PDA

View Full Version : Jurko says, "Cubs will sweep"

Erik The Red
06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Haha, he's been going on and on saying this for the past hour or more.

The sCrUBS just split with MILWAUKEE, how can they expect to sweep the best team in baseball?

:rolling:

White Sox Josh
06-23-2005, 06:06 PM

The sCrUBS just split with MILWAUKEE, how can they expect to sweep the best team in baseball?

:rolling::whocares

Fredsox
06-23-2005, 06:07 PM
My guess would be that his mother ignored him as a child so he craves attention.

chitownhawkfan
06-23-2005, 06:09 PM
He is the fourth best member of a three man radio show, he sucks and so do the Scrubs, we will see what he says on Monday's show

:andy

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2005, 06:09 PM
i think jurko meant to say it in deep pink

DumpJerry
06-23-2005, 06:21 PM
:bong:

Put it down, Jurko...........

elrod
06-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Just bitter they lost the Sox to the Score.

CHISOXFAN13
06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
He's a Cubs fan, so what do you expect him to say?

I'm a Sox fan, and I think we are going to sweep them.

Can't he have an opinion without it being because he's bitter or dumb?

SoxSpeed22
06-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Can't he have an opinion without it being because he's bitter or dumb?I thought Harry was the Cubs fan. In either case.
:roflmao::rolling::roflmao::rolling::booty:

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 07:13 PM
...no :D:

fquaye149
06-23-2005, 07:15 PM

my opinion is jurko's a moron.

is my opinion valid?

...actually come to think of it, more valid than his opinion :)

but honestly, when you start saying "he's allowed to have his opinion" you enter a third circle of idiocy.

EVERYTHING IS AN OPINION... I won't get into the atrocities throughout history that could be considered opinions, because I like my WSI membership, but

GEEZ. Let's all group hug because everyone's opinion is soooo special and soooo valid.

NonetheLoaiza
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Just bitter they lost the Sox to the Score.

Exactly. They are just upset that they lost the Sox, and now it seems the tone of the station regarding the Sox has changed a bit, at least from MJH. I was listening today for a little while, and the attitude seemed negative.

RedPinStripes
06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
This is what happens on radio when you run out of things to say.

Get FONC
06-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Jurko should stick to football

TornLabrum
06-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Jurko is also the one who said that yesterday's Nancy Faust tribute was the equivalent of the gold watch before being shown the door. Jurko is an idiot, and I've quit listening to the show.

He gone
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
I thought Harry was the Cubs fan. Jurko is the Cubs fan. Mac's the Sox fan and Harry's both, but he leans more to the Cubs.

There won't be any Cub fans with a broom come Sunday :bandance:

Hitmen77
06-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Anything is possible - even a Cubs sweep. But, I can't think of any reason that would lead someone to predict such a thing will happen or is even likely to happen.

I guess he wants to throw a bone to his fellow Cub fans.

Viva Medias B's
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Jurko is a dope who brings nothing to the table. In fact, he is the reason I seldom listen to MJH. In addition to Jurko boasting a Cubs sweep, those three morons were taking pot shots at B&B's 1500th show with a "1030th MJH" theme. I already said my peace about Jurko. I think McNeil, while a Sox fan, is otherwise a mope who only cares about football. And Teinowitz just annoys the hell out of the entire planet, let alone me.

Brian26
06-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Jurko is also the one who said that yesterday's Nancy Faust tribute was the equivalent of the gold watch before being shown the door. Jurko is an idiot, and I've quit listening to the show.

Gospel.

I quit listening when Mac said he was "getting itchy for training camp in Bourbonais". Give me a break.

DrCrawdad
06-23-2005, 11:35 PM

Jerko's original prediction was that the Cubbies would sweep the Brewers and then do the same to the Sox.

Jerko is a typical Cubbie fan. The Cubbies win a couple games and they talk about the Cubbies like they're a force that can't be stopped, when they return to losing they return to taking pot shots at the Sox and Sox fans.

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Garcia's a gamer...I don't think the Cubs will even get out of the first game with a win!

Nice Try, Jerko...YOU are the Tool of the Week.

Ol' No. 2
06-23-2005, 11:41 PM
This is what happens on radio when you run out of things to say.Which ocurred about 4 years ago.

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Gospel.

I quit listening when Mac said he was "getting itchy for training camp in Bourbonais". Give me a break.I've pointed out before in other threads that Mac is no baseball fan. He views baseball only as something to distract him slightly until football starts again. He always spends the summer counting down the time "until they're in pads."

He really thinks that his accomplishments as a high-school football player matter.

PatK
06-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Jurko is a complete tool. Although he's more of a Cubs fan and overly optimistic and unrealistic at times, at least Harry has somewhat of a knowledge of baseball.

Jurko just acts like an ass most of the time, and his annoying, tired cliche's (calling people "champ" and calling every thing a "bad boy") got old three years ago. He flip flops on everything, like yesterday when he said he wasn't complementing Harry on his baseball knowledge, that he was stating fact, then bitched at Harry for not being able to take a complement. It didn't seem as much as the usual Harry ribbing as it did him being an idiot.

Jurko predicted the Cubs to take 2 of three from the Yankees and that they would sweep the Brewers (where he said that they would put up at least 10 runs on Monday).

After this weekends predictions, I look forward to watching him meltdown on Monday.

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 10:32 AM
He is the fourth best member of a three man radio show, he sucks and so do the Scrubs, we will see what he says on Monday's show

YES, you are right about that. Mac is the leader and brains behind that group, Harry is very funny and a good compliment to Mac. Jurko just blends in .........

