PDA

View Full Version : Possible trade I thought up while in the hot tub

Getupballgetup
06-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Well sox nation, this is my first post here so I hope yall aren't too hard on me! :smile: :D: So hows this for a trade:

Joe Crede(why do we have this clown- he simply can't hit sliders or curves away and every pitcher sets him up for this)
Jurrassic Carl(hes got pop and hes clutch, I think a lot of contenders would want him and we've got Big Franky for the dh spot anyhow)
Chad Hermanson(lets get rid of him NOW before it's too late. This is a career year for him -- you can't expect him to keep this up.

For

Oakland 3b Eric Chavez- This guys a monster bat that will get back on track once he gets down here on the southside. Huge improvement over Joe "I can't hit breakingball aways" Crede

RP: Kiko Calero: Hes still a solid reliever that can pick up Dustin's load and keep it goin'. Give him to ozzie and he will shine, pure and simple.

GO WHITE SOX!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD!

Chisox003
06-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Well sox nation, this is my first post here so I hope yall aren't too hard on me! :smile: :D: So hows this for a trade:

Joe Crede(why do we have this clown- he simply can't hit sliders or curves away and every pitcher sets him up for this)
Jurrassic Carl(hes got pop and hes clutch, I think a lot of contenders would want him and we've got Big Franky for the dh spot anyhow)
Chad Hermanson(lets get rid of him NOW before it's too late. This is a career year for him -- you can't expect him to keep this up.

For

Oakland 3b Eric Chavez- This guys a monster bat that will get back on track once he gets down here on the southside. Huge improvement over Joe "I can't hit breakingball aways" Crede

RP: Kiko Calero: Hes still a solid reliever that can pick up Dustin's load and keep it goin'. Give him to ozzie and he will shine, pure and simple.

:thud:

Mr. White Sox
06-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey dude, what's the score?
:welcome:
As to the trade?

No, not so much.

Chavez is too expensive, Carl is contributing right now (and if Thomas gets injured again it's a big problem if Krazy is gone) and Chad is the only proven closer on the ballclub. Kiko Calero is somewhat shaky, and has already been placed on the DL this season. I say stick with what we have, and only make a minor trade (bullpen relief or a starter depending on Duque's status) or just stand pat completely.

Unregistered
06-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Man, I don't even know where to start... so I won't. :smile:

P.S. The "Chad" thing is a joke, right? We use :tealtutor: for those...

JermaineDye05
06-23-2005, 01:33 AM
first off I hope your making fun of that guy with the mullet on sports center calling him chad hermanson, i would like to think you know his name is dustin, anyways I dont think we really need to get rid of any, hermy's doing great, him and aj have a great relationship, lets not mess with the bullpen, carl needs to stay because if frank gets hurt again, then what, and as for crede hes prolly the only one that should be traded, but remember hes a great 3rd basemen (not taking anything away from chavez, hes better then crede I know it) and so far hes been hitting well, past two gms I've seen him make real good adjustments on pitches and just lace them in the outfield, sorry I'm just not up for the trade

Getupballgetup
06-23-2005, 01:37 AM
We can't keep Crede he will KILL US in the playoffs. SITUATION: RUNNERS ON THE CORNERS 2 OUTS BOT 9TH 2-1 CARDS(OR OTHER NL TEAM HERE) 0-2 COUNT STRIKE THREE CALLED BREAKING BALL OUTSIDE CORNER!

We need somebody who can HIT breakingballs playing 3b. Everybody else on this club is productive. I just put Dusty up there because I figured the A's would want some quality relief help. Maybe we can get chavez with some other package deal. Maybe Shingy?
:) :)

GO WHITE SOX!!!! COME ON JERMAINE COME ON JERMAINE GET THERE YESSSSSS!!!

Chisox003
06-23-2005, 01:39 AM
We can't keep Crede he will KILL US in the playoffs. SITUATION: RUNNERS ON THE CORNERS 2 OUTS BOT 9TH 2-1 CARDS(OR OTHER NL TEAM HERE) 0-2 COUNT STRIKE THREE CALLED BREAKING BALL OUTSIDE CORNER!

We need somebody who can HIT breakingballs playing 3b. Everybody else on this club is productive. I just put Dusty up there because I figured the A's would want some quality relief help. Maybe we can get chavez with some other package deal. Maybe Shingy?

