PDA

View Full Version : Garland Talks About Sox and Cubs Fans

RKMeibalane
06-23-2005, 12:49 PM
"More intense. You go over and watch the Cubs play and you see some of the fans it just seems like they're going there just for the experience. You come over here on the South Side you've got some diehard fans that are coming out for the game."

-- Jon Garland, when asked why he thought Sox fans were better than Cubs fans

skobabe8
06-23-2005, 12:50 PM
"More intense. You go over and watch the Cubs play and you see some of the fans it just seems like they're going there just for the experience. You come over here on the South Side you've got some diehard fans that are coming out for the game."

Fixed it.

Soxzilla
06-23-2005, 12:50 PM
I love it.

This definitey a new JG. A far cry from the whiner that wondered why he got his arse booed off the stage last year.

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 01:08 PM

True dat

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 01:24 PM
I love it.

This definitey a new JG. A far cry from the whiner that wondered why he got his arse booed off the stage last year.

He's come a long way. Tuesday Ozzie was booed for taking him out.

skottyj242
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
I saw that in the Red Eye this morning. When I saw that I was hoping they would ask Buehrle the same question. We all already know his answer but it would have been great to see it again.

mccoydp
06-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Garland's the man, as far as I'm concerned.:D:

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
He's come a long way. Tuesday Ozzie was booed for taking him out.

He shouldnt have got booed. Garland had just given up a run, he would have got the win even if he finished, but Ozzie wanted him to walk off the field and get a standing ovation, like the one he got.

Rocklive99
06-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Yes, I love JG, he was defending Sox fans on ESPNEWS Hotlist during an interview when they decided to play the attendance game when it was freezing out against the Royals, he knows what's going on in this city

Sxy Mofo
06-23-2005, 01:43 PM
He shouldnt have got booed. Garland had just given up a run, he would have got the win even if he finished, but Ozzie wanted him to walk off the field and get a standing ovation, like the one he got.

The booing was a sign of respect for the pitcher and his performance. That's all it is. Nothing negative towards guillen.

FoulkeFan
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
The booing was a sign of respect for the pitcher and his performance. That's all it is. Nothing negative towards guillen.

Exactly. Did you see Ozzie's press conference after the game? He booed himself for taking Garland out!