PDA

View Full Version : Ray Liotta

NealCotts4Life
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
From what I've been reading a whitesox.com, this kid is doing pretty good Kannapolis. I wonder if anyone has seen him in person and thinks hes got the right stuff in the future. Plus hes related to Ray Liotta the actor. Think of the Marketing!

Tragg
06-22-2005, 08:14 AM
I saw him in person; several years ago pitching for Tulane. No control, and he left the team after a year or so for a junior college.
Doesn't help much about current status, I know.

Randar68
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I saw him in person; several years ago pitching for Tulane. No control, and he left the team after a year or so for a junior college.
Doesn't help much about current status, I know.

He left Tulane after his freshman year to go to JuCo and be draft eligible after his sophomore season, wasn't interested in continuing his collegiate career and couldn't have been drafted until after his Junior season there had he stayed.

That said, he's legit, although unless I missed something, I was always under the impression that he was not related to Ray Liotta the actor...

Tragg
06-22-2005, 11:19 AM
He left Tulane after his freshman year to go to JuCo and be draft eligible after his sophomore season, wasn't interested in continuing his collegiate career and couldn't have been drafted until after his Junior season there had he stayed.

That said, he's legit, although unless I missed something, I was always under the impression that he was not related to Ray Liotta the actor...
He also didn't pitch well at Tulane.

Randar68
06-22-2005, 12:33 PM
He also didn't pitch well at Tulane.

Rarely does any freshman pitch well in major college baseball. Not sure what your point is.

Tragg
06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Rarely does any freshman pitch well in major college baseball. Not sure what your point is.

My point is that your reasoning as to why he left TU and ended up at the CC isn't accurate. Just to make one obvious point, he ended up be drafted the same year he would have been had he stayed in school.

Doesn't matter though. He's pitching well and has a lot of talent.

NealCotts4Life
06-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Miscellaneous/Personal: Is related to actor Ray Liotta

This from the Kannapolis website, and thanks for the info.

Rex Hudler
06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
My point is that your reasoning as to why he left TU and ended up at the CC isn't accurate. Just to make one obvious point, he ended up be drafted the same year he would have been had he stayed in school.

Had he stayed at Tulane he would not have been eligible to be drafted until one year later.

Ozuna38
06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Ray Liotta's the man.. pitching well so far this year, and hopefully he'll make it to the bigs someday.. he'll be pretty popular on his name alone :P
"We told 'em to stiiiick it!!"

Chisoxfn
06-26-2005, 02:26 AM

No, he transferred from Tulane to a junior college specifically so he could be eligible for the draft a year earlier. He was drafted after his sophmore season. Had he stayed in Tulane he would of been eligible for this years draft (the 2005 draft).

Tragg
06-26-2005, 08:54 AM
No, he transferred from Tulane to a junior college specifically so he could be eligible for the draft a year earlier. He was drafted after his sophmore season. Had he stayed in Tulane he would of been eligible for this years draft (the 2005 draft).
And you guys are simply wrong. He was drafted by the Brewers out of high school in 2001, pitched for Tulane in 2002, which would have made him eligible for the 2004 draft had he stayed, which is exactly when he was drafted the second time.

Erik The Red
06-26-2005, 10:29 AM
"Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody..."