PDA

View Full Version : 'Baker gets more grief than The Oz' -Baker

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Ozzie can say whatever he wants to say, and it's OK," Baker said. "I don't have that right and privilege yet. I'm not a homeboy yet. Ozzie is a homeboy. Am I right? Ozzie played here with his team. I don't have that privilege."

Asked why he didn't believe he could say whatever he wants, Baker replied: "When I do, I get a lot more [grief] than he does. Correct?"

Informed Guillen received criticism over his hostile remarks toward former Sox outfielder Magglio Ordonez in April, Baker disagreed.

"Maybe I didn't read it that way," he said.
-Bold emphasis by me.

Maybe he can't read.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050622cubsbrite,1,4471627.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Viva Medias B's
06-23-2005, 12:32 AM
And when the media asks Ozzie for his response...

:ozzie
"Who the [bleep] is Dusty Baker..."

CubKilla
06-23-2005, 12:37 AM
I guess Dusty forgot his race-based comments from last season that everyone in the Chicago media gave him a free pass on. Talk about privilege.

D-Bag :rolleyes:

DMarte708
06-23-2005, 01:00 AM
This is the second time THE DUDE went out of his way to reference our club when faced with tough questioning.

Last month, when questioned about Ramirez's slump, Dusty mentioned Paul Konerko underperforming in typical aversion tactics. Now, he mentions Ozzie Guillen and believes he is free to say whatever he pleases.

Baker is really out of his mind. He needs to concentrate on his team and quit worrying about Ozzie's Guillen's division leading ballclub.

Nellie_Fox
06-23-2005, 01:08 AM
He needs to concentrate on his team and quit worrying about Ozzie's Guillen's division leading ballclub.Correction: Ozzie's MLB leading ballclub.

Soxzilla
06-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Dusty Baker is a ****ing moron.

ilsox7
06-23-2005, 01:24 AM
It really is true how players take on the personality of their managers. The Sox are a feisty bunch who don't back down, just like Ozzie. The Cubs are whiney little ****ers, just like Dust Pan.

Chisox003
06-23-2005, 01:57 AM
I guess Dusty forgot his race-based comments from last season that everyone in the Chicago media gave him a free pass on. Talk about privilege.

D-Bag :rolleyes:

No kiddin!

This year though, The Venezualen manager is clearly favored over the African American manager

Please... :rolleyes:... Hes a :dtroll:

Lip Man 1
06-23-2005, 03:02 AM
Like Bugs Bunny would say...'what a maroon...'

Unlike Toothpick Baker at least Ozzie tells what he thinks is the truth. He doesn't back pedel and play games but what do you want from a manager who blew a 3-2 lead in the Series, blew a 3-1 series lead with the Cubs and who couldn't control his freaks last year when they blew a playoff spot that was right in the palm of their hands because they couldn't beat scum like the Reds, Pirates and Mets.

'what an imbezzel...'

Lip

fquaye149
06-23-2005, 08:05 AM
dear dusty:

b-o-o h-o-o

now where's that violin?

PAPChiSox729
06-23-2005, 09:33 AM
:violin:

Baker is an idiot. He gets more distracted by other things more than his own players.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Is anyone like me and think that Hendry is never going to fire Baker? Thanks to Baker no one is talking about how poorly he did his job! Those three smart flub fans are really giving Baker a hard time. I feel bad for him.

VenturaFan23
06-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Was Dusty holding his kid when he was talking to reporters about this? :rolleyes:

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 10:41 AM
You just know he's getting canned after the season. They will be no where near a playoff spot after spending a ton of money.

SOXPHILE
06-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh yeah Johnny B., the national media wasn't all over Ozzie after his comments about Magglio.

I guess Johnny Baker forgets some of the assinine things he's said and done that cause him to be questioned and made fun of:

- Said minority players do better in the heat, "cuz that's where we came from, man". (Got that Korie Stringer ?)

-Gets pissed (along with Santo) when the White Sox celebrate a last at bat win over them in 2003 when they jumped up and down at home plate. Never mind the fact that his team did it several times themselves that year

-When questioned about steroids, corked bats, and cheating, usually responds with "I don't know dude. I've never even seen [steroids, corked bats etc.], and usually tries to turn the question back to the reporter with something like "Did you ever cheat on your wife ?"

-Coddled and did nothing to some of the idiots on the 2004 team who bitched, moaned, complained and picked fights with the announcers for having the audacity to criticize them for their play

-"It's that time of year when the weather warms up, the trees start blooming, it's photosynthesis..." Uh, no Johnny, it's called "spring". As any 5th grade science student can tell you, photosynthesis is leaves making food for the plant.

Johnny Baker, dude, you are an idiot.

maurice
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
"Maybe I didn't read it that way," [Baker] said.

"Maybe you're just a dick," maurice said.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
You just know he's getting canned after the season. They will be no where near a playoff spot after spending a ton of money.

If Baker goes then Hendry has to. They have done/are doing equally bad jobs.

34 Inch Stick
06-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Three winning seasons in a row (probably) when they had not had two winning seasons in a row for several decades, a huge contract with 2 years remaining...Dusty is going nowhere. While Hendry had a terrible offseason he has made some fantastic moves in the past...Hendry is going nowhere.

Dusty is the ultimate BS artist but you really cannot argue with his results.

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Three winning seasons in a row (probably) when they had not had two winning seasons in a row for several decades, a huge contract with 2 years remaining...Dusty is going nowhere. While Hendry had a terrible offseason he has made some fantastic moves in the past...Hendry is going nowhere.

Dusty is the ultimate BS artist but you really cannot argue with his results.

I figured the Cubs were holding on to Grady Little for next year. His name has been mentioned in Cincy though. Ah, whatever, I hang on the South Side.

Dick Allen
06-23-2005, 01:26 PM

Dusty is the ultimate BS artist but you really cannot argue with his results.So having a record above .500 is "results"? I guess that's what happens when a franchise and their stupid fandom accept mediocrity.

CubKilla
06-23-2005, 02:34 PM
I guess that's what happens when a franchise and their stupid fandom accept mediocrity.

The fan base has accepted much worse that mediocirty. After all, those Cubs are so lovable :D: when they lose.

Fact of the matter is, mediocre is much better than what the Cub fanbase has endured over the years.

34 Inch Stick
06-23-2005, 04:20 PM
So having a record above .500 is "results"? I guess that's what happens when a franchise and their stupid fandom accept mediocrity.

That's progress for the North Side franchise. He did get them to the NLCS though.

Bisco Stu
06-24-2005, 10:24 PM
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen didn't understand why Baker was upset with him for saying that Jon Garland is having a better season than Prior earlier in the week. Baker claimed that Guillen gets away with inappropriate comments, and Guillen countered by saying before Friday's game: "I was making it clear Prior has a chance to be one of the best pitchers ever to wear that uniform. No matter where I manage, I will say what I feel.

NealCotts4Life
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Maybe the big Dust should stop worrying about the media, and worry about managing his own god damn team. Like leaving in a reliever for two more innings when he throws a wild pitch for a run and gives up a 2 run shot in the same at-bat. Grow a sack Dusty.

chuckn98229
06-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Dusty is a turd. Always was, always will be.