PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Guzman-White Sox starter

SkeetSkeetAmit
06-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Freddy Guzman! ***!?

kkappelk
06-22-2005, 06:09 PM
He just referred to Freddy Garcia as "Freddy Guzman" on ESPN...

NSSoxFan
Freddy Guzman! ***!?

Because Brantley was the one talking.

Dibbs
It is almost like he is doing it on purpose at this point. If so, he is really making himself look bad.

FloridaSox
White Sox pitching will hold up this year because of Garland, Buerhle and a closer, of course, Hermy.

He also thinks Jose and Freddy (Guzman--that is what he called him) will have solid years.

BigHurt9394
06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
just saw that myself and wondered if anyone else caught it. wow, that dude sucks badly. he is quite the washed up hack.

nedlug
06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
If anyone is watching ESPN now, they just asked Brantley if he thought the WS's pitching would hold up all year. He said something to the effect - "Garland and Buehrle are a great 1-2 punch, and Contreras and Freddy Guzman are solid 3 & 4 starters."

Not only did he mess up the order of the rotation, he still doesn't know the guys' names! For a MLB analyst, you'd think he should know this...

On a good note, he apparently figured out Chad Hermanson's real name.

jhill36
06-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Did anyone see this? You can tell he hates having to eat crow. Now he's saying we have a chance.

NDSox12
Because Brantley was the one talking.

Yeah... let's not blame the entire ESPN SportsCenter crew for this one. Its the moron they call an "expert" who said it.

Speaking of Brantley, he has changed his tune a bit. He thinks the Sox pitching staff CAN keep this up all year. I guess since the season is almost half over, he's not exactly going out on a limb.

Cellview22
I just saw that too. And did you see his eyes when he was asked a question about the pitching? It was like "oh nooo, I have to talk about the White Sox again". You can tell he hates the Sox so much, that Cubbie-lovin mullethead. :D:

Kevin
06-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Jeff Brantley just answered a Sportcenter "Burning question"...yikes...1) a question mark is whether or not Freddy Guzman can pitch enough innings and 2) We "finally" got ourselves a closer? What do you call Shingo last year? And the fact that Hermanson has been our closer for a few months now? Brantley also thinks our staff can hold up. Thank God.

jhill36
06-22-2005, 06:13 PM
I just saw that too. And did you see his eyes when he was asked a question about the pitching? It was like "oh nooo, I have to talk about the White Sox again". You can tell he hates the Sox so much, that Cubbie-lovin mullethead. :D:

I caught that, too! I just said the same thing in my post. And the thing I love the most...as long as we keep this up, he's gonna have to KEEP answering these questions!

So.ILSoxFan
06-22-2005, 06:14 PM
First Chad Hermanson, now this!

Time to change their name:

Erroneous
Sox
Players
Names

nedlug
06-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Well, I was sitting, watching SC, and I KNEW that I wouldn't be the first to open a thread on this subject. Amazingly, 1 minute later, there's already 3 or 4 threads on it... nicely done.

If anyone ever saw "dream job", Al Jaffe (the one who hires and fires these guys) kept correcting people when they didn't know their names... methinks that Brantley is gone after this year. At the very least, he probably has a memo alreayd sitting at his desk. When your job entails an hour max of face time, and probably a bunch of internet surfing, you should at least know the #2 starter for the team with the best record in baseball. Unreal.

The thing is, this is one of the best things that could happen to the Sox. Keep disrespecting 'em, Jeff!

patbooyah
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
7 threads about this and counting! :D:

mdep524
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
7 threads on this! :nuts:

PS Brantley sucks.

BigHurt9394
06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
we should start calling him john brantley to show him the same respect he is showing the sox. he is just kicking himself for saying the sox were not for real at the beginning of the year. go sox...f-mullethead (i like that nickname).

patbooyah
06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
7 threads on this! :nuts:

PS Brantley sucks.

should we start our own threads about the number of brantley threads? :)

miker
06-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Obviously, Mr. Brantley is impressed with Freddie Guzman's starting and Chad Hermanson's closing. He just might be the best analyst at ESPN!

spawn
06-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I just saw that...Freddy Guzman? Are you kidding? And someone must've told him Hermnson was the closer instead of us having 'closer by commitee'. At least he called him Dustin instead of Chad. And the look on his face when she said she'd have to ask Sox questions...priceless. I was hoping he was asked if he still thought the Twins would win the Central...

Unregistered
Wow, this is the 8th thread started on the topic. I didn't realize Brantley was such a newsmaker. :D:

WinningUgly!
He just referred to Freddy Garcia as "Freddy Guzman" on ESPN...

