PDA

View Full Version : 6/22's text message poll

MikeLove
06-23-2005, 01:31 AM
for anyone who missed the question, it was "Which white sox would make the best president?" or something along those lines. I immediately jumped up and gleefully exclaimed carl everett, but i didnt get the number down to vote at. Turns up big Carl ended up winning anyway! Anyone else get as big of a kick out of this as i did? Us Sox fans must have a pretty good sense of humor

TimoPerez
06-23-2005, 01:39 AM
That is awesome. Who were the other choices?

I really wish I got to see more Sox games for reasons like this(and Hawk rules). I live in New York so I only get to see the occasional games on ESPN and when the Sox play the Yankees.

MikeLove
06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
there are no choices for the text message poll, which i think makes it even cooler. Joe Crede and Paul Konerko were both tied for 2nd place, it was either like 24% carl, 14% PK and Crede or 27 and 17 percent

Rocklive99
06-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Hmm, now it makes sense. In the postgame thread, someone said Everett was asked by a reporter what would happen if he was president, and he said he'd be assassinated in a week

TimoPerez
06-23-2005, 01:49 AM
there are no choices for the text message poll, which i think makes it even cooler. Joe Crede and Paul Konerko were both tied for 2nd place, it was either like 24% carl, 14% PK and Crede or 27 and 17 percent

That is awesome. The only polls I ever see are on Fox when the ask stuff like, "Which pitcher would you rather have?" It then gives two or three choices and you have to pick one. This way is much more fun.

By the way. In case anyone is wondering, the only White Sox player that meets the eligibility for United States President is Frank Thomas.

The Dude
06-23-2005, 01:51 AM
ESPN actually mentioned this after going through todays highlights. They had a good laugh about it.

BRDSR
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
By the way. In case anyone is wondering, the only White Sox player that meets the eligibility for United States President is Frank Thomas.

Haha, very astute.

MERPER
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I was at the game yesterday and voted for Crazy Carl!... After his recent comments about congress, how could you not?

TimoPerez
06-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Haha, very astute.

:cool: Thanks!