PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie has been SNUBBED!!!

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2005, 05:43 PM
I was talking to my boyfriend last night, and he told me that Francona will select Macha (Oakland) and Trammell (Detroit) as the two managers to join him as bench coaches for the All Star Game. I could see chosing Trammell, since it's gonna be played at his home ballpark; however, what on Earth has Oakland done to merit sending its manager to the All Star Game?

This is Reason # 22923538352383924 why the All Star Game is a traveshamockery!

TaylorStSox
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Ozzie asked not to be selected. He's gaining citizenship that weekend.

reason 2075-12385712-3485 to do research.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
i think it would rock if the chisox walked out on the a.g.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-23-2005, 05:47 PM

It's a matter of principle, Francona should still ask Ozzie, so he can politely decline.

Congrats to Ozzie on gaining citizenship.

ilsox7
06-23-2005, 05:48 PM

Tell me about it. It's been public info for weeks now.

CHISOXFAN13
06-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Even if Ozzie didn't have an prior committment, it's not like Francona has an obligation to take him.

Hell, LaRussa took Yost and Alou.

Unregistered
06-23-2005, 05:55 PM
:cool: Ozzie asked not to be selected. He's gaining citizenship that weekend.

reason 2075-12385712-3485 to do research.Francona also said this:

"Picking the two coaches was a no-brainer," Francona said. "I coached Detroit in Tram's last year as a player. The guy's an All-Star shortstop, a Hall of Fame candidate and it's his home ballpark. It's a natural.
"Mach hired me as his bench coach in Oakland and that sort of re-energized my career. He was generous with his knowledge about managing and being with him in Oakland gave me the itch to manage again. I wanted to honor him and thank him for all he did."

Yeah, what a douchebag. :rolleyes:

Jesus, Ozzie doesn't even want his players IN this game, cause he's trying to win a Championship here and doesn't want them wasting anything for this exhibition game. He certainly doesn't give a crap - neither should we.

And why would Ozzie even DESERVE to be an all-star "assistant" manager? Let's wait until next year when Ozzie gets to pick who HIS assistants are. :cool:

NonetheLoaiza
06-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Even if Ozzie wasn't gaining citizenship that weekend, I don't think Francona is necessarily snubbing Ozzie. I mean, he is thanking Macha for helping him out, and it is Trammell's park. How much can coaches do during the game anyways? I don't think there is much wrong with who Francona picked.

StockdaleForVeep
06-23-2005, 06:40 PM
This doesnt bother me, the managers from the world series always decide who gets to come who the fans dont vote for.

When ozzie gets to the world series, he can pick his buddies for the a.g

wsbaseball9
06-23-2005, 06:43 PM
\
When ozzie gets to the world series, he can pick his buddies for the a.g

well said

SoxFanSince67
06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Next year, Ozzie can be the one who does the snubbing!

RedPinStripes
06-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Next year, Ozzie can be the one who does the snubbing!

Exactly. The only time i will care about Ozzie coaching the a.g. is when he's managing the game.:bandance:

Rocklive99
06-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Macha, ***? On that ESPN poll posted here a while back, I put him way low on the ranking. Does the ASG still 'count' this year, with this retarded decision by Francona, I'm a little worries about the reserves

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Macha, ***? On that ESPN poll posted here a while back, I put him way low on the ranking. Does the ASG still 'count' this year, with this retarded decision by Francona, I'm a little worries about the reserves

No kidding! If you're going to chose managers from other teams, it's ok to chose the home team's manager, but after that, you go with a Mazzilli (Baltimore), Showalter (Texas), or a manager from a team that's actually been decent!

Optipessimism
06-23-2005, 10:49 PM
No kidding! If you're going to chose managers from other teams, it's ok to chose the home team's manager, but after that, you go with a Mazzilli (Baltimore), Showalter (Texas), or a manager from a team that's actually been decent!

I'd like to see Ozzie pick Showalter as an assistant coach in an anll star game. He could let him fill out the lineup card and then send him on coffee runs mid-game.

ode to veeck
06-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Exactly. The only time i will care about Ozzie coaching the a.g. is when he's managing the game.

next year would be nice

PicktoCLick72
06-24-2005, 01:11 AM
:whocares (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

There are plenty more important things to worry about than if Ozzie is coaching at the ALl-Star game. He will get his recognition when he win Manager of the year. No coach is ever defined by how many All-Star games he was assistant coach in.

wdelaney72
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
I'd like to see Ozzie pick Showalter as an assistant coach in an anll star game. He could let him fill out the lineup card and then send him on coffee runs mid-game.

My vote for post of the week.

ROTFLMAO!

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 08:49 AM
It's a matter of principle, Francona should still ask Ozzie, so he can politely decline.

Congrats to Ozzie on gaining citizenship.

I believe he asked him .....off the record...... but Ozzie said Thanks,
but hes got personal biz to take care of. He also said he STRONGLY SUGGESTED that Buehrle AND Garland get selected to the AS Game.

ewokpelts
06-24-2005, 09:53 AM
yeah...ozzie wants to become a us citizen......

Gene

soxfanreggie
06-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Does the All-Star game winnining side still get to be home team in the WS. If so, we should hope our players play, because we are the best team in baseball. It would show that we don't care or we think players who aren't as good as some of the Sox can do our job for us. I mean, you can't have it both ways IF the All-Star game gives you home field for the Series.

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Does the All-Star game winnining side still get to be home team in the WS. If so, we should hope our players play, because we are the best team in baseball. It would show that we don't care or we think players who aren't as good as some of the Sox can do our job for us. I mean, you can't have it both ways IF the All-Star game gives you home field for the Series.

Yes, but I'm not very worried about losing to the NL.