PDA

View Full Version : Garland vs. Prior on Sunday?

tlebar318
06-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Rotoworld is reporting that Prior may pitch against the Sox on Sunday. I hope so--I will be there and watching Garland beat the best will make it all that much more sweet! :D: Go Sox! :bandance:

PatK
06-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I wonder if the "simulated" Prior's arm falling off.

Bring it on.

DaleJRFan
06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Garland is the best.. and outside of Derrik Lee, the Flubs don't stand much of a chance offensively.

GO big G.

CYGarland20
06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
I think Prior will only pitch if The Sox win the first 2 games. So that being said, he will most likely pitch :cool:

LongLiveFisk
Well, the Cubs might use Prior as their DH. They could use his bat. :redneck

Irishsox1
Why the Cubs would rush Prior back doesn't make any sense. So the Cubs are telling me that Mark Prior can pitch after breaking his elbow only after a month! Why risk it?

RKMeibalane
06-22-2005, 04:42 PM
That's fine with me. I'm trying hard not to laugh at the idea of a rusty Prior trying to get Thomas, Konerko, Podsednik, Rowand, and everyone else out. Bring him on!

voodoochile
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Why the Cubs would rush Prior back doesn't make any sense. So the Cubs are telling me that Mark Prior can pitch after breaking his elbow only after a month! Why risk it?

Because they're the flubs?

batmanZoSo
06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
That's fine with me. I'm trying hard not to laugh at the idea of a rusty Prior trying to get Thomas, Konerko, Podsednik, Rowand, and everyone else out. Bring him on!

He barely beat McCarthy last time. We pretty much threw that one away. I really like our chances of a sweep.

Hangar18
06-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Rotoworld is reporting that Prior may pitch against the Sox on Sunday. I hope so--I will be there and watching Garland beat the best will make it all that much more sweet! :D: Go Sox! :bandance:

Agreed ..... beating the Chicago Medias favorite son, The Messiah,
would be phenomenal, esp if this games picked up on national tv.

soxwon
06-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I wonder if the "simulated" Prior's arm falling off.

Bring it on.

cubs are printing up Simulated World Series Tickets.

maurice
06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Prior pitching v. Garland with a broken arm and no rehab starts? Bring it on! He'll be lucky to make it through the 5th inning.

:gulp:

ramorgan1
06-22-2005, 05:26 PM
cubs are printing up Simulated World Series Tickets.

That should be post of the day!

Rocky Soprano
06-22-2005, 05:26 PM
In todays paper, Dusty said if Prior pitched he would be on a pitch count. He then said he was not going to tell anyone what it was because he didnt want the Sox to just sit back and take some pitches.

My guess is, Prior will be pulled way before his "pitch count" is up.

Rocklive99
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't mind this at all, Sox hitters have seen him at least 3-4 starts now, Dusty will be extra careful, and I'd love to get into that pen early!

maurice
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
he was not going to tell anyone what it was because he didnt want the Sox to just sit back and take some pitches.

Pods, Iguchi, Thomas, Konerko, and Dye often sit back and take pitches anyway, especially early in the game. You rarely see them swing at the 1st pitch.

ChiSoxRowand
06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Agreed ..... beating the Chicago Medias favorite son, The Messiah,
would be phenomenal, esp if this games picked up on national tv.

It won't be on national TV, ESPN is showing Mets-Yanks.

SOXPHILE
06-22-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't see how this can't be considered rushing Prior back. He suffered a hairline fracture on his pitching elbow May 27. Now he's gonna pitch on Sunday, just over 4 weeks later ? Plus, no re-hab starts, only simulated games ? Look, I'll admit, Mark Prior is a good pitcher, but I think this is a very stupid thing the Cubs are doing. They could be putting his career in jeapordy by having him come back this soon. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher come back this soon from this or a similar type of injury.

Chisox003
06-22-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't see how this can't be considered rushing Prior back. He suffered a hairline fracture on his pitching elbow May 27. Now he's gonna pitch on Sunday, just over 4 weeks later ? Plus, no re-hab starts, only simulated games ? Look, I'll admit, Mark Prior is a good pitcher, but I think this is a very stupid thing the Cubs are doing. They could be putting his career in jeapordy by having him come back this soon. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher come back this soon from this or a similar type of injury.

That is what every White Sox, every baseball fan, every common fool would think......But not the Cubbies! Seriously, when will they learn??

This is pure idiocy bringing this guy back just to pitch against the Sox, but this is the team that though Corey "150 K's" Patterson was a leadoff hitter..

I just get the feeling that the Northside is treating this as their world series...Meanwhile, for the Sox, this is just another .500 team to take 2 of 3 from

TooStooopidToPost2
06-22-2005, 06:00 PM
the Cubs are rushing Mark Prior back.no team is afraid of that a$$clown anymore.i hope he re injures that elbow

maurice
06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
They could be putting his career in jeopardy by having him come back this soon.

The cross-town games are the World Series for the cubs, given their crappy record. Dusty pushed up an injured and overused Zambrano for the last series. Now he's pushing an even more injured Prior for this series.

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't see how this can't be considered rushing Prior back. He suffered a hairline fracture on his pitching elbow May 27. Now he's gonna pitch on Sunday, just over 4 weeks later ? Plus, no re-hab starts, only simulated games ? Look, I'll admit, Mark Prior is a good pitcher, but I think this is a very stupid thing the Cubs are doing. They could be putting his career in jeapordy by having him come back this soon. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher come back this soon from this or a similar type of injury.Given the Cubs' and Dusty Baker's history, why would anyone be the least bit surprised? :dunno:

itsnotrequired
06-22-2005, 09:22 PM

Does Chad Fox ring a bell?:rolleyes: