PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Help Murph!!!!

jeff_mamola
06-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Driving home tonight - Mike Murphy..the lost soul of the Score - WSCR 670 - the new home of the White Sox in 06 and beyond....playing "Hey Hey Holy Mackeral" - the sick twisted song of the North Side..talking to Fergie Jenkens - how the Cub fans "have it so hard now that the Sox are doing so well"....tried..REALLY TRIED..to shed a tear..NOT!!!!! Somebody wake this guy up....PLEASE!!!!!! Couldn't take it anymore.......put some music on. What a waste of a time slot!!!

miker
06-22-2005, 09:27 PM
You can always turn the dial...

chidonez
06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
While we're on random topics. 'Just saw a Twinkie's fan toss a foul ball back on the field? What a moran! Yeah, a foul ball. Give it to a kid. This just proves our superiority as a fan collective.

cheeses_h_rice
06-22-2005, 09:36 PM
I usually turn on the radio for a quick catch-me-up while I'm using our bathroom, and I turned it on at around 6:30, not thinking of who would be on the Score at that moment. I heard a guy talking about pitching, and I was thinking if it was some old school Sox pitcher like McDowell, Hoyt, Bannister, etc.

As soon as I heard Murph's voice, I knew it wouldn't be a Sox pitcher. The words "Fergie Je" came out of his mouth and by then I had already changed stations.

A tiger can't change his stripes, as they say.

kingpin_rcs
06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
While we're on random topics. 'Just saw a Twinkie's fan toss a foul ball back on the field? What a moran! Yeah, a foul ball. Give it to a kid. This just proves our superiority as a fan collective.

I was watching that as well. That happened twice. The first was a foul ball by Torii Hunter. Some girl caught it and threw it back as if she thought she was supposed to. The next one was a foul ball by a Tiger that was long and deep but foul. It bounced over into fair teritory and some guy got it and threw it back and was very visibly angry. It rolled all the way to the infield. They showed security talkking to the guy and you can see that he was very mad and saying "I don't want it".

Twins fans - mental midgets.

daveeym
06-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Driving home tonight - Mike Murphy..the lost soul of the Score - WSCR 670 - the new home of the White Sox in 06 and beyond....playing "Hey Hey Holy Mackeral" - the sick twisted song of the North Side..talking to Fergie Jenkens - how the Cub fans "have it so hard now that the Sox are doing so well"....tried..REALLY TRIED..to shed a tear..NOT!!!!! Somebody wake this guy up....PLEASE!!!!!! Couldn't take it anymore.......put some music on. What a waste of a time slot!!! You know what? **** Murphy, **** the flubs, and **** curses and 90 some years of "torture." The **** and heartbreak we've had to deal with over the last 5 years let alone the last 15 years is 100 times worse than ANYTHING ****ing imaginable. The Sox are like top 3 for overall record over the last 15 years and what do we have to show for it? *****. WE KNOW PAIN AND HEARTBREAK.

TornLabrum
06-23-2005, 12:20 AM
You know what? **** Murphy, **** the flubs, and **** curses and 90 some years of "torture." The **** and heartbreak we've had to deal with over the last 5 years let alone the last 15 years is 100 times worse than ANYTHING ****ing imaginable. The Sox are like top 3 for overall record over the last 15 years and what do we have to show for it? *****. WE KNOW PAIN AND HEARTBREAK.

The difference is that we don't wallow in it like fans on the North Side or certain New Englanders.

BainesHOF
06-23-2005, 02:09 AM
Why a Sox fan would listen to Murphy's show is beyond me.

chaerulez
06-23-2005, 03:27 AM
I lost all respect for Murph when he kept referring to BRANDON McCarthy ans BRENDAN McCarthy. At least say the name correctly to make it seem like you know what you're talking about...

Chisox003
06-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Why a Sox fan would listen to Murphy's show is beyond me.

Ya, I dont get it...

I never listen to AM in general because they are all a bunch of :dtroll: anyway, so why bother and waste my time

I read about this Murph character here all the time, and if we as SOX fans were smart(er), just change the damn station and quit giving him the privelage of having listeners

If he doesnt have listeners, then down go his ratings, and hopefully his "career" :gulp:

Im Murph/Moronotti/Brantley/ESPN/BBTN/MJH free and Im enjoying this Sox season more than ever....STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO THEM!!

S05X

Mendoza Line
06-23-2005, 08:36 AM
To be honest, I've never listened to 670 before this week. I was mildly interested to know what Sox fans were in for on their future flagship station. Here's some of the things I've learned:
1. Who gave Murphy a radio job? He sounds like like Jar-Jar Binks! I thought it was ridiculous when he was unable to say the Cubs were swept last weekend. "The Sox swept the Dodgers and the. the.. yankees swept the... the... *mumble* sox *deep breath.*
2. The morning people think Corey Patterson is a living deity for wanting to hit leadoff. "Let's discuss this for an hour it's breaking news!"
3. The 2006 teaser commercials are the best part of their station. They also account for 80% of air-time dedicated to the White Sox.

Hangar18
06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
To be honest, I've never listened to 670 before this week. I was mildly interested to know what Sox fans were in for on their future flagship station. Here's some of the things I've learned:
1. Who gave Murphy a radio job? He sounds like like Jar-Jar Binks! I thought it was ridiculous when he was unable to say the Cubs were swept last weekend. "The Sox swept the Dodgers and the. the.. yankees swept the... the... *mumble* sox *deep breath.*
2. The morning people think Corey Patterson is a living deity for wanting to hit leadoff. "Let's discuss this for an hour it's breaking news!"
3. The 2006 teaser commercials are the best part of their station. They also account for 80% of air-time dedicated to the White Sox.

I for whatever reason, had him tuned as i was "passing by" on the dial.
A weird sense of masochism came over me and I decided to listen in on the
cubby show. Lets just say .....for the 5 hours he was on, he PERSONALLY MADE SURE that 95% of the show was dedicated to the cubs,
why dustys terrible, corey patterson, the pitching staff minus wood/Messiah,
How they can still get back into it and win the division once those 2 come
back and other nonsense. NO SOX TALK. unbelievable how he gets away with this blatant bias and I did hear him mention how tough it is for cub fans right now ....... and how they deserve so much more. jackass.
In 2003, when they were winning, they got 95% of the show, but they reasoned "theyre winning". in 2004, they got 95% of the show, but they
reasoned, "the cubs are more interesting". In 2005, with the SOX having the best record in Baseball and on pace to do something very special this season, were stuck listening to cub inning by inning breakdowns, steering callers towards topics, and why COrey Pattersons going to be the next "LOU BROCK". I hate this town sometimes. I hate Murph all the time

Risk
06-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I'll help Murph by not ever listening to his crappy radio show so that his bloated, annoying, Cubbie kool-aid drinking *** gets fired.

Risk

MIgrenade
06-23-2005, 10:37 AM
What a moran!

It's petty to question spelling in most situations, but this...:D:

cheeses_h_rice
06-23-2005, 10:40 AM
It's petty to question spelling in most situations, but this...

I think he's being facetious. "Moran" is accepted internet-speak, just like "teh."

Probably made famous by this photo:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/270/1396/320/moran.jpg

daveeym
06-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I think he's being facetious. "Moran" is accepted internet-speak, just like "teh."

Probably made famous by this photo:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/270/1396/320/moran.jpg I thought he was referring to Erin Moran aka Joanie.

34 Inch Stick
06-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I usually turn on the radio for a quick catch-me-up while I'm using our bathroom, and I turned it on at around 6:30, not thinking of who would be on the Score at that moment. I heard a guy talking about pitching, and I was thinking if it was some old school Sox pitcher like McDowell, Hoyt, Bannister, etc.

As soon as I heard Murph's voice, I knew it wouldn't be a Sox pitcher. The words "Fergie Je" came out of his mouth and by then I had already changed stations.

A tiger can't change his stripes, as they say.

I use the radio in those circumstances as well for ambient noise.

How did you get up to turn the station?

cheeses_h_rice
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
I use the radio in those circumstances as well for ambient noise.

How did you get up to turn the station?

I'm quick.

:cool: