

SOXfnNlansing
06-23-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't like the sleeveless top mainly because it was Deon Sander's idea to go with that uniform when he was with the reds. Being reminded by Deon since he was a 49'er and I'm a huge Bear fan, I can't stand those uniforms.

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 09:59 PM
"Missed it by that much"

This is The Year
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
the sleeveless ones i think are the best jerseys they have...except those '59 jerseys were pretty cool too

TheOldRoman
06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Teal is sarcasm.

I agree, I like the sleeveless jerseys with a black undershirt a lot, too. I don't think it's too many because it's essentially the home pinstripes, just sans sleeves. I wouldn't be in favor of a brand new jersey just so we could have vests... Anyway, if they do bring them back, only wear them maybe once a homestand at best... Maybe just only Sundays. Not a look to be overdone when our uniforms are already so perfect.
How about this?
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2827
They could wear it only on Sundays, which should be Nothing but Nancy days. This jersey pays tribute to the 1969 home jerseys. Its very simple, but very classy, like the Tigers' home jerseys.

TheOldRoman
06-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't like the sleeveless top mainly because it was Deon Sander's idea to go with that uniform when he was with the reds. Being reminded by Deon since he was a 49'er and I'm a huge Bear fan, I can't stand those uniforms.
Not actually. Since 1992, the Reds have worn sleevless home vests. In 1997, Deion started wearing the sleeves on his road jersey (which at the time were not vests) at half length as a tribute to Jackie Robinson. MLB stepped in and said all teammates needed the same length sleeves, so the entire team decided to shorten the sleeves. They weren't sleeveless, they were half sleeves.

doublem23
06-24-2005, 03:44 AM
How about this?
They could wear it only on Sundays, which should be Nothing but Nancy days. This jersey pays tribute to the 1969 home jerseys. Its very simple, but very classy, like the Tigers' home jerseys.

Nah, I personally like the Sox in pinstripes. While it's not bad, I do love the pinstriped vest look... it's original and very White Sox.

Realist
06-24-2005, 06:50 AM
I believe that the White Sox starting pitcher during home games decides which jerseys are worn. If none of 'em like the vests, we ain't gonna see 'em.

The Critic
06-24-2005, 07:05 AM
How about this?

I like that a LOT, since the '69 uniform was my all-time favorite Sox uni.
I'd even like to have them go back to blue if they went to that style, but I realize they're not going to ditch the silver/black/white color combo any time soon. It's too sharp and versatile.

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
I not a fan of the SLEEVELESS look, but man, when the SOX started
wearing them, they looked Excellent. Im a Big Fan of the Sleeveless
look for the whitesox. In fact, im going to own one very soon as soon
as Grandstand has my size

nlentz88
06-24-2005, 01:57 PM
I don't like the vests one bit. Vests should only be worn if: you're wearing a tuxedo, you're a member of a barbershop quartet, you're a monkey who dances to the music of a grind-box, etc.

I would be very happy if the Sox never wore the vests again. I love every other uni the Sox currently wear, with only this one exception.

guillen4life13
06-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Someone with some power must have read this thread.

NonetheLoaiza
06-25-2005, 08:36 PM
And they should never be worn again.

Stroker Ace
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I concur. Love the sleeveless at home as an alternate - the blacks should be a road uni.I agree. If I had to choose, I would take the vest over the black jersey.

batmanZoSo
06-25-2005, 11:18 PM
God those sleeveless uniforms are terrible. Today reminded me of that.

White, grey and black tops occasionally. That's all we need.

White Sox Josh
06-26-2005, 12:00 AM
God those sleeveless uniforms are terrible. Today reminded me of that.

White, grey and black tops occasionally. That's all we need.:hawk
I Luuv the Vest Uniforms.

Blob
06-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I love the vests. I am going to buy one as soon as I have some extra cash. But, this time I'm not putting any players name on it unless they are already retired.

3 years ago I bought a black alternate jersey and put they money grubbin, bad colon, no knee jerks name on it. That's $160 down the drain! I can never wear that jersey again!

TomBradley72
06-26-2005, 09:57 AM
The vests should be replaced with the 1976-1981 all white home unis as an alternate home uniform.