I knew as soon as he said it, there would be a dozen new threads started about it. :rolleyes:

FredManrique
06-22-2005, 06:22 PM
No, you guys are wrong. Brantley can't help it if our players don't know their own names.

That's my first ever teal.:smile:

Seriously, though. How do you confuse guys for the MORE obscure players? I had to look up Freddy Guzman and Chad Hermanson, and found out both have had shorter, less successful careers than the Garcia & Dustin.

How do you do that?

Edit: Many apologies, sirs. Now it's my first ever teal.

Cellview22
06-22-2005, 06:23 PM
We should all contact ESPN at http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html and bombard "Mr. Mullethead" with hate mail. :D: Nah, just let him know he's been screwing up our players' names, and it's disrespectful to the Sox and their fans, esp since an "expert" should know everything about a first-place 49-22 MLB team.

iamkoza
06-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Brantly sucked on RBI Baseball too

Hear's hoping we sign this guy long term!!!!

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[GUZMAN]&set=key[number],value[34]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p454900.chain]

Unregistered
06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
I knew as soon as he said it, there would be a dozen new threads started about it. :rolleyes:You're seriously not far off. In fact, I bet by tonight there will have been at least 12 different threads started.

I don't know if this was posted, but ESPN's Jeff Brantley called Freddie Garcia, 'Freddy GUZMAN!!'
:cuss: :cuss: :yankeessuck
:fireward

Chisox003
06-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I hate this man.

Freddy Guzman
Chad Hermanson

Give me a ****ing break. THIS IS HIS JOB AND HE CANT EVEN GET THE NAMES CORRECT?!?! Let alone for the BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL!?!?

If any of us were "baseball analysts" on a national television network, for a show that gets millions of viewers, we'd sure as hell at least know the names of who we are talking about, and giving our "expert" opinions on. Hell, we'd actually be able to add some knowledgable information, a rarity for these guys. ESPN is a JOKE!

Just keep winning.....

Unregistered
06-22-2005, 06:27 PM
No, you guys are wrong. Brantley can't help it if our players don't know their own names.

Seriously, though. How do you confuse guys for the MORE obscure players? I had to look up Freddy Guzman and Chad Hermanson, and found out both have had shorter, less successful careers than the Garcia & Dustin.

How do you do that?and yet..
:tealtutor:
NOT TEAL.
:cool:

fquaye149
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=FredManrique]No, you guys are wrong. Brantley can't help it if our players don't know their own names.

QUOTE]

good. now try again. with teal this time

Chisox003
and yet..
:tealtutor:
NOT TEAL.
:cool:

Beat me to it :cool:

MtEverett
http://www.cincypost.com/sports/images/brantley.jpg If ozzie knew how to use Chad Guzman, the White sox would have 50 wins

jdm2662
06-22-2005, 06:57 PM
I happened to see the dope talk because it was on when I was workign out at the Y. It's funny how he goes in three days saying the Sox bullpen is one of the worst in baseball, to say they are great. Keep up the good work there guy. Hopefully, I won't stumble across him again... I try to avoid Sportscenter as much as possible.
________
THREESOME BATHROOM (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1058/bathroom/videos/1)

gf2020
06-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Did anyone catch the very brief dismissive look on his face while the female anchor was finishing up talking about the White Sox win? It's obvious that he hates this team.

RallyBowl
06-22-2005, 10:31 PM
:whocares I believe Brantley leads the ESPN league in APD (Arnoled's per Day)

Banix12
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I get the feeling that a couple of fans already complained and now he is just doing it to screw with sox fans.

Do yourself a favor, don't email brantley himself about this. Do a little research and find out who the producer of Baseball Tonight is and flood his e-mail box with complaints. If you complain to Brantley he'll just delete them and go on with his day. If you email the producer that means his boss starts getting on his back.

In fact you could do better by emailing everybody at ESPN who isn't Brantley, let them all know and get aware of it, and bug him till it hurts.

Lip Man 1
06-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Unfortunately ESPN doesn't list e-mails of any specific nature for any specific employees.

Lip

ChiSox14305635
06-23-2005, 11:27 PM
It's contagious with the Tribune as well. Too bad it was one of their own that they screwed up:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-050616allcitypollstory,1,4890313.htmlstory?coll=cs-home-promo

Calos Zambrano, Cubs :rolling:

Dick Allen
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm as big a baseball fan as there is, but I never bother watching BBTN. Some of you may want to get into that habit as well. It's really not that difficult at all. I wouldn't even be able to pick Brantley out of a lineup.