PDA

View Full Version : Who calls the pitches? AJ or Cooper?

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 11:19 PM
It has been said that AJ calls the pitches when he catches but it has also been said that Cooper calls them. I haven't read anything that flat out says who does but I have gotten the impression that AJ does from some quotes by The Oz and Buerhle. Is it a combined effort? Does anyone have a link to where I could find out? Please help me settle this.

Daver
06-21-2005, 11:32 PM
It has been said that AJ calls the pitches when he catches but it has also been said that Cooper calls them. I haven't read anything that flat out says who does but I have gotten the impression that AJ does from some quotes by The Oz and Buerhle. Is it a combined effort? Does anyone have a link to where I could find out? Please help me settle this.

Watch AJ, you can tell when he is looking into the dugout for the call.

He calls the pitches for Mark and Jon almost all the time, for the rest he calls about 40%.

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Watch AJ, you can tell when he is looking into the dugout for the call.

He calls the pitches for Mark and Jon almost all the time, for the rest he calls about 40%.

Thanks. I only watch the games that I can out here and in port I have XM so I don't usally get to watch the games unless they are on national tv.