PDA

View Full Version : AP article on Sox and Cub fans...

kittle545feet
06-23-2005, 03:06 PM
I was going over the box score today on Yahoo and saw the head line for this article and thought I would see what they had to say. I should have known they would not come close to talking about the real divide between the teams fans. However, I like what Thomas had to say. I wish, for once, someone would ask me what the difference is between the fans, the teams, and the history of Sox and Cubs. I know could set them straight. They make mention of only drawing 24,500 to a Wednesday day game as compared to the 37,000 the Cubs drew last week. Personally, 24,500 seems about right considering we all have jobs and the "urinal" is packed with college kids and tourists who generally don't know crap about the team, it's just the place to be. Once again though, they talk about the "urinal" as a baseball shrine and a place to see. What a joke! Talk about the blind leading the blind. Anyway, here is the link..... http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-sportsshowcase&prov=ap&type=lgns:woo-wooEnough said.

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 03:12 PM
packed with college kids and tourists who generally don't know crap about the team

hey i take offense to that :angry:

irish rover
06-23-2005, 04:12 PM
wow another one about comparing the sox and coob attendance, what is that 10 now since the WSJ articel, just goes to show how lazy and inept the media is now a days. Just like hollywood that regurgitates the same old stories over and over again

Fenway
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM
talked about yesterday

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52623

slavko
06-23-2005, 07:35 PM
The cubs season is pretty much sold out. They're going to show a big number whether the team is good or bad. 24,500 for us on a weekday is a monster crowd, esp. considering our lousy record on those Thursday getaway day games the past few years.

FielderJones
06-23-2005, 08:52 PM
The one thing never mentioned in these lazy articles is that the Flubs are owned by
wait for it
a media company! A grandfathered monopoly media company with newpaper, radio, over the air television, and cable TV coverage 24/7 in one of the largest media markets in the country. A company that can market their team (actually their ballpark) with funny money among all their various media outlet departments.

Meanwhile, the Sox have to actually pay someone else real advertising dollars.

Gee, who has the advantage to shape public opinion here?