PDA

View Full Version : Todd Helton...

Tekijawa
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I looked back and I couldn't find the old thread but there was one where Todd Helton was Angry that someone called him out on Baylor yelling at him for Juicing up... Looking at his numbers, or lack there of, I'm beginning to wonder? Or is it just that there are absolutely no bats around him that he's doing so bad?

Randar68
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I looked back and I couldn't find the old thread but there was one where Todd Helton was Angry that someone called him out on Baylor yelling at him for Juicing up... Looking at his numbers, or lack there of, I'm beginning to wonder? Or is it just that there are absolutely no bats around him that he's doing so bad?

No bats around him, nobody will pitch to him. He's the biggest threat in the order and he has obviously been frustrated by the lack of anything to hit. Still has one hell of an OBP though...

Todd Helton juiced? Certainly has never been built like he did...

Jjav829
06-21-2005, 05:20 PM

I doubt he was a juicer. There are some rumors that Helton has back problems that might be bothering him more than he has let on. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land on the DL at some point. He's certainly struggling though.

Ol' No. 2
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I doubt he was a juicer. There are some rumors that Helton has back problems that might be bothering him more than he has let on. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land on the DL at some point. He's certainly struggling though.Working from memory here, but wasn't it a sportscaster who said it? It turned out said sportscaster didn't know (was too lazy to find out) that it was catabolic steroids (i.e. anti-inflammatories like cortisone) and not anabolic steroids. IIRC, the sportscaster later tried to apologize to Helton and he just blew him off.

Edit: Here (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/05/30/bc.bbn.helton.hagin.ap/)'s the story.

StillMissOzzie
06-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Working from memory here, but wasn't it a sportscaster who said it? It turned out said sportscaster didn't know (was too lazy to find out) that it was catabolic steroids (i.e. anti-inflammatories like cortisone) and not anabolic steroids. IIRC, the sportscaster later tried to apologize to Helton and he just blew him off.

Edit: Here (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/05/30/bc.bbn.helton.hagin.ap/)'s the story.

I didn't read your link, #2, but IIRC, it was Wayne Hagen, former radio voice of the Sox, who was the guilty party.

SMO
:gulp:

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 07:57 PM
I didn't read your link, #2, but IIRC, it was Wayne Hagen, former radio voice of the Sox, who was the guilty party.

SMO
:gulp:yeah and he said something like that he meant it as Creatine. My ass that's what he meant to say.

StockdaleForVeep
06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
also everyone has an off year, after so many seasons of stellar avg and whatnot, he was due for an off year

NowBatting19
06-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Anyone else here Helton's interview with Dan Patrick a few months ago on the radio?

I can't remember completely what was said, but as noted above, Helton did mention the fact that he took creatine or something similar in the past, and declared that he would stop using it this year.

daveeym
06-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Same people probably were those saying Gagne was juiced.

MIgrenade
06-22-2005, 12:27 PM
No bats around him, nobody will pitch to him. He's the biggest threat in the order and he has obviously been frustrated by the lack of anything to hit. Still has one hell of an OBP though...

Todd Helton juiced? Certainly has never been built like he did...

The Sox pitchers deffinitely went after him and he couldn't hit anything. I blame his decline on the Rockies being so awful anyway. I would be bored knowing my team was going nowhere no matter how well I did.