PDA

View Full Version : Corey Patterson a leadoff hitter, don't make me laugh

JermaineDye05
06-23-2005, 01:44 PM
well yesterday patterson tells baker he's ready to leadoff so far not so successful, he was 0-5 last night with 2 strikes outs and now hes 0-2 today with 2 strike outs, lol cubs suck

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
well yesterday patterson tells baker he's ready to leadoff so far not so successful, he was 0-5 last night with 2 strikes outs and now hes 0-2 today with 2 strike outs, lol cubs suck
its always good to start the game out with a nice strikeout...garcia, contreras and jonny g are gonna have a field day :cool:

Ol' No. 2
06-23-2005, 01:58 PM
well yesterday patterson tells baker he's ready to leadoff so far not so successful, he was 0-5 last night with 2 strikes outs and now hes 0-2 today with 2 strike outs, lol cubs suckI'd always look for a guy averaging 1 SO per 4 AB for my leadoff hitter.

Edit: Not to mention that spiffy .301 OBP

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 02:07 PM
I'd always look for a guy averaging 1 SO per 4 AB for my leadoff hitter.

Edit: Not to mention that spiffy .301 OBP

the funny thing is that baker doesnt use teal!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

StillMissOzzie
06-23-2005, 02:23 PM
El Caballo the Cub Killa goes deep AGAIN!!! Score tied up 3-3!
3 HR's against the Pathetics in two games.

:caballo
"I wish I could bat against Cub pitching every day!"

SMO
:D:

maurice
06-23-2005, 02:24 PM
CLee continues his cub-killing ways, but why would anybody pitch to DLee? Is the thought of facing Jeromy "my mother can't spell" Burnitz really that intimidating?

maurice
06-23-2005, 02:25 PM
the funny thing is that baker doesnt use teal!

Baker is on record as saying that it's stupid to talk about OBP. :kukoo:

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Baker is on record as saying that it's stupid to talk about OBP. :kukoo:
i hope he stays in chicago as the cubs manager forever, he fits that team perfectly...i dont know about loveable but he sure is a loser!

MRKARNO
06-23-2005, 02:48 PM
"Leadoff man" Patterson has just struck out for his fourth time today, this time with a runner on third and one out

Ol' No. 2
06-23-2005, 02:48 PM
And their new leadoff hitter just managed a golden sombrero in only his second game at the top of the order. :rolling:

Mickster
06-23-2005, 02:51 PM
And their new leadoff hitter just managed a golden sombrero in only his second game at the top of the order. :rolling:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_279913.jpg
"You mean you're not supposed to swing from your heals trying to hit dingers in the leadoff spot???"

gf2020
06-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Cubs have blown two leads and look to be losers once again. They now trail in the top of the ninth 8 to six.

Ohman has been used in two consecutive games, so I'd imagine he'll be unavailable for tomorrow's game.

I would love to sweep them and bury them in their grave.

BTW, Patterson is now 0 for 9 as a leadoff hitter.

gf2020
06-23-2005, 03:53 PM
BTW, Patterson is now 0 for 9 as a leadoff hitter.

Make that 0 for 10.

jackbrohamer
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Make that 0 for 10.

What a bust-out. It is funny to me how often he strikes out on pitches way out of the strike zone.

irish rover
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM
well either he sucks(which I'don't believe) or he is sending a msg to the dude that he doesn't want to be lead off . Thus showing his immaturity and unwillingness to take one for the team, very selfish

PAPChiSox729
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
What a bust-out. It is funny to me how often he strikes out on pitches way out of the strike zone.

Well as long as he continues this tear during the Sox series, I'll be perfectly content with him leading off.

RallyBowl
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
:weewillie "I would rather have me in CF and leadoff than Cory Patterson." So would I, Willie, so would I.

ClaudelSleptHere
06-23-2005, 11:25 PM
well either he sucks(which I'don't believe) or he is sending a msg to the dude that he doesn't want to be lead off . Thus showing his immaturity and unwillingness to take one for the team, very selfish

He sucks...............believe it!

Rocklive99
06-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Not that I concern myself with them, since I dont really watch, but from the highlights and talk I have to sit through if I'm listening to sports radio, the funny thing is Dusty is letting Patterson, an unproven kid, run the whole situation. If he wanted him to leadoff, he should've just done it in the first place. If he tried it and it didn't work, then it's stupid to put him now to think that he's somehow had some revelation on how to hit. I think it's just him trying to suck up since he keeps getting booed, but I'd put this one on the coach. There was a big deal on Silvy and Carmen on how bad his numbers were in the 2 spot and how much better they were deeper in the order, and for the next week he was still in the 2 spot or something

ClaudelSleptHere
06-24-2005, 12:14 AM
I heard Patterson told Baker he thinks he's ready to hit in the three spot against the White Sox this weekend, so they should move Lee down in the lineup.

elrod
06-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Corey Patterson typifies what's wrong with the Cubs. Lots of hype and no production. Derrek Lee is the exception, of course, but the Cubs are filled with underachieving fools like Patterson.

shoota
06-24-2005, 03:41 AM

Patty cakes's quotes in the Tribune said he wants the move to the leadoff spot because he wants to work on stealing more bases. Does he not realize that he can steal bases from any spot in the lineup? :?:

I think the move was made because the whole city is seeing how successful the best leadoff hitter in the game, Scott Podsednik, is playing and how important he is to the best team in baseball.

The fact that Corey allegedly went to Baker asking to hit leadoff, and Baker granted his request, proves that Baker is a bad manager. Baker obviously thinks Patty Cakes is the best leadoff option since he obliged Corey's request. Since Baker waited for his player to tell him where he wants to bat, instead of the opposite, is just bad managing.

Baker has less control of his team than Ryne Sandberg had over his wife.

fquaye149
06-24-2005, 09:37 AM

um, buck rogers, he ASKED to leadoff. Put your money on "sucks"