PDA

View Full Version : Ladewski Column

Lip Man 1
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
You may enjoy reading this in the Southtown. Paul has a few well timed barbs towards the God-like Cub pitchers. (Much as Dan Jiggetts went off yesterday during Chicago Tribune Live on the subject of Garland vs. Cub pitchers...)

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/ladewski/x23-lad1.htm

Lip

maurice
06-23-2005, 11:56 AM
He also takes a shot at the Chicago media:
At least the media knows a good story when they smell one, right? Sorry, yours truly was the only local sports columnist who bothered to show up with the best pitcher on the mound for the best team in baseball.

cheeses_h_rice
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Pretty nice article, although I've had it up to here (top of my head) with articles that essentially say "The Sox won again, but in front of a crowd of only ____."

JB98
06-23-2005, 11:58 AM
You may enjoy reading this in the Southtown. Paul has a few well timed barbs towards the God-like Cub pitchers. (Much as Dan Jiggetts went off yesterday during Chicago Tribune Live on the subject of Garland vs. Cub pitchers...)

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/ladewski/x23-lad1.htm

Lip

Lip,

What did Jiggs say? I missed it.

Palehose13
06-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Pretty nice article, although I've had it up to here (top of my head) with articles that essentially say "The Sox won again, but in front of a crowd of only ____."

http://www.detnews.com/pix/2002/04/30/c01hankhill220

"Yeeep"

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
06-23-2005, 12:32 PM
"As we all know, Prior already has a spot reserved in the Hall of Fame"Can someone tell me how we all know that? Sure the guy is a good pitcher, and could be in the hall of fame if he can actually stay healthy. IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. With all of the health problems this guy has had, there is no way he could already have a spot in the Hall, he hasn't had enough playing time. Then again, he is on the beloved Flubs

White Sox Josh
06-23-2005, 12:35 PM
"As we all know, Prior already has a spot reserved in the Hall of Fame"Can someone tell me how we all know that? Sure the guy is a good pitcher, and could be in the hall of fame if he can actually stay healthy. IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. With all of the health problems this guy has had, there is no way he could already have a spot in the Hall, he hasn't had enough playing time. Then again, he is on the beloved Flubsis that what Jiggs said?

He gone
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM

Sox fans go to the game to SEE the game. They are not going to sit in the Nose-bleed section unless it's a really big game.

Cubs fans will seat behind a beam, just to say they were at the game. They are there for the atmosphere and the game is only an after thought. :rolleyes:

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
is that what Jiggs said?

I think it was Ladewski

ramorgan1
06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
"As we all know, Prior already has a spot reserved in the Hall of Fame"Can someone tell me how we all know that? Sure the guy is a good pitcher, and could be in the hall of fame if he can actually stay healthy. IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. With all of the health problems this guy has had, there is no way he could already have a spot in the Hall, he hasn't had enough playing time. Then again, he is on the beloved Flubs

i think Ladewski forgot to use teal

SOXPHILE
06-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Lip,

What did Jiggs say? I missed it.

It was pretty funny. He was going back & forth with Teddy Greenstein, saying how Carrie Woods is overrated, always hurt, hasn't ever won 20, or even 15 games, and still gets all this hype in Chicago. Basically, he was saying what we've been saying for years. Jigs was also pointing out that Garland in these past years was also winning 11-12 games, and fans and media were all over him, and he was pretty much accomplishing the same thing as Carrie. Tribune Teddy was getting a bit flustered, and didn't want to hear that.

mjharrison72
06-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the link... he's got it dead-on; Buehrle is very quietly on his way to being one of the great pitchers of our time.

cheeses_h_rice
06-23-2005, 01:10 PM

Wow. Your sarcasm meter broken?

:)

RallyBowl
06-23-2005, 01:11 PM
It was pretty funny. He was going back & forth with Teddy Greenstein, saying how Carrie Woods is overrated, always hurt, hasn't ever won 20, or even 15 games, and still gets all this hype in Chicago. Basically, he was saying what we've been saying for years. Jigs was also pointing out that Garland in these past years was also winning 11-12 games, and fans and media were all over him, and he was pretty much accomplishing the same thing as Carrie. Tribune Teddy was getting a bit flustered, and didn't want to hear that. I saw that. Props to Jiggets. Teddy Greenstein is joke. you could almost see his lips quivering at the suggestion that there is someone better than Wood. my favorite line- TG: kerry Wood throws 98 MPH. DJ: I dont, know, I guess I'm just looking at important things, like wins.

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Sox fans go to the game to SEE the game. They are not going to sit in the Nose-bleed section unless it's a really big game.

UD like Comiskey in general gets a bad rap. If your sitting around the plate you're a hell of a lot closer to the plate with a much better view of the infield than most of the seats in the LD.

jackbrohamer
06-23-2005, 01:29 PM

Paul Sullivan was the master of that unbiased reporting style when he covered the Sox.

MikeLove
06-23-2005, 01:31 PM
good article =)

Lip Man 1
06-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Jack:

Just FYI, a little birdie told me you may be seeing a lot of Sully again starting in 2006. :D:

I don't have an issue with Paul...at least I know he's a Sox fan from a Sox household.

Lip

Flight #24
06-24-2005, 09:14 AM
I saw that. Props to Jiggets. Teddy Greenstein is joke. you could almost see his lips quivering at the suggestion that there is someone better than Wood. my favorite line- TG: kerry Wood throws 98 MPH. DJ: I dont, know, I guess I'm just looking at important things, like wins.:roflmao::roflmao: