PDA

View Full Version : Don't go to the Yahoo MLB homepage

cburns
06-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Anger growing...On a related note http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52623

DoggPhood
06-22-2005, 11:00 PM
i hate that places keep using that picture. it's obviously waaaaaaaaaay before a game.

ShoelessJoeS
06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
uh oh...excuse me...

:chunks

:o: i didnt know yahoo was east coast based?

Palehose Pete
06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
First of all, the Cubs have not always been more popular than the Sox. If someone would do their friggin' research, they'd know that. I don't get paid, however, to help out HACKS writing their half-##### freelance articles that pay a few cents per word.

Secondly, I don't care if the Cubs are more popular than the Sox right now. Does that mean that the Cubs have the better team because hayseeds from Iowa take a bus to a Cubs game and buy "We Got Wood" t-shirts? Uhhh, the answer is, "No." I'm proud as hell to be a Sox fan and welcome anyone smart enough to the park who realizes that good baseball has historically resided on the South Side of town.

PorkChopExpress
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm proud as hell to be a Sox fan and welcome anyone smart enough to the park who realizes that good baseball has historically resided on the South Side of town.

I believe you have said it all. Amen!

Palehose Pete
06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks. That rant left me spent.

cburns
06-23-2005, 12:22 AM
You weren't supposed to go there

MrRoboto83
06-23-2005, 06:58 AM
I checked out Yahoo first thing this morning to get the scores, and now my day ruined.:angry:

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Nice quote from Frank on how watching the flubs is more of an event while watching the Sox is about winning. Oh, by the way, BLOW ME Yahoo and AP.

PAPChiSox729
06-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I checked out Yahoo first thing this morning to get the scores, and now my day ruined.:angry:

We have to best record in baseball. We are 10 games up on Minnesota. We have won 7 games in a row. Why do people care so much about what the media has to think? This is an exciting season, who cares about Yahoo?

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Nice quote from Frank on how watching the flubs is more of an event while watching the Sox is about winning. Oh, by the way, BLOW ME Yahoo and AP.

So you see I was slightly pissed when I saw Yahoo. What did I do about it? Bought more tickets to watch MY FAVORITE TEAM. Go Sox.

Irishsox1
06-23-2005, 09:29 AM
This is the same stuff the media did in 2000, in fact Nancy Armour's AP article is almost indentical to the 2000 "Sox are in first place, but no fans" article she did then. This is a tired story and the media is lazy, so I ignore it. I was actually waiting for these articles to start, I'm surprised that it took till late June to start this stuff.

LuvSox
06-23-2005, 09:43 AM
This is the same stuff the media did in 2000, in fact Nancy Armour's AP article is almost indentical to the 2000 "Sox are in first place, but no fans" article she did then. This is a tired story and the media is lazy, so I ignore it. I was actually waiting for these articles to start, I'm surprised that it took till late June to start this stuff.

On the other hand, there will be several "What's the attendance at Wrigley today" signs during the playoffs. :D: