PDA

View Full Version : Flubs VS Brew Crew -June 22nd

The Dude
06-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Pitcher Doug Davis just got his first extra base hit and first 2 RBIS ever!
Lets go Brewers!!! 3-0 Itd be nice to have the Cubs lose right before traveling to the Cell.

As I type this, 2 more cross the plate! 5-0 Brewers!

EDIT: This might be a bullpen game for the cubs as they have the bullpen warming up in only the bottom of the second.

The Dude
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
C-Lee with a 3 run jack! 8-0!!!! great timing on starting this thread

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
C-Lee with a 3 run jack! 8-0!!!! great timing on starting this threadI don't think Zambrano is going to make 130 pitches this game. Or if he does, it's going to be by the 5th inning.

Rocklive99
06-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh my, I was just flippin channels, Zambrano getting rocked, and pulled in the 2nd. LMAO, as he walks off, he points up angrily, as if he's got a bone to pick with God. Too bad you can't hit him with a fastball huh?

elrod
06-22-2005, 08:52 PM
I love it when the Cubs give up 8 runs in an inning.

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 08:55 PM
I love it when the Cubs give up 8 runs in an inning.:hawk I LUV snowmen.

shoota
06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
C-Lee with a 3 run jack! 8-0!!!! great timing on starting this thread

That was a great home run. Nothing majestic, but it knocked Zambrano out of the game AND it gave El Caballo the NL RBI lead from D. Lee, according to Pat Hughes.

Nobody mentioned that Zambrano got hit in the pitching hand on a liner back to the mound from, who else, Cub-killing Caballo!

Whinny, whinny, neh neh. Giddy up.

edit: I noticed that this is post 720 for me. Nice coincidence.

edit: Andy Mazer confirmed that this is the shortest outing of Zambrano's career.

gobears1987
06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh my, I was just flippin channels, Zambrano getting rocked, and pulled in the 2nd. LMAO, as he walks off, he points up angrily, as if he's got a bone to pick with God. Too bad you can't hit him with a fastball huh?
I turned the game on when it was still 0-0. I love the post quoted. Post of the day!

JermaineDye05
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM
if anyones watching the brewers game you would have noticed Carlos Lee absolutely crushed carlos zambrano, starting of the second with a liner at zambranos face (I really hope he meant to do that), after that all hell broke loose for Zambrano giving up 5 runs then later in the inning Carlos came back up to bat, I was just daring Zambrano to hit Carlos just to see El Caballo kick his ass, but he didn't instead he decided to go right at him and El Caballo smashes a 3-Run homer after that Zambrano was gone, good to see C Lee kicking some ass once again

robertks61
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
That was awesome!

shoota
06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
if anyones watching the brewers game you would have noticed Carlos Lee absolutely crushed carlos zambrano, starting of the second with a liner at zambranos face (I really hope he meant to do that), after that all hell broke loose for Zambrano giving up 5 runs then later in the inning Carlos came back up to bat, I was just daring Zambrano to hit Carlos just to see El Caballo kick his ass, but he didn't instead he decided to go right at him and El Caballo smashes a 3-Run homer after that Zambrano was gone, good to see C Lee kicking some ass once again

Zambrano may be El Toro, but Carlos Lee is El Matador. :D:

The Dude
06-22-2005, 09:06 PM

excellent stuff, but Cubs stuff is to be posted in Whats the Score? FYI

buehrle4cy05
06-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Glad to see El Caballo is still beating up on the Flubs. Meanwhile, Carlos Zambrano has an ERA over 4. Great job for your "underrated" staff ace.

The Dude
06-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Error on an easy play to Ramirez. Not a good game by far for the Flubs. Itd be nice to see this carry over to the weekend.:D::D:

cbrownson13
06-22-2005, 09:29 PM
My best friend got tickets for this game. (He's a Cubs fan) But we gave them up because we have a final for our summer school class tomorrow. Too bad on my part, lucky on his. I was planning on rocking an old school Brewers shirt to the game.

Chisox003
06-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Error on an easy play to Ramirez. Not a good game by far for the Flubs. Itd be nice to see this carry over to the weekend.:D::D:

I was thinking before the Flub game started that itd be nice to see the Brew crew at least beat the "Ace" of the Cubs...

Well, it was a smashing....I'm glad Caballo is having such a great year for the Brewers (and my fantasy team)

After he hit that linedrive off Zambrano's hand (that was a rocket!), sh*t hit the fan, and boom, 8 runs and goodbye "Big Z"

This takes the wind out of the Northside sail, and hopefully we will sink their ship this weekend and put em down and out for good

:gulp:

Rocklive99
06-22-2005, 09:34 PM
hmmm, Animal House starting now on AMC, no more channel surfing, nice of the brewers to give me the final early

StillMissOzzie
06-22-2005, 09:52 PM
hmmm, Animal House starting now on AMC, no more channel surfing, nice of the brewers to give me the final early

Me too! I saw that it came on at 8:30, even though AMC edits the crap outta some films "for content", it's still good for plenty 'o yucks.

SMO
:D:

Unregistered
06-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh my, I was just flippin channels, Zambrano getting rocked, and pulled in the 2nd. LMAO, as he walks off, he points up angrily, as if he's got a bone to pick with God. Too bad you can't hit him with a fastball huh?Best part about this was that about 3 hours ago, MJ&H were saying that the best pitcher in Chicago right now is Zambrano, and that no one could deny how dominant he is... :gulp:

ilsox7
06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Best part about this was that about 3 hours ago, MJ&H were saying that the best pitcher in Chicago right now is Zambrano, and that no one could deny how dominant he is... :gulp:

And people listen to those guys on purpose?

TornLabrum
06-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Best part about this was that about 3 hours ago, MJ&H were saying that the best pitcher in Chicago right now is Zambrano, and that no one could deny how dominant he is... :gulp:

And of course that was after Buehrle's performance today. Jeeze he gave up a run today! Looks like MJ&H are trying to dump on the Sox before they move their flagship.

TornLabrum
06-22-2005, 10:21 PM
And people listen to those guys on purpose?

As of yesterday, I quit listening to them entirely (after their dumping on Nancy Faust who is one of the sweetest human beings I've ever met).

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Caballo jacks another one off Borowski!!!

The Dude
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Cubkilla C Lee with another dinger! 9-3

Cellview22
06-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I was flipping through the channels, and when I was passing by the Cubs game, they showed this group of Cubs fans in the stands, and this one guy was grabbing his jersey, and with his other hand, he was giving a #1 sign and yelling "#1..woohooo". I felt bad, so I just turned it; it's kind of like watching a really bad televangelist show where everyone's brainwashed and acting crazy.

Chisox353014
06-22-2005, 10:54 PM
As of yesterday, I quit listening to them entirely (after their dumping on Nancy Faust who is one of the sweetest human beings I've ever met).
:angry: How can you possibly dump on Nancy Faust? What did they say?

StillMissOzzie
06-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Did Mac go along with this crock of **** or was this Harry and/or Jurko spouting off? Zambrano might be the #3 pitcher in town.
Edit: Zambrano is a .500 pitcher (4-4) for a team that's 2 games over .500.
Wow, that's domination where I come from.

:angry: How can you possibly dump on Nancy Faust? What did they say?

Dunno if there was more, but I did hear Jurko say that "Nothing But Nancy Day" was just a greasing of the skids to get rid of her at season's end. The Sox are getting rid of YOU, Jurko, at season's end, but I hope you're wrong about Ms. Faust.

SMO
:rolleyes:

Viva Medias B's
06-23-2005, 12:06 AM
If they got rid of Nancy Faust, it would be one of Reinsdorf's worst moves...ever. I bet that Jurko, a Flub fan, was just talking crap b/c his station is losing the White Sox.

TornLabrum
06-23-2005, 12:26 AM

I actually talked about this in the Nancy Faust thread in the Clubhouse, so I'll refer you there. Essentially though the three of them all prefer the canned music (played by their good friend Chris who also owns Triple Thread Sports, a station sponsor, and who keeps them in free jerseys...and, yes, they mentioned Chris by name), and Jurko came out and said that today was like Nancy getting a gold watch, and being asked to leave.

FarWestChicago
06-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry. Flubbie game threads are just too over the top. Some of you are so Flubsessive you honestly need serious help. My gawd. :rolleyes:

This is a ****ing Sox site. Twinkie game threads are one thing with them being our main rival. Get a grip.