PDA

View Full Version : how good is our team

rwcescato
06-23-2005, 12:42 AM
One thing i have noticed with the national media. We are so good that we never make any web gems or touch them alls any day. We have the team with the best record in baseball but cant be ranked #1 on ESPN becuase the Nationals and the Cardinals are better teams. The media has started to notice that we have 4 teams above .500 but we still haven't played anybody. We have the best record at home and on the road and the 2nd best record in interleague play but somehow not good enough. And of course we will choke and the flubs have more fans in the stand. You know what I still like our chances for going farther than we all can ever imagine. I will be there on Friday and can't wait for the beginning of another 3 game sweep.
GO YOU WHITE SOX !!!!!!!
Rich:supernana:

hose
06-23-2005, 08:46 AM
how good is our team?......REAL good

chaerulez
06-23-2005, 09:05 AM
If I can count correctly, the Sox have played against 8 teams that are .500 or better. At the time they played the Dodgers and D'Backs, they were at or over .500, but both teams are spiraling...

The only decent teams left that the Sox haven't faced in the AL are the Red Sox and Yankees. And I personally don't think neither team is that great this year. The Angels are the #2 team in the AL right now, then Baltimore. Of course the national media will still try and plug in Boston and New York as much as they can.

ondafarm
06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Simply put, the Yankee$ are starting to feel the effects of Steinbrenner's ownership. For years he's been plugging holes with money, they didn't have a real third baseman, so he went out and bought one, they needed more pitching so he went out and bought some, etc. Instead of developing his talent, he's been buying it. Unfortunately, that doesn't work forever.

The Red Sox seem totally dedicated to great offense and don't give a whit about defense. In Fenway, that may be okay, but you also have to play half your games on the road.