PDA

View Full Version : John Smoltz?

doublem23
11-17-2001, 12:37 AM
Anyone know how much hes' asking for? I'd like to see him in a Sox uniform... He's got the same credintials (sp?) as Wells, actually, he's got more, that and he's not as fat and old.

Of course I'm dreaming, but you can't take that away from me! I'm a Sox fan! It's all I have left.

RedPinStripes
11-17-2001, 01:18 AM
I think Smoltz would be a perfect fit in the rotation, but we have issues with signing good pitchers in their prime. Smoltz might still be good. Just ask Jr about it.

He's washed up. too much money. The kids can play. You fans are to blame for it too.
:reinsy

I feel comfortable with our staff.

I really don't care. I need some cigaretts.
:KW :schueler

RedPinStripes
11-17-2001, 01:19 AM
That didn't work the way I wanted it to.

FarWestChicago
11-17-2001, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
That didn't work the way I wanted it to. The art of tags requires practice. :smile:

doublem23
11-17-2001, 01:41 AM
That didn't work the way I wanted it to.

You got an A+ for the Chunks tag, and then you were blinded by the bright lights of glorious success! LOL! :)

RedPinStripes
11-17-2001, 03:58 AM
I should have put that on the test board. That's what I get for getting cocky. That just made me feel like this guy.

:ass

FarWestChicago
11-17-2001, 04:05 AM
I should have put that on the test board. That's what I get for getting cocky. That just made me feel like this guy.

:ass LMAO!!!!

Paulwny
11-17-2001, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Anyone know how much hes' asking for? I'd like to see him in a Sox uniform... He's got the same credintials (sp?) as Wells, actually, he's got more, that and he's not as fat and old.

Of course I'm dreaming, but you can't take that away from me! I'm a Sox fan! It's all I have left.

By Ken Davidoff
STAFF WRITER

November 17, 2001

Jason Giambi is the most expensive player the Yankees will pursue this offseason, but he is not the most accomplished. That would be John Smoltz, whom they would love to insert into their starting rotation.

Lonnie Cooper, Smoltz's agent, said Friday that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman contacted him this past week to express interest in the 34-year-old righthander, who won the 1996 National League Cy Young Award. He is 160-116 with a 3.35 ERA in the regular season and 12-4 with a 2.72 ERA in the postseason.

"We've had dialogue," Cooper said. "They're a very respectable team. Absolutely, he has interest in them."

Jerry_Manuel
11-17-2001, 03:23 PM
You got an A+ for the Chunks tag, and then you were blinded by the bright lights of glorious success! LOL! :(

He got greedy.

Jerry_Manuel
11-17-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Lonnie Cooper, Smoltz's agent, said Friday that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman contacted him this past week to express interest in the 34-year-old righthander, who won the 1996 National League Cy Young Award. He is 160-116 with a 3.35 ERA in the regular season and 12-4 with a 2.72 ERA in the postseason.

"We've had dialogue," Cooper said. "They're a very respectable team. Absolutely, he has interest in them."

Oh great just what we need Smoltz in the Yankee pinstripes.

RedPinStripes
11-17-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Oh great just what we need Smoltz in the Yankee pinstripes.

Looks like I'll have another past favorite of mine that I'll hate now. ANything in Yankee pinstripes is a target to me.

Paulwny
11-17-2001, 08:07 PM

Looks like I'll have another past favorite of mine that I'll hate now. ANything in Yankee pinstripes is a target to me.

It's been my target for ages.

doublem23
11-18-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Jason Giambi is the most expensive player the Yankees will pursue this offseason, but he is not the most accomplished. That would be John Smoltz, whom they would love to insert into their starting rotation.

Ahhh! God damn Yankees! How may starters do they need? What's their rotation if they nab Smoltz? Unreal.

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 01:44 AM
Ahhh! God damn Yankees! How may starters do they need? What's their rotation if they nab Smoltz? Unreal.

Moose
Rocket
Pettitte(sp)
Smoltz
Boomer(?)

doublem23
11-18-2001, 01:57 AM

Moose
Rocket
Pettitte(sp)
Smoltz
Boomer(?)

That just ain't right....

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 02:00 AM
That just ain't right....

Don't worry we have:

:burly:jon:wright:glove (no pic for parque).

Daver
11-18-2001, 12:20 PM

Don't worry we have:

:burly:jon:wright:glove (no pic for parque).

Parque will not be a starter.

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by daver
Parque will not be a starter.

Manuel said going into spring training he will be a starter. Of course that could changes but that is what he said. He said it when the Sox had that mini camp at their new training facility.

Daver
11-18-2001, 01:06 PM

Manuel said going into spring training he will be a starter. Of course that could changes but that is what he said. He said it when the Sox had that mini camp at their new training facility.

And you believed him?

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 01:08 PM
And you believed him?

Yes. But as we all know there won't be any baseball in 2002 so it doesn't matter right Daver?

Daver
11-18-2001, 01:10 PM

Yes. But as we all know there won't be any baseball in 2002 so it doesn't matter right Daver?

Well yeah there is that.I think we will have baseball by August.

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 01:13 PM
Well yeah there is that.I think we will have baseball by August.

That would be what about a 60 game season?

Daver
11-18-2001, 01:16 PM

That would be what about a 60 game season?

Roughly that yes,any team with a bad frirst two weeks would be outta the playoff race right away.

But then again what the hell do I know?

harwar
11-19-2001, 11:00 AM
I heard on an atlanta radio show a few weeks back that J.Smoltz wants to be a starter again but is realistically looking more toward being a closer for somebody.