PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seats

ChicagoHoosier
06-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Has anyone here gotten to sit in the scout seats yet? I have tickets to the July 6th game vs. TB and just wondered if anyone else has sat there yet. Any tricks to the trade to get your maximum dollar value, aside from the obvious of pigging out, drinking a ton, and watching as much of the game as possible?

What's the verdict after almost three months of the season on the new section?

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Has anyone here gotten to sit in the scout seats yet? I have tickets to the July 6th game vs. TB and just wondered if anyone else has sat there yet. Any tricks to the trade to get your maximum dollar value, aside from the obvious of pigging out, drinking a ton, and watching as much of the game as possible?

How did you get your seats, if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering if you can buy them for individual games. I know a couple posters said you can, but when I called the ticket office they said no.

DumpJerry
06-21-2005, 06:35 PM

I'm going to that game, too. Lower Box seats. I hear the Scout seats really, really suck. The service is awful, the view is awful and there is a stench in the air nobody can identify. Since you're a Sox fan, I like you and I can swap tickets with you to spare you the ordeal. PM me.......:cool:

chidonez
06-21-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm going to that game, too. Lower Box seats. I hear the Scout seats really, really suck. The service is awful, the view is awful and there is a stench in the air nobody can identify. Since you're a Sox fan, I like you and I can swap tickets with you to spare you the ordeal. PM me.......:cool:

Heh. That's so generous of you.

DumpJerry
06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Heh. That's so generous of you.
Thanks. I try to help out fellow Sox fans whenever possible.:smile:

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 07:53 PM

:tealpolice:

bludupree
06-21-2005, 08:50 PM
:tealpolice:

Does anyone else think that sometimes teal can ruin sarcasm?

DumpJerry
06-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Does anyone else think that sometimes teal can ruin sarcasm?
Sometimes it can. If you don't use it when being sarcastic, then it can be real sarcastic.

I did not use it because if he took me up on the offer, the woman I taking to that game will be sooooooooooooooooo impressed!:D:

StockdaleForVeep
06-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Ive had the seats 15 rows behind home(rows infront are the scouts)

decent seats and you can see their radar gun and how off the scoreboard it

colon threw a 99 mph scoreboard rated fastball and the gun said 92

ChicagoHoosier
06-21-2005, 10:46 PM
How did you get your seats, if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering if you can buy them for individual games. I know a couple posters said you can, but when I called the ticket office they said no.
Sure thing! I'll be sure to PM you immediately after the game to let you know how they worked out!!!

ChicagoHoosier
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
I have a Minnie ticket plan and was able to get them thru my ticket rep. Not sure if they are available to everyone? The website still only says they are available through a season ticket package.

DumpJerry
06-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I have a Minnie ticket plan and was able to get them thru my ticket rep. Not sure if they are available to everyone? The website still only says they are available through a season ticket package.
Wow, who is your rep? I have an Ozzie Plan, I wasn't offered Scout seating.....:whiner:

steff
06-22-2005, 08:33 AM
I sat there with the CFO a few weeks ago and loved it. Going with him again on July 9th, and likely one of the games he has in September.

Pace yourself on the drinks.. plan to eat several small meals. :wink:

ramorgan1
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
yeah i got hooked up there for one game too. go early - eat the pre-game buffet. it's really nice for a buffet.

then get to yo' seats and drink lots. oh, drink lots during the pre-game buffet too. only problem with free alcohol you might have more problems remembering the game... but i definitely know that the sox won on May 3rd when i was there...

I dind't think it was possible but i think the Sox actually did a good job making tix worth $250.

SoxFan78
06-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I won tickets down there so the value was great! Be sure to order one of the speciality drinks at the game, because hey, when else can you have a mixed drink at a ball game?

If you are in front of the camera, please dont use your cell phone!

And just soak it in and have fun.

gehrtsox7
06-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I was in them on Sunday night, best seats in the house by far, especially when the game is on the line,, when Rowand hit that RBI in the 8th, it was the best place to be ,, you'll have a great time.

alohafri
06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
I agree with a previous poster--anyone who sits in those seats PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE AND WAVE AT THE CAMERA DURING THE ENTIRE GAME. It is sooooooo moronic watching those idiots that call everyone they know so they can wave to them. It makes Sox fans look like they are fans of that other team on the North side.

---Mrs. Aloha