PDA

View Full Version : Any idea if tickets will be released this weekend?

OzzieBall
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Just found out I dont have to work Sunday and was looking for a single for Sunday's game. Will they release seats Sunday? Does anyone have an extra or two for the game?

I am undeafeted this year, so I may bring good luck?

Thanks, and moderators if this is posted on the wrong board please let me know.

Will

Rocky Soprano
06-23-2005, 11:53 AM
All games are sold out.

CHISOXFAN13
06-23-2005, 11:56 AM
All games are sold out.

Not so fast, my friend. I just picked up a single at the box office in section 107 for tomorrow's game, and there are also single seats available for at least Sunday.

Rocky Soprano
06-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Not so fast, my friend. I just picked up a single at the box office in section 107 for tomorrow's game, and there are also single seats available for at least Sunday.

Really?

Since when did they start selling singles?

Ol' No. 2
06-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Not so fast, my friend. I just picked up a single at the box office in section 107 for tomorrow's game, and there are also single seats available for at least Sunday.They always hold back some seats for potential VIP's or for players to leave for friends/family. When these aren't used, they will get released - usually 24 hr before game time. I'd check back later this afternoon.

CHISOXFAN13
06-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Really?

Since when did they start selling singles?

I drove by the ballpark this morning on my way to work and saw an unusually long line for an off-day at the box office. Figured I'd stop by and see if they had released some.

Lucky enough I was able to pick up a seat to tomorrow's game and overheard the person in front of me pick up four scattered seats to Sunday's contest.

Rocky Soprano
06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I drove by the ballpark this morning on my way to work and saw an unusually long line for an off-day at the box office. Figured I'd stop by and see if they had released some.

Lucky enough I was able to pick up a seat to tomorrow's game and overheard the person in front of me pick up four scattered seats to Sunday's contest.

Wow, Thanks for the info. I might have my bro stop by.

Mostly Sox fans in line? Could you tell?

CHISOXFAN13
06-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Wow, Thanks for the info. I might have my bro stop by.

Mostly Sox fans in line? Could you tell?

Hey no problem. I was ecstatic to say the least.

Hard to tell, but several people were buying tickets for future games as well, so I'm assuming most were Sox fans.

OzzieBall
06-23-2005, 12:07 PM
I will try and get over there, but I think it will be close to impossible.

Anyone got a single for Sunday?

Ol' No. 2
06-23-2005, 12:12 PM

Anyone got a single for Sunday?You can try Ticketmaster, too. IIRC, a lot of people scored late releases when the Sox played in Wiggley Field last month.

BigNDfan
06-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, I called the ticket office to ask if they had released any tickets for tomorrow's game. The answer was "They have not and they won't." The answer was also "no" when I asked if there were any single tickets available.
Of course, the lady could be lying or have no clue.

maurice
06-23-2005, 01:05 PM
She may or may not be telling the truth. It's not unusual for the box office to deny that the ticket release exists, but it certainly does. I've gotten many good seats to sold-out games this way.

ewokpelts
06-23-2005, 01:33 PM

Anyone got a single for Sunday?
i may have 2 SINGLES for sunday.....all uppers...i'll by tonight
Gene

ewokpelts
06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
She may or may not be telling the truth. It's not unusual for the box office to deny that the ticket release exists, but it certainly does. I've gotten many good seats to sold-out games this way.my rep told me the 9/13 packages wiped out most of the stuff i usally get 2 weeks before game time...this year he was unable to get me ANYTHING....
Gene

BigNDfan
06-23-2005, 01:59 PM
They're definitely selling tickets at the box office today. Another person on SoxTalk.com just picked up some.

Cellview22
06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
my rep told me the 9/13 packages wiped out most of the stuff i usally get 2 weeks before game time...this year he was unable to get me ANYTHING....
Gene

I hope this means that it'll be more like 90% Sox fans in attendance. I wonder, though, if many Cub fans bought a 9 or 13 game plan just to see the Cubs this weekend.

kevingrt
06-23-2005, 02:23 PM
If it wasn't a damn hour and half to get down there for me I'd be there. If anyone has any extras for tomorrow, Friday... I can pay through PayPal and pik them up at the Cell tomorrow or leave them at will Call