PDA

View Full Version : The Pundits were right!

kojak
06-22-2005, 09:03 PM
It indeed appears as though the Experts pre-season predictions are in fact coming true:

The Indians and the Tigers are battling it out with the Twins and the White Sox are nowhere in sight.

Who'd a thunk it?!?! :cool:

buehrle4cy05
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
:tealtutor::tealpolice:

The Dude
06-22-2005, 09:10 PM
:tealtutor::tealpolice:

Actually false alarm. His post is correct...in a different way than originally intended to be.

buehrle4cy05
06-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Actually false alarm. His post is correct...in a different way than originally intended to be.

:o:You're right. The teal police were having a slow day, and needed to fill their quota.:tongue:

samram
06-22-2005, 09:23 PM
It indeed appears as though the Experts pre-season predictions are in fact coming true:

The Indians and the Tigers are battling it out with the Twins and the White Sox are nowhere in sight.

I haven't doubted since the first week of May that Cleveland and Detroit would be duking it out in the AL Central. That Dmitri Young is one smart mofo. And when Maggs comes off the DL in 2007, they'll be pushing Cleveland even harder.

NonetheLoaiza
06-22-2005, 10:12 PM
I haven't doubted since the first week of May that Cleveland and Detroit would be duking it out in the AL Central. That Dmitri Young is one smart mofo. And when Maggs comes off the DL in 2007, they'll be pushing Cleveland even harder.

Where'd that squad car go?

fquaye149
06-22-2005, 10:13 PM

don't worry - the twins are right there in the hunt

samram
06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Where'd that squad car go?

Well, no need to use it if you can detect the sarcasm anyway, no?:cool:

kojak
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM

For real, samram! I just don't get this tealmania. Why does one need to telegraph their sarcasm?

Besides, I'm colour blind anyway.

Jjav829
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
John Kruk just said, "Don't count out them Tigers."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

batmanZoSo
06-23-2005, 01:05 AM
/\
counting out Tigers...

Soxzilla
06-23-2005, 01:11 AM
/\
counting out Tigers...

http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/people-346-jeffgoldblum.jpg
"A-HA, the letter 2!

:(:....I can't read or write."

SoxWillWin
06-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Gee all of this seems strangely familiar.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52598

:D:

ondafarm
06-23-2005, 10:02 AM
:o:You're right. The teal police were having a slow day, and needed to fill their quota.:tongue:

Just a grammatical point here.

Although in colloquial usage the distinction between a direct object and an indirect object may be obscured, the verbiage should reflect their opposition in appropriate discourse. Hence, the last clause of your staement should be:

. . . and needed to fulfill their quota.

Restoring control to yourselves.

HebrewHammer
06-23-2005, 10:38 AM
John Kruk just said, "Don't count out them Tigers."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

For what 3rd? Seriosly, does the guy even try to hide the clown outfit any more?

Is there some kind of inter-office pool at the BBTN offices for hating the White Sox and praising the other teams in the AL Central?

kojak
06-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Is there some kind of inter-office pool at the BBTN offices for hating the White Sox and praising the other teams in the AL Central?

Yeah, the over/under is "LOTS"

I'll take the over....

NonetheLoaiza
06-23-2005, 07:25 PM

I know, I know. I was just kidding around. :D:

StockdaleForVeep
06-23-2005, 07:35 PM

And zach Grienke and jeremey bonderman are really showing they are darkhorse cy young candidates

who's mark buehrle?

brewcrew/chisox
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Just a grammatical point here.

Although in colloquial usage the distinction between a direct object and an indirect object may be obscured, the verbiage should reflect their opposition in appropriate discourse. Hence, the last clause of your staement should be:

Restoring control to yourselves.

As an English teacher, I say we add another force to patrol the WSI threads with the teal police...How about the "Grammar Police!"

By the way, Pandas eat shoots and leaves.

Edit: And I forget the question mark in asking the question. You see, even I need some help.