PDA

View Full Version : Another very important thing you should learn

RallyBowl
06-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Wow. Let me first say that I really enjoy my time here at WSI. Lots of cool people, a lot of humor, and a lot of WINNING. But, unfortunately there is also a lot of WHINING, paticularly about the a-holes at a certain sports network. It appears to me that some individuals are watching said network everyday, just looking for errors and unbelievable remarks so that they can make 20 posts to let us all know about the injustices we are still facing everyday. I may be in the minority, but I don't care. We all know these guys don't know their asses from their eyelids. Why does anyone still watch? Now, I occaisionally will tune into said network, but it is for the same reason I would watch a Charles in Charge or Saved by the Bell rerun- for humor. If any one of these guys knew a damned thing about baseball, they would be JR, KW, or Ozzie- one of the guys who runs the best team in baseball. But alas, they do not, so they are reduced to sitting behind a desk, trying to extend any aspect of their mediocre playing careers. We don't have to win the series, or even make the playoffs. They were wrong about us. And they will continue to be wrong. Instead of complaining about these hacks, or trying to comprehend where they get their "information" and "knowledge", change the channel, or turn off the tv and just sit there in the silence and reflect on reality- the true awesomeness of White Sox baseball!

TaylorStSox
06-22-2005, 11:23 PM
The same things bother me to no end. The endless Cubs bashing. The endless Cubs scoreboard watching. What in the hell is that for?:?:

The JR bashing. The ESPN bashing. I've learned that some members are just really masochistic and enjoy watching things that piss them off.

You'll learn to filter them out. Though, the Dark Clouds really tend to piss me off after losses.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Wow. Let me first say that I really enjoy my time here at WSI. Lots of cool people, a lot of humor, and a lot of WINNING. But, unfortunately there is also a lot of WHINING, paticularly about the a-holes at a certain sports network. It appears to me that some individuals are watching said network everyday, just looking for errors and unbelievable remarks so that they can make 20 posts to let us all know about the injustices we are still facing everyday. I may be in the minority, but I don't care. We all know these guys don't know their asses from their eyelids. Why does anyone still watch? Now, I occaisionally will tune into said network, but it is for the same reason I would watch a Charles in Charge or Saved by the Bell rerun- for humor. If any one of these guys knew a damned thing about baseball, they would be JR, KW, or Ozzie- one of the guys who runs the best team in baseball. But alas, they do not, so they are reduced to sitting behind a desk, trying to extend any aspect of their mediocre playing careers. We don't have to win the series, or even make the playoffs. They were wrong about us. And they will continue to be wrong. Instead of complaining about these hacks, or trying to comprehend where they get their "information" and "knowledge", change the channel, or turn off the tv and just sit there in the silence and reflect on reality- the true awesomeness of White Sox baseball!

We're Sox fans....what do you expect?...We continually point out who is wrong and never let them forget about it...

Been waiting a LONG time for this....we've earned the right....They are "analysts" and with that job comes criticism.....

Thats how it works....

This thread sucks.....:whatever:

daveeym
06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
I agree with you but at the same time have to go into the middle ground and agree with both responses. These guys get paid a ton to know the game that they supposedly played and gives them "better insight". Yes they sometimes have to write or talk about a story or opinion that may not be theirs but there is a great amount of error in there reports that can't be chalked up to misspeak. When the average male baseball fan can do a better job than these jabrones it's pretty sad.

TaylorStSox
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
We're Sox fans....what do you expect?...We continually point out who is wrong and never let them forget about it...

Been waiting a LONG time for this....we've earned the right....They are "analysts" and with that job comes criticism.....

Thats how it works....

This thread sucks.....:whatever:

When I started watching Sox games with my Father and Grandfather, they never told me that it's a rite of passage to be a whiny baby. They never taught me to hate the Cubs. They never taught me to hate the media. I'm a Sox fan first. I'm not going to cry about anything.

ilsox7
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
The same things bother me to no end. The endless Cubs bashing. The endless Cubs scoreboard watching. What in the hell is that for?:?:

The JR bashing. The ESPN bashing. I've learned that some members are just really masochistic and enjoy watching things that piss them off.

You'll learn to filter them out. Though, the Dark Clouds really tend to piss me off after losses.

Preach on! The Cub user names are one of my biggest pet peeves here.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:40 PM
When I started watching Sox games with my Father and Grandfather, they never told me that it's a rite of passage to be a whiny baby. They never taught me to hate the Cubs. They never taught me to hate the media. I'm a Sox fan first. I'm not going to cry about anything.

Please....hatred of the Cubs is what a good baseball rivalry is all about...You're full of it and so is that statement....There is a reason why the biggest series of the year is when we play the cubs twice.....There's a reason the media covers the nubs, red sox, and yankees most of the time...

Give me a break:dtroll:

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:42 PM

Not this cub user name.....that's a generality...

TaylorStSox
06-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Please....hatred of the Cubs is what a good baseball rivalry is all about...You're full of it and so is that statement....There is a reason why the biggest series of the year is when we play the cubs twice.....There's a reason the media covers the nubs, red sox, and yankees most of the time...

Give me a break:dtroll:

Yeah. Baseball rivalry's are about a team we play 6 times a year. I care a hell of alot more about the real rivalry's. Namely, The Twins, The Indians and The Tigers. But, you keep on worrying about that team on the North Side and your inferiority complex. kthnxbye!

ilsox7
06-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Not this cub user name.....that's a generality...

What's a generality? The fact that you're so obsessed with the Cubs that you chose a user name based on your hatred of them as opposed to your love of the White Sox?

:rolleyes:

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah. Baseball rivalry's are about a team we play 6 times a year. I care a hell of alot more about the real rivalry's. Namely, The Twins, The Indians and The Tigers. But, you keep on worrying about that team on the North Side and your inferiority complex. kthnxbye!

First of all, why am I having a discussion with you...it's "rivalries"; not "rivalry's". If you can't spell it, how are you going to know what it means...you can't look it up if you don't know how to spell it....

There's no rivalry with the Indians....the Indians have to win consistently against us for that to happen

There's no rivalry with the Tigers...the tigers have to win consistently against us for that to happen

There is a huge rivalry against the Twins, but how in blue hell are you going to say that I have an inferiority complex because Im recognizing one of the biggest rivalries in the game?....

kthnxbye? You've gotta be kidding me right?:dtroll:

ilsox7
06-22-2005, 11:50 PM
First of all, why am I having a discussion with you...it's "rivalries"; not "rivalry's". If you can't spell it, how are you going to know what it means...you can't look it up if you don't know how to spell it....

There's no rivalry with the Indians....the Indians have to win consistently against us for that to happen

There's no rivalry with the Tigers...the tigers have to win consistently against us for that to happen

There is a huge rivalry against the Twins, but how in blue hell are you going to say that I have an inferiority complex because Im recognizing one of the biggest rivalries in the game?....

Wow. You're clueless.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:50 PM
What's a generality? The fact that you're so obsessed with the Cubs that you chose a user name based on your hatred of them as opposed to your love of the White Sox?

:rolleyes:

It's a White Sox forum...The White Sox love is implied...Why would I have to gloat about my love for the White Sox when its obvious by me being a member of the forum?

Stop Crying:whiner: ......

SOXfnNlansing
06-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow. Let me first say that I really enjoy my time here at WSI. Lots of cool people, a lot of humor, and a lot of WINNING. But, unfortunately there is also a lot of WHINING, paticularly about the a-holes at a certain sports network. It appears to me that some individuals are watching said network everyday, just looking for errors and unbelievable remarks so that they can make 20 posts to let us all know about the injustices we are still facing everyday. I may be in the minority, but I don't care. We all know these guys don't know their asses from their eyelids. Why does anyone still watch? Now, I occaisionally will tune into said network, but it is for the same reason I would watch a Charles in Charge or Saved by the Bell rerun- for humor. If any one of these guys knew a damned thing about baseball, they would be JR, KW, or Ozzie- one of the guys who runs the best team in baseball. But alas, they do not, so they are reduced to sitting behind a desk, trying to extend any aspect of their mediocre playing careers. We don't have to win the series, or even make the playoffs. They were wrong about us. And they will continue to be wrong. Instead of complaining about these hacks, or trying to comprehend where they get their "information" and "knowledge", change the channel, or turn off the tv and just sit there in the silence and reflect on reality- the true awesomeness of White Sox baseball! What I do is tivo 'said show' and then fast forward to SOX highlights (usually at the end of the program) and watch it. I don't watch any other part of said show.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow. You're clueless.

Apparently....

TaylorStSox
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM

The Cubs beat us consistantly? LOL. Admit it. Part of the reason that you're a Sox fan is that you love hating the Cubs and it makes you feel like a nonconformist.

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 11:55 PM
What's the over/under on how soon this thread winds up in the roadhouse?

ilsox7
06-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Whatever it is, Daver will take the under and close it. :smile:

TaylorStSox
06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm waiting for West or PHG to come in and yell at all of us. :bandance:

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
The Cubs beat us consistantly? LOL. Admit it. Part of the reason that you're a Sox fan is that you love hating the Cubs and it makes you feel like a nonconformist.

"It was the same overriding opinion expressed by the White Sox when they took two of three contests from the Cubs at Wrigley Field, giving them a 24-21 all-time edge over the North Siders"

Yes....looks pretty even to me now doesn't.....you can't be serious

That's a rivarly...Thats why they call it the Crosstown Classic....so intelligent you are....

VivaOzzie
06-23-2005, 12:18 AM

Top. Notch. :thumbsup:

FarWestChicago
06-23-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm waiting for West or PHG to come in and yell at all of us. :bandance:I'm not yelling at you. You're the sane one.

Cowhead418
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
I too hate the Flub-based usernames for the same reason I hate people who wear "Cubs Suck" shirts. Wouldn't you rather show your love for the Sox than show your hatred for the Flubs? Who cares about them anyway? About the only reason I know their record is because I'm a baseball fan and I like to know the records of every team. I like to know who is doing well and who is sucking it up so that I can carry on an intelligent conversation about baseball with just about any other baseball fan. The hatred of the Flubs on this site has gone overboard. The fact that there is a separate forum for talking about the Flubs is really sad.

fquaye149
06-23-2005, 12:25 PM
"It was the same overriding opinion expressed by the White Sox when they took two of three contests from the Cubs at Wrigley Field, giving them a 24-21 all-time edge over the North Siders"

Yes....looks pretty even to me now doesn't.....you can't be serious

That's a rivarly...Thats why they call it the Crosstown Classic....so intelligent you are....

that's a creation of the Chicago, and then later national, media. These games matter less than any other games we play. Period. They're not in our league, they're not even playoff contenders we could gain experience and knowledge against by playing chance we meet them in the WS.

It makes me physically nauseous to see the so called perfect day described as a Sox win and a Cub loss.

To me a perfect day is a sox win.

A more perfect day is a sox win and a twins loss.

Throw central also-ran losses in for gravy and then let's start talking about the cubs.

i'd rather not. I'd rather talk about the sox.

mjharrison72
06-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Shocked it isn't there already.

RallyBowl
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM

Thats how it works....

This thread sucks.....:whatever: I officially will never read anything you have to say ever again. I'm sure that most everyone here agrees with me. You are the only one on this post with your point of view. I suspect that you are not a sox fan at all, but a lousy, scrublovin' :troll

Iwritecode
06-23-2005, 02:40 PM

I'm going to ignore all the other bickering in this thread and focus on the original topic.

First of all, I somewhat agree with you. We should ignore the mediots that don't have a clue what they're talking about and just enjoy the great season the Sox are having. The only thing is that posting it here is preaching to the choir.

What about all the casual fans that actually rely on the "experts" for information? Yes, those people do exist.

Watching/reading the people that are supposed to know what they are talking about one would never know what a great team the Sox have this year. They would still think that the Sox play in a horrible stadium with a lousy team and that the Cubs are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

and then people wonder why the casual fans don't show up on the southside as much...

Sxy Mofo
06-23-2005, 02:54 PM

My dad taught me to be a sox fan and to hate the cubs. But the sox winning is more important to me than the cubs losing. In fact, and i may get flamed for this... if the sox go 3-3 in their next 6, I'd rather the three losses be vs. the cubs and the 3 wins vs. the tigers. It's more important to win games in your own division than it is to win them against another league.

My dad never taught me to hate the media. I picked that one up on my own living in colorado in my growing up years and constantly watching espn constantly pass over the sox(and every other team) every year to pray to the alter of the yanks/red sox.

alohafri
06-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Want to know why some Sox fans are so anti-scrub? Read the thread entitled "Oh Good Cripes". It will tell you all you need to know.

---Mrs. Aloha

TaylorStSox
06-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Want to know why some Sox fans are so anti-scrub? Read the thread entitled "Oh Good Cripes". It will tell you all you need to know.

---Mrs. Aloha

Some of us just DON'T CARE.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I officially will never read anything you have to say ever again. I'm sure that most everyone here agrees with me. You are the only one on this post with your point of view. I suspect that you are not a sox fan at all, but a lousy, scrublovin' :troll

Awwww....cry me a river

I don't care if you read what I post.....

havelj
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
As the song goes from "South Side Irish...."

"We sing the songs our fathers sang when they were growing up
Rebel songs of Erin's Isle in the South Side Irish Pubs
and when it comes to baseball-we have two favorite clubs
The Go-Go White Sox... and whoever plays the Cubs!"

Go Sox! F the Cubs!

:gulp:

CubsSuckSoBad
06-23-2005, 09:04 PM
As the song goes from "South Side Irish...."

"We sing the songs our fathers sang when they were growing up
Rebel songs of Erin's Isle in the South Side Irish Pubs
and when it comes to baseball-we have two favorite clubs
The Go-Go White Sox... and whoever plays the Cubs!"

Go Sox! F the Cubs!

:gulp:

Exactly....

wsbaseball9
06-23-2005, 09:06 PM

same here

CubsSuckSoBad
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I officially will never read anything you have to say ever again. I'm sure that most everyone here agrees with me. You are the only one on this post with your point of view. I suspect that you are not a sox fan at all, but a lousy, scrublovin' :troll

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you input this:

Location: In the cesspool of scrubs and cards fans that is central Illinois

Why would you input "cesspool of scrubs fans" if all you cared about was the White Sox? Why would you even mention the scrubs?

You're doin the same thing I'm doing now aren't you.....

Ummm....High Kettle....I'm the pot...you're black

Get FONC
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
The Cubs are so pathetic I feel that taunting them is like beating up a mentally challenged pre-schooler.