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Something is telling me he isn't a troll and he isn't kidding. I think this is the first of many bandwagon jumpers that are going to come over here from the flubs.:(:

Mr. White Sox
06-23-2005, 01:43 AM
All I can say is...I tried.

Getupballgetup
06-23-2005, 01:48 AM
NEVER A FLUBS FAN! ALWAYS a CHI SOCKS! I usually post on the official forums, but the people there don't always talk good baseball!! :?: I WAs hoping you guys do!

:dtroll: GO WHITESOX!!! 50th WIN COMING TOMMOROW...YESSS!!:dtroll:

Banix12
06-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Chavez the the sox has been covered ad nauseum on this site. So has Joe Crede's shortcomings. So have trade rumors for about 800 other Third Basemen.

You might want to go looking around old threads before posting what you thought about in the hot tub (why thinking of baseball in the hot tub anyway?)

Anyway, how about a moratorium on Third Base rumor threads until something actually happens?

Chisox003
06-23-2005, 01:49 AM
NEVER A FLUBS FAN! ALWAYS a CHI SOCKS! I usually post on the official forums, but the people there don't always talk good baseball!! :?: I WAs hoping you guys do!

Mr. White Sox
06-23-2005, 01:51 AM
NEVER A FLUBS FAN! ALWAYS a CHI SOCKS! I usually post on the official forums, but the people there don't always talk good baseball!! I WAs hoping you guys do!

GO WHITESOX!!! 50th WIN COMING TOMMOROW...YESSS!!

:DJ:
Hawk, you there? Get ready...

chaerulez
06-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Chavez the the sox has been covered ad nauseum on this site. So has Joe Crede's shortcomings. So have trade rumors for about 800 other Third Basemen.

You might want to go looking around old threads before posting what you thought about in the hot tub (why thinking of baseball in the hot tub anyway?)

Anyway, how about a moratorium on Third Base rumor threads until something actually happens?

Yes I agree, I think I've seen this thread 100 times before already.

Nellie_Fox
06-23-2005, 02:44 AM
1. Who the hell sits in a hot tub when the heat index is reaching the 100s? Getting your body core temperature up too high can cause brain damage.

2. "Sox nation?" Give me a break. Don't jump on all these "nation" bandwagons. We don't need to copy the fans of other teams.

3. Hermanson as a throw-in in a trade? I don't think so.

It's probably not a good idea to make your first post a trade suggestion.

TheOldRoman
06-23-2005, 02:55 AM
I can't believe this thread has been in existence for an hour and a half already and I am the first to do this:

:threadsucks :threadblows:
You guys are really slacking.:cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2005, 03:17 AM

The Sox don't play tomorrow...

ClaudelSleptHere
06-23-2005, 03:41 AM
I have a problem with the "nation" thing also, but welcome. Your next post needs to be one asking for advice or wait until Paulie goes 0 for 4 and start a thread about him being overrated and not needed here. Now, back to the tub and see if you can come up with something better.

CHISOXFAN13
06-23-2005, 06:37 AM

The situation you just described is exactly why we have a guy like Carl Everett on the bench.

MIgrenade
06-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I was hearing on the Score that KW had made a pitch for Chavez and it was rejected. I don't know what the terms were but that's what they said. Anyway, they aren't giving him up for Crede. If you don't want him why would they.

RKMeibalane
06-23-2005, 09:45 AM
This has ****house written all over it.

Jjav829
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM

For

You know, as far as fan trade proposals go, there are really three categories. The first, and most popular type, is the side where the Sox (or insert the persons favorite team) give up practically nothing for something great. These usually look like "Joe Borchard, Willie Harris and Luis Vizcaino for Brad Lidge." The second type is much less frequent and that's where the Sox give up way too much for someone who isn't really that good. This might look like, "Sox trade Brandon McCarthy and Joe Crede for Sean Burroughs." The last type is very rare. Thats the type where neither side of the trade exactly benefits from the trade. You've managed to hit that last type which is quite an accomplishment.

First off, you ripped into two of the players we are trading, yet you include them in a trade to get one of the best 3B in the game. Then you say that any contender would want Carl Everett. That might be true, but the A's are not a contender...unless you consider 9 games under .500 to be in contention. Second, while Chavez is clearly the best player in that deal, the sum of Everett, Crede and Hermanson is more valuable to this team right now than Chavez and Calero. If Kenny does somehow manage to land Chavez, it's going to be for prospects.

Baby Fisk
06-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Wow, this thread sucks. Chad Hermanson? Lay off the bath water before posting.

