PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter comments on Buehrle and Garland

soxfanreggie
06-23-2005, 12:03 AM
During the Sox highlight, the Sportscenter anchor listed Garland and Buehrle as the front runners for the Cy Young award. They are and it's nice to be hearing that from a network that seems to have its lips fixed to the AL East.

kojak
06-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Begrudgingly, the fools at EastSPN will eventually come around, for no other reason than the longer they take the more foolish they look.

But too late to impress this Sox fan...

PorkChopExpress
06-23-2005, 12:26 AM
As little as this means when it comes to a world series championship (see Twins in '04) I love to see these two (beuhrle especially) recognized for what they've done. Who has been a better 1-2 (or 5-1 in this case) than these two? No one. These two are a huge reason why the Sox are where they are. That needs to be looked at in Cy Young voting. Kenny Rogers and Roy Halladay are having great years as well, but neither is pushing a team that was supposed to finish fourth in the "comedy" central (not so funny these days) to the best in all of baseball, and that is exactly what Beuhrle and Garland have done, and are continuing to do. Rock on fellas!!!!!!!!!!!

NealCotts4Life
06-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Was that the SC at 5pm (central time) when the hatable Jeff Brantley called Freddy Garcia Freddy Guzman!!!! No joke My dad heard it too.

The Wall
06-23-2005, 01:03 AM
That was the 6pm SC.

NealCotts4Life
06-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Well it was 5 o clock in Chicago because it came on after PTI which is always on at 4:30.

TomParrish79
06-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Was that the SC at 5pm (central time) when the hatable Jeff Brantley called Freddy Garcia Freddy Guzman!!!! No joke My dad heard it too.

I knew I heard him say Freddy Guzman, but I was talking with someone and wasnt full paying attention. Mullet strikes again.

Getupballgetup
06-23-2005, 02:33 AM
I was hoping :dtroll: :bandance: that ESPN would start showing us who the real deals are!!! GLAD THEY ARE FINALLY SHOWING US SOME ATTENTION.

GO WHITE SOX!!!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YESSSS!!

Chisox003
06-23-2005, 02:34 AM
I was hoping :dtroll: :bandance: that ESPN would start showing us who the real deals are!!! GLAD THEY ARE FINALLY SHOWING US SOME ATTENTION.

GO WHITE SOX!!!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YESSSS!!

:thud:

Champs2004
06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
And here i thought Brantley had it right for once, then he screws it up and calls Freddy Garcia Freddy Guzman....he's a crackhead just like Kruk and Reynolds

gobears1987
06-23-2005, 08:59 AM
And here i thought Brantley had it right for once, then he screws it up and calls Freddy Garcia Freddy Guzman....he's a crackhead just like Kruk and Reynolds
We do have a Freddy Guzman. He pitches 8 innings and then Chad Hermanson helps close, but he's only a closer by committee.

wsbaseball9
06-23-2005, 09:02 AM
i swear jeff brantley looks just like this kid i know's dad, they talk the same way too...the kids dad was drafted by the orioles a long time ago but never made it obviously...odd i think