PDA

View Full Version : cub fans on the chicagosports message board

HAR-OLD
06-22-2005, 11:08 AM
if you guys havent gone to chicagosports.com to vote for the all-city team, you gotta see it

the sox have won every matchup by like 10-1000 times the number of votes the cubs are getting, its hilarious, and you have to check out the comment board, the cub fans cant believe it

they are so pissed about something so meaningless, its great

dont forget to vote

edit: right now aaron is beating patterson 60,744-263

Jerko
06-22-2005, 11:16 AM
The Sox win because their fans can vote from work. Cub fans don't have that advantage.

daveeym
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
The Sox win because their fans can vote from work. Cub fans don't have that advantage.The Sox win because of WSI and the good ole Chicago maxim, "Vote early, vote often."

cheeses_h_rice
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Meanwhile, Nomar Garciaparra, he of the .157 BA in 14 games, is third in the NL All-Star voting for shortstop...

Yep, no hypocrisy there.

:rolleyes:

daveeym
06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
if you guys havent gone to chicagosports.com to vote for the all-city team, you gotta see it

the sox have won every matchup by like 10-1000 times the number of votes the cubs are getting, its hilarious, and you have to check out the comment board, the cub fans cant believe it

dont forget to vote

edit: right now aaron is beating patterson 60,744-263 Seriously, there might be suicides on the North Side if the Sox win the world series this year. Those people are loony and irrational. Reading the comment board was more scary than funny.

Ol' No. 2
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM

dont forget to vote:?:

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-22-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't understand why some of these fools are ragging on Sox fans for "not having a life" while they have submitted 12 pages worth of moaning about a meaningless poll.

Uncle_Patrick
06-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Cubs fans seem to turn into crybabies as soon as they get their hands on a keyboard. I just checked out that poll and I have to admit, I'm shocked by how much the Sox are beating the Cubs (Rowand with 60000+ votes and Patterson with just under 300!). Personally, I would have given the nod to Lee over Konerko. The guy has been insanely good so far this year. I would have expected the 3rd base, catcher, and short stop polls to be closer, but Podsednik, Rowand, and Iguchi are far better than their counterparts on the Cubs. There should be no contest there.

Oh well, I know that Cubs fans will ultimately chalk this up as "White Sox fans coming out for another meaningless poll" and brag about their attendence.