TDog
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
... I usually post on the official forums, but the people there don't always talk good baseball!! ...

If you believe you are ready to graduate to WSI, you might want to crank it up a notch.

daveeym
06-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Something is telling me he isn't a troll and he isn't kidding. I think this is the first of many bandwagon jumpers that are going to come over here from the flubs.:(: Hottubs are only good for two things, getting chicks out of there clothes and relaxing. The chemicals and dehydration caused by them do not lead to level headed thinking, as shown by this thread.

skobabe8
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Its really something to see a new member crash and burn like that! Wow! Rough start. Maybe GetUp can eventually turn things around, but he's on serious life support. :D:

daveeym
06-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Its really something to see a new member crash and burn like that! Wow! Rough start. Maybe GetUp can eventually turn things around, but he's on serious life support. :D: Yeah, he's dangerously close to being shipped back to the minors (official MLB boards).

MrRoboto83
06-23-2005, 11:25 AM
How can he serious?? He must be drinking those chemicals in the Hot Tub!!

"This Hot Tub Water Tastes Like Beer!!!":redneck :gulp:

RKMeibalane
06-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, he's dangerously close to being shipped back to the minors (official MLB boards).

POTW!

Rocklive99
06-23-2005, 11:51 AM

This explains it

RallyBowl
06-23-2005, 01:06 PM
:threadsucks You sir, should have stayed in the hot tub.

DumpJerry
06-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Did he tell us the hot tub part so that we would understand and he would not have to give us an excuse later on?

I do like his idea of dumping Chad Hermanson, that guy is a bum! Chad Hermanson has not helped us win a single game all year. Chad Hermanson has no hits this year and has not struck out anyone (I'm not even sure what position the bum plays!).

Now, Dustin Hermanson, he's a keeper!

ShoelessJoeS
06-23-2005, 03:20 PM
:threadsucks You sir, should have stayed in the hot tub.

hahaha :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

SOXSINCE'70
06-23-2005, 03:31 PM

For

:hawk

"No".

Tekijawa
06-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Get Out Of The Tub, Put The Pipe Down, And Back Away... From The Crack!

The Dude
06-23-2005, 03:52 PM

http://www.animationstation.net/posterimages/M/Major_League_Back_ToMinors.jpg

shoota
06-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Hottubs are only good for two things, getting chicks out of there clothes and relaxing. The chemicals and dehydration caused by them do not lead to level headed thinking, as shown by this thread.

Extended hottub use also lowers a man's sperm count. There's a reason why testicles--or in John Kruk's case, testicle--are located outside of the 98.6 degree body.

Get FONC
06-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Man, i'm glad i never roamed the MLB official forums you guys make themseem like something from Lord of the Rings:dtroll::dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: .
I found this site when I got so tired of E(ast)SPN that I typed white sox into a google search engine.

samram
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow, this thread sucks. Chad Hermanson? Lay off the bath water before posting.

The Chad part comes from Jeff Brantley continually referring to Dustin as Chad. Really the only part of first post of this thread that made sense.

samram
06-23-2005, 08:08 PM
You know, as far as fan trade proposals go, there are really three categories. The first, and most popular type, is the side where the Sox (or insert the persons favorite team) give up practically nothing for something great. These usually look like "Joe Borchard, Willie Harris and Luis Vizcaino for Brad Lidge." The second type is much less frequent and that's where the Sox give up way too much for someone who isn't really that good. This might look like, "Sox trade Brandon McCarthy and Joe Crede for Sean Burroughs."

Why do you have to rip on every trade suggestion I make? Plus, remember I included Timo in the Lidge deal.:tongue:

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 08:57 PM
I see Nellie already covered the dangers of jacuzzi-sitting in hot weather. But am I the only one here who's not thinking about baseball whilst in the the hottub?

buehrle4cy05
06-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Wait...who's gonna close? Maybe you should have stopped and thought about that before posting that trade. It just doesn't make any sense.

rowand33
06-23-2005, 09:28 PM

For

you stayed in the hot tub for too long man.

Optipessimism
06-23-2005, 11:12 PM
1. Who the hell sits in a hot tub when the heat index is reaching the 100s? Getting your body core temperature up too high can cause brain damage.

LTMBSVF

(Laugh To Myself But Still Very Funny)

Rocklive99
06-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Good thing he wasnt on a hot stove! Ba-zing! Okay that sucked, walks away slowly...

Mohoney
06-24-2005, 01:30 AM
My head hurts.