Hangar18
06-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Jerko's original prediction was that the Cubbies would sweep the Brewers and then do the same to the Sox.

Jerko is a typical Cubbie fan. The Cubbies win a couple games and they talk about the Cubbies like they're a force that can't be stopped, when they return to losing they return to taking pot shots at the Sox and Sox fans.

Yes, this is true too. Way too much "what-if" talk on the cubs on his part
and not enough talking about the SOX. Hes mildly entertaining though,
but mostly becuz of the other two.

Jerko
06-24-2005, 10:41 AM

People, it's JURKO. JURKO. Not Jerko. :o:

Uncle_Patrick
06-24-2005, 11:05 AM
I've pointed out before in other threads that Mac is no baseball fan. He views baseball only as something to distract him slightly until football starts again. He always spends the summer counting down the time "until they're in pads."

He really thinks that his accomplishments as a high-school football player matter.

Mac can be a real blowhard. I generally like that show but I get annoyed with all the "waiting for football" whining that he does during the baseball season.

I wouldn't take the stuff Jurko says so seriously. I heard him make that "Cubs sweep" prediction yesterday. I don't think he really believes that, even though he may want it to happen. It sounded to me like he was just saying it to me outrageous, like when he said that the Cubs were gonna put up 10 runs against the Brewers in the first game of that series. Besides, he's the least fan of baseball on that show. He's knows enough of what's happening in the league to contribute a few points to the conversation, but that's it. Like Mac, he's just counting the days until Bears training camp begins.

Anyway, who cares if Jurko says that the Cubs will sweep? Its not like his word is law. He's just another non-believer in the White Sox. He'll learn this weekend. I'm becoming more and more numb to all these mediots and their worthless opinions. I know what I believe and that's all that matters to me.

RKMeibalane
06-24-2005, 11:07 AM
:chunks

SOXPHILE
06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
One team has lost 7 of their last 10 games, and is going to play a team with the best record in baseball at their home park, and he predicts a sweep by the Cubs ?:?:

Jurko is a (Sing in Chris Farley voice from Tommy Boy): "Fat guy with a little brain....fat guy with a little brain.....

scottjanssens
06-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Jurko also predicted a sweep of the Brewers.

TornLabrum
06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Jurko also predicted a sweep of the Brewers.

Well, they swept the first two there!

mccoydp
06-24-2005, 01:21 PM
:chunks

Someone obviously was drinking too much...

Sweep the Sox this weekend? Is he crazy?

miker
06-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Miker predicts that he will no longer even think about listening to that afternoon show, and be better off for it.

Grobber33
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM

As most on this site know,,I am a Cub Fan also and I said on my own site that the Cubs would be lucky to win even one this weekend---and neither team has swept a series on the South Side since inter-league play started in 1997. Tthe Sox have won 2 of 3 in each series except 1999 when the Cubs got 2 of 3.
I also said before the first series at Wrigley last Month that the Cubs would be lucky to win more than one this time around since the Sox are one of the best comeback teams and the Cubs have the worst bullpen(I dont care what the stats say)in either league. Good combo for the Sox,bad for the Cubs.
As for my good friend Jurko,he's just stirring it up. I'm sure he never felt the Cubs could sweep this series.

RadioheadRocks
06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, so much for THAT prediction... :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
06-24-2005, 07:29 PM

It's a good thing that jackass is on vacation next week.
With their 12-2 win today,the White Sox have prevented any chance
the sCrUBbues had of a sweep. I'd like to tell him and Harry TinyNuts
where to insert their Bosch power tools and Bubba burgers,but this is
a family website.:(: :cuss: :cuss:

DrCrawdad
06-24-2005, 07:39 PM
As most on this site know,,I am a Cub Fan also and I said on my own site that the Cubs would be lucky to win even one this weekend---and neither team has swept a series on the South Side since inter-league play started in 1997. Tthe Sox have won 2 of 3 in each series except 1999 when the Cubs got 2 of 3.
I also said before the first series at Wrigley last Month that the Cubs would be lucky to win more than one this time around since the Sox are one of the best comeback teams and the Cubs have the worst bullpen(I dont care what the stats say)in either league. Good combo for the Sox,bad for the Cubs.
As for my good friend Jurko,he's just stirring it up. I'm sure he never felt the Cubs could sweep this series.

If the situation today were reversed, and the Cubbies won 12-2, and IF Grobber were still on the air, what would Grobber be saying...

http://www.networkirc.com/~grobber1/images/les1000sm.jpg
ROUT!

SOXPHILE
06-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Uhhh....12-2 ? Is it still possible for the Cubs to sweep ?

chuckn98229
06-25-2005, 01:38 AM
It is really obvious that these tools eat, drink, and pee cubbie blue kool-aid. How disgusting that the mediots in Chicago will not give due credit to the White Sox organization and what they have accomplished thus far this year. You can bet your life that if those vile cubs were the first to reach 50 wins they would all be moist and creaming all over themselves. There is no such thing as objective journalism these days. They all have a hidden agenda to promote.

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2005, 02:22 AM
People, it's JURKO. JURKO. Not Jerko. One is correct, the other is descriptive.

FarWestChicago
06-25-2005, 02:23 AM
One is correct, the other is descriptive.:rolling:

DrCrawdad
06-25-2005, 07:17 AM
One is correct, the other is descriptive.

That's right! I spelled it Jerko intentionally.