PDA

View Full Version : Seniors run the bases at the Cell

hose
06-22-2005, 07:06 PM
This was a day the will go down as one of the more memorable baseball games for me.

I took my Dad to the game today and he wins 2 free tickets from the scratch off cards that were handed out as you came into the park. Then not only was it a beautiful day but it's also Nancy Faust Day...no music just the organ. Buehrle is dealing, Carl cracks a homer and the Sox win. Even the couple from KC sitting in front of me were pleasent to talk with.

Then to top it off I asked my Dad if he wanted to go onto the field and circle the bases. He said sure and it was great seeing him trot from 1st to 3rd. Dad had to shut it down going into home because a lady was getting her picture taken and backed the line up.:D:

The first Senior actually took off running and was moving at a respectable clip, but he crashed and burned when he rounded third and hit the deck. The guy got up a little slow , but he looked ok.

AHHH you can't beat fun at the ball park.

White Sox Josh
06-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I wonder if any of the seniors are faster than Konerko.(no teal either)

soxjim
06-22-2005, 07:22 PM
My wife, her dad and grandfather went to the game today. The 2 men are still talking about running the bases.

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
My wife, her dad and grandfather went to the game today. The 2 men are still talking about running the bases.I think there may be a few that ARE still running the bases.:tongue:

Seriously, it was a sight to behold watching all those people running the bases. They were having every bit as much fun as the kids do on kids' days. Bless them all.

soxjim
06-22-2005, 07:41 PM
I think there may be a few that ARE still running the bases.:tongue:

Seriously, it was a sight to behold watching all those people running the bases. They were having every bit as much fun as the kids do on kids' days. Bless them all.

My wife took pictures I can't wait to see them. It would be great to put that in are SOX collection.

miker
06-22-2005, 07:43 PM
At the expense of beating a dead horse, this is yet another example of a cool Sox thing that won't get any mention whatsoever by the idiots that are the media.

I'm glad the seniors got to run. It reminds me that my Dad's not doing so well and he would do anything to see the Sox win it all.

kevingrt
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
I gotta believe that a lot of the seniors could have gotten to third on Frank's double today. I think right when he got to first he turned off the burners and put on the breaks going into 2B. It was really funny to watch, and you couldn't get mad at him because he is kinda gimpy still. But I thought it was hilarious.

Hopefully you seniors had a joy running the bases. I have way too many years till that. I can't even think that long away

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 08:02 PM
I gotta believe that a lot of the seniors could have gotten to third on Frank's double today. I think right when he got to first he turned off the burners and put on the breaks going into 2B. It was really funny to watch, and you couldn't get mad at him because he is kinda gimpy still. But I thought it was hilarious.

Hopefully you seniors had a joy running the bases. I have way too many years till that. I can't even think that long awayI think next year I'm going to get a grey wig, hike my pants halfway up my chest, put on some sandals over brown socks and go for it.:redneck

Rocklive99
06-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I think next year I'm going to get a grey wig, hike my pants halfway up my chest, put on some sandals over brown socks and go for it.:redneck

LOL and you should blow past everyone, either that or get one of those electronic carts and hold everyone up

soxjim
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
At the expense of beating a dead horse, this is yet another example of a cool Sox thing that won't get any mention whatsoever by the idiots that are the media.

I'm glad the seniors got to run. It reminds me that my Dad's not doing so well and he would do anything to see the Sox win it all.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. I remember a SOX game in 1976 followed by a bear game the next day. A week later my dad died I was 10 years old. I will allways remember that game. Just listening to my wife and her family talk about their experiences this past week at the park makes me proud to be a SOX fan and I feel something special is in the air this season. Lets all enjoy the moment.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM

Funny thing about that, I mentioned to the couple in front of me that, if it were Podsednik, he would've hit an inside-the-park home run on that hit. And I don't think I'm too far off on that one...

SpammySosa
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM

FWIW,Channel 2 had a small tidbit on it this afternoon.

gosox3072
06-22-2005, 11:40 PM
I took my Dad to the game today and he wins 2 free tickets from the scratch off cards that were handed out as you came into the park.

I won 2 free tickets today too!!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

DrCrawdad
06-22-2005, 11:45 PM

Cubune report: In an attempt to bolster their pitiful attendance, the White Sox allowed seniors to run the bases after the game. One senior apparently broke a bone running the bases...

The Wall
06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Cubune sucks donkey balls :angry: