PDA

View Full Version : The best team no one cares about (MSNBC) please vote!

Andy T Clown
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8294860/

elrod
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Chicago is a bad sports town. There is no reason so many people in this city should like the Cubs. That's not an indictment of White Sox fans. It's an indictment of the whole area that people would instinctively choose the Cubs over the White Sox so much.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-21-2005, 11:39 PM
and yet the sox are leading the polls. go sox!

JackParkman
06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Could somebody in the national sports media please come up with an original thought once in a while? The "Second Team in Second City" angle has been ridden more than Paris Hilton.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 12:07 AM
and yet the sox are leading the polls. go sox!

There's no reason the Cubs should even have the 10% of the votes that the poll has received.

I think the article was pretty fair...But, why does every single writer seem to like to mention this whole "second team in second city" thing? It's gotten old quickly and does nothing to positively help the image of this club! In addition, I see no similarities between this club and the Red Sox. The two franchises are on different ends of the spectrum.

Lip Man 1
06-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Elrod:

But it wasn't always that way was it? You're to young to remember the 50's and 60's.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Chicago is a bad sports town. There is no reason so many people in this city should like the Cubs. That's not an indictment of White Sox fans. It's an indictment of the whole area that people would instinctively choose the Cubs over the White Sox so much.

It doesn't help that the huge mass-media conglomerate (Tribune) does all it can to bash the Sox and Bridgeport when their Cubs AND the neighborhood around it (they call it "Lakeview" in articles as to not have the crimes synonymus with Wrigleyville, which really IS "Lakeview) are much worse if you actually SENSIBLY analyze everything.

Let's face it...There are tons of dumbasses that we have here who allow the media to mold their minds instead of forming their own thoughts themselves.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Elrod:

But it wasn't always that way was it? You're to young to remember the 50's and 60's.

Lip

They shut off the upper deck in Wrigley so that it appeared they had more fans than they really had when games were on television...What a GREAT image, eh, Cub fans???...Something that has yet to happen on OUR side of town.

rwcescato
06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Elrod:

Lip

Lets just win the whole thing and shut everyone up. I know that KW and Jr would like nothing better. Neither would most of us. Then the whole world can cry about the flubbies. I was thinking about a t-shirt or sign. I think I will make the dign for friday that reads.
White Sox baseball
Kicking the Cubs butt since 1906.
That should help all the goat lovers out there.
Rich

Palehose Pete
06-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Did this guy have a deadline to meet with 5 minutes to go? Is this the best that the this guy can do? Talk about how the Sox cheated in a WS, how we're not drawing as many as the Cubs and how the Red Sox are just better at capitalizing on their WS drought? Why not talk about how cool the park is, how friendly the fans are and how exciting White Sox baseball is to watch in the context of the teams rich and storied history? Is that too much to ask from these hacks?

miker
06-22-2005, 12:39 AM
A story written by a hack journalist no one cares about ripping the White Sox and their fans as "The best team no one cares about" is buried on a website for a cable station that nobody cares about.

Irony...or more of the same B.S.?