PDA

View Full Version : Mike Downey

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2005, 03:54 PM
If i spelled his name wrong i don't care, but did anyone see his little article on the front page of the trib sports section today? He made referrence to the sox as the soxxies! disgusting!!!! did this make anyone else mad?

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 03:56 PM
If i spelled his name wrong i don't care, but did anyone see his little article on the front page of the trib sports section today? He made referrence to the sox as the soxxies! disgusting!!!! did this make anyone else mad?

Soxxies? I've got a soxxie for him. It's got a brick inside.

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 03:59 PM
He made referrence to the sox as the soxxies! disgusting!!!! did this make anyone else mad?

:chunks

oh now i feel a lot better...what were you saying?

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
also did anyone notice the lack of coverage the "city series" is getting? usually the whole week before each series there's a bunch of hoopla in the paper. is this because the sox are dang hot? talk amongst yourselves please
http://blog.backupbrain.org/images/lindarichman.jpg

DumpJerry
06-23-2005, 04:18 PM
also did anyone notice the lack of coverage the "city series" is getting? usually the whole week before each series there's a bunch of hoopla in the paper. is this because the sox are dang hot? talk amongst yourselves please
http://blog.backupbrain.org/images/lindarichman.jpg
I was thinking the same thing. Last year, it was World War III or something like that. Today, it's just the next series for each team.

SOXSINCE'70
06-23-2005, 04:25 PM

I don't wish to cause physical harm to a Sox fan (Downey is,
believe it or not),but who the :cuss: are you calling Soxxies?!?!?

That is not a term associated wth the Sox.Palehose,South Siders,
CWS (box scores),South Side Hitmen (or Pitchmen,take your pick),
all are acceptable.BTW, I also frown on "Cutesy" nicknames
(A-Row,Podsie,etc.).The last thing I want to see the Sox become
is a cuddly sCrUBbie crew.The Sox are hard nosed,aggressive,
kick ass,take names later type of guys.They are not cute and
cuddly.:angry: :angry:

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM

Yes! What hasn't the brick done for mankind?

LauraJ14
06-23-2005, 04:30 PM

Did you read the whole article? He has some funny jabs at the Cubs!

jackbrohamer
06-23-2005, 04:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Last year, it was World War III or something like that. Today, it's just the next series for each team.

It'll become a much more "important" story in the Cubune if the Cubs win 2 or 3 of the games.

DumpJerry
06-23-2005, 04:38 PM
It'll become a much more "important" story in the Cubune if the Cubs win 2 or 3 of the games.
"If," the biggest word in the English language.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Did you read the whole article? He has some funny jabs at the Cubs!

yeah i read the whole thing, couldn't shake the nasty taste in my mouth i got from the very getgo

daveeym
06-23-2005, 05:01 PM
http://blog.backupbrain.org/images/lindarichman.jpg Overheard at the trib: SHHHHH, Mustn't...Draw...Attention...To....Best Team In Baseball and Their Nicer Stadium

slavko
06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
He's a Sox fan. Soxxies is his way of rubbing it in for cub lovers. It's sarcasm. When you write a column of 25 one-liners, you have to reach for humor a little bit. Good observations above on the lack of hype for the series.

Optipessimism
06-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Who cares if people call the Sox the Soxxies? If they come out to the park and support the team I really don't care what they call the Sox.

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Who cares if people call the Sox the Soxxies? If they come out to the park and support the team I really don't care what they call the Sox.If they're going to call them the Soxxies, I'd rather they stayed home.