PDA

View Full Version : WSI Gatherings

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 12:14 AM
We do things like this all the time at Blackhawkzone.com with Blackhawks games. A bunch of posters there meet outside the same section between periods, and we've formed close-knit bonds among fellow Hawks fans from BHZ.

I'd like to get something like that going here at WSI. We're all cheering for the common cause in hopes that our beloved Sox will win it all. I propose us getting regular WSI gatherings together...It's always great to put faces to the name, and it could make for new friendships. Is anyone else in with me?

ChiSoxGirl
06-22-2005, 12:20 AM
We do things like this all the time at Blackhawkzone.com with Blackhawks games. A bunch of posters there meet outside the same section between periods, and we've formed close-knit bonds among fellow Hawks fans from BHZ.

I'd like to get something like that going here at WSI. We're all cheering for the common cause in hopes that our beloved Sox will win it all. I propose us getting regular WSI gatherings together...It's always great to put faces to the name, and it could make for new friendships. Is anyone else in with me?

I'd love to take part in something like that! I've only been a WSI member for a little over 5 months, but after reading so many posts and seeing a lot of the same names in the threads, I feel like I've known a lot of the people for a lot longer. I've met 1 WSIer at a game earlier this season and he's awesome (we've stayed in touch and seen one another at other games), so I'd definitely be interested in meeting some more new, awesome people. :smile:

skobabe8
06-22-2005, 12:35 AM
I've been dying to get to know some more WSI'ers! I am in!

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 12:42 AM
I'd think that a place like the Fan Deck would be a great place...We'd just have to specify exactly the place and when.

DumpJerry
06-22-2005, 07:27 AM
I'd think that a place like the Fan Deck would be a great place...We'd just have to specify exactly the place and when.
I think a meeting place would be great. However, if we use the Fan Deck, our brethren with 500 tickets will be missed.

I wonder if there is someone here who regularly tailgates in the same general location game after game. We could meet at the tailgate (and bring refreshments, of course) before heading inside for the game.

I've met a couple of WSIers this season, it's fun meeting people whose handles are seen here all the time.

chisoxfan64
06-22-2005, 07:31 AM
That sounds like a good idea to me. You can never meet enough good Sox fans.

Jerko
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I don't think there's ever going to be an "exclusive" place to meet. You can meet in the bullpen bar to accomodate the 500 levelers, but that leaves out people under 21 or people who bring anybody under 21 with them. You can meet while tailgating, but sometimes people can't get to the game early enough for that. One time I suggested that people meet at the Comiskey statue, and then I ended up not being able to make the game that day so I don't know how that worked out.

scottjanssens
06-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I think a meeting place would be great. However, if we use the Fan Deck, our brethren with 500 tickets will be missed.

Depends if they're season tickets or not. I'm not sure if the Minnie or Ozzie plans count for that. If you have the printed tickets (the ones with photos) you can get into the 100 level. Still with limited access for 500 level tickets, anything inside the park is going to be problematic.

I wonder if there is someone here who regularly tailgates in the same general location game after game. We could meet at the tailgate (and bring refreshments, of course) before heading inside for the game.

I tailgate every weekend game usually in Lot E, sometimes F. It can be difficult to get to the same spot every time, especially if you're in a car. A lot depends on the parking attendant and his mood that day.

skottyj242
06-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Count me in whenever.

kojak
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Would us sarcastic types have to wear teal?

BainesHOF
06-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I say we meet at Jerko's house.

soxjim
06-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Count me in. Living in Rockford not to many SOX fans even though they appear to be coming out of the wood work.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 07:48 PM
I could actually hostess a WSI event or two myself. I just live a mile northwest of the ballpark myself. If you don't wanna pay for parking, you can leave your car by my place (first block that doesn't require Bridgeport resident permits during games), and I could drive you to the game. My car seats 4 more, and I usually park right there on the street near the corner of 34th and Wells. It's good to have the Bridgeport Resident decal for the car.

Daver
06-22-2005, 07:57 PM
I could actually hostess a WSI event or two myself. I just live a mile northwest of the ballpark myself. If you don't wanna pay for parking, you can leave your car by my place (first block that doesn't require Bridgeport resident permits during games), and I could drive you to the game. My car seats 4 more, and I usually park right there on the street near the corner of 34th and Wells. It's good to have the Bridgeport Resident decal for the car.

I have never paid to park at Comiskey. I park over off State, across from the now gone Stateway Gardens apt.'s.

C-Dawg
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
One time I suggested that people meet at the Comiskey statue, and then I ended up not being able to make the game that day so I don't know how that worked out.

Was it last summer? I met Cubhater and Palehose13 there at what I seem to remember being Freddy Garcia's first game with the Sox.

White Sox Josh
06-22-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm in!

robiwho
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Sounds like a great idea!

MrRoboto83
06-22-2005, 09:56 PM

This sounds risky leaving my vechile in such a terrible neighborhood that surrounds "The Hell Hole Cell" :wink:

I would love to meet up with some of you guys!! Cool Idea

hose
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
26th and Cal

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
26th and Cal

Ummm, BRIDGEPORT! :cool:

gosox3072
06-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Count me in....im 19 so the BSB doesnt work for me, but tailgating with the rest of you would be awesome for a game!!!

Jerko
06-23-2005, 08:49 AM
I say we meet at Jerko's house.

Hey, if I had the room I'd do it in a heartbeat. Oh wait, we're Sox fans, I should be able to fit about 5 people in my yard.

Palehose13
06-23-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm in. I've already met quite a few people here and hosted a WSI tailgate in Milwaukee this spring.

Since I come form Milwaukee and am broke as heck...my upcoming games are:
6/24, 7/5, 7/8, 7/20, 7/21 if others happen to have tickets for those games...gimme a yell!