PDA

View Full Version : Garland Will Start Sunday

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Garland will be starting Sunday's game per ESPN 1000 Sports Center Update.

elrod
06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Good. That makes perfect sense. With the off day on Thursday and Monday there is no reason to pitch McCarthy. B-Mac should stay up as a long reliever. We don't need anybody in the El Duque/McCarthy spot until the Tampa series in a week and a half. Hopefully El Duque will be back by then.

Buehrle > Wood
06-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Garcia, Contreras, and Garland... I smell a sweep :D:

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Garcia, Contreras, and Garland... I smell a sweep :D:damn straight. I luuv when the Sox get to face Jerome Williams. :sweep

junkyarddoug
06-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Good move. No need for Garland and Buehrle to have six days of rest. I know Buehrle would prefer to work on 4 days rest all the time.

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 04:51 PM
damn straight. I luuv when the Sox get to face Jerome Williams. :sweep
Today's Sun Times said Prior could make his first start back this Sunday against us. I say, bring it on. I want no excuses when we beat them.

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Good move. No need for Garland and Buehrle to have six days of rest. I know Buehrle would prefer to work on 4 days rest all the time.yeah he usually pitches better on 4 days rest. Sinkerball pitchers like Garland pitch better when tired.

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Today's Sun Times said Prior could make his first start back this Sunday against us. I say, bring it on. I want no excuses when we beat them.According to ESPN 1000 it's probably not gonna happen.

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 04:53 PM
damn straight. I luuv when the Sox get to face Jerome Williams. :sweep
I thought I heard today Prior will be ready. Which is fine with me. I dont know if the sox have ever faced Jerome Williams, and we all know what usually happens when thats the case....

BeviBall!
06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
The tinkering begins.

Buehrle > Wood
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
The tinkering begins.

Give me a break. Garland will be pitching on normal rest. And Contreras and El Duque/McCarthy are broken up in the rotation. I don't see a problem.

ilsox7
06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Give me a break. Garland will be pitching on normal rest. And Contreras and El Duque/McCarthy are broken up in the rotation. I don't see a problem.

Yea, it's not tinkering. Ozzie would have done this no matter who we were playing this weekend after the way BMac looked yesterday.

Chisox003
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
The tinkering begins.

Moving Garland up a day does not qualify as tinkering...

An inconsistent lineup that changes daily and according to the matchups is tinkering

I like this move, it makes too much sense not to do it...As long as it isnt just for the Cubs, who are going to treat this weekend as their world series, Garland moving up a day is no big deal

Its a good move

BeviBall!
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM

I just don't like them treating this as a special series. It's a .500 team. We're 25 over, so why mess with it?

Daver
06-21-2005, 05:06 PM
The tinkering begins.

Gimme a break.

Even I, being no fan of Ozzie, have not accused him of wearing these http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Bevs%20manging%20shoes.jpg for over two weeks.

Chisox003
06-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I just don't like them treating this as a special series. It's a .500 team. We're 25 over, so why mess with it?

Starting Mccarthy on sunday would basically be giving in and throwing him to the lions...He was sharp against them at Wrigley, yes, but his last 2 outings have been garbage and the Cubs did hit the ball hard the first time

Garland will be on regular rest, so whats the big deal?

Not only does it make sense for this series, but it makes sense for when El Duque comes back because clearly, he's our #5 (Which isnt a bad thing :gulp: )

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
IMHO they needed to split up the 2 Cubans anyways because they just don't go deep enough into the game so that the bullpen will tired.

nebraskasox
06-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Good teams/coaches make adjustments in the course of a season, series, game, etc. I view this as an adjustment rather than tinkering. Splitting up the Cubans was already on the table as an adjustment to level out the bullpen use. Whether we do it now or after the break, probably doesn't make much difference. This is as good a time as any.

JB98
06-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Messing with what? McCarthy isn't responsible for our success.

I don't think they are treating this as a special series. I believe Ozzie would skip McCarthy regardless of the opponent. Did you see how poorly he pitched last night? He was awful against the worst team in our division. I think we need to minimize the amount of appearances he makes. The fact is, he belongs in the minors. I wouldn't throw McCarthy against the Cubs, the Tigers or anybody else.

I think this is a great move by Ozzie. It won't hurt to have Garland pitch in a big-game atmosphere either. That will help him in the playoffs.

Iguana775
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Garcia, Contreras, and Garland... I smell a sweep :D:

Nope. I farted. ;)

I think it will be 2/3 again.

IronFisk
06-21-2005, 11:40 PM
The tinkering begins.

Oh yeah, this ranks right up there with Cotts at Yankee Stadium. :redneck

Jjav829
06-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Oh yeah, this ranks right up there with Cotts at Yankee Stadium. :redneck

You left out the teal, right?

This is a good move by Ozzie and it has nothing to do with the series being against the Cubs. With the offdays on Thursday and Monday, there is no reason to pitch McCarthy. If Ozzie kept Bmac in the rotation, Garland wouldn't pitch until next Tuesday, exactly one week from today. Buehrle, after starting tomorrow, wouldn't pitch until next Wednesday. In other words, they would both be making their starts on 6 days rest. Ozzie is making the right move here by keeping Garland on normal rest and pitching Buehrle on five days rest instead of six.

kevingrt
06-21-2005, 11:51 PM
You left out the teal, right?

This is a good move by Ozzie and it has nothing to do with the series being against the Cubs. With the offdays on Thursday and Monday, there is no reason to pitch McCarthy. If Ozzie kept Bmac in the rotation, Garland wouldn't pitch until next Tuesday, exactly one week from today. Buehrle, after starting tomorrow, wouldn't pitch until next Wednesday. In other words, they would both be making their starts on 6 days rest. Ozzie is making the right move here by keeping Garland on normal rest and pitching Buehrle on five days rest instead of six.

He is doing exactly what any manager should do without a solid fifth starter. Pitching his one-four guys on five days rest and getting the fifth starter in whenever they are on a long trip. I totally agree with Jjav here and Ozzie. Good move and it should work out to the best for the team.

gobears1987
06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
I agree with Ozzie. When el Duque comes back, we will have split the Cubans. This is good for the pen.

ma_deuce
06-21-2005, 11:58 PM

Not a special series?!?!?

Chopper, sic balls!

:chopper

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Good. That makes perfect sense. With the off day on Thursday and Monday there is no reason to pitch McCarthy. B-Mac should stay up as a long reliever. We don't need anybody in the El Duque/McCarthy spot until the Tampa series in a week and a half. Hopefully El Duque will be back by then.

El Duque will be back by then, as he was placed on the 15-Day DL RETROACTIVE to the 15th. So, he'll be reactivated in time for the series in Oakland.

cuckthefubs27
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
i agree with this move some people say this is "just another series" and it deffinently is not itd be one thing if mcarthy had to pitch against the twins

lostletters
06-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Ozzie did this because the sox have two days off in a matter of five days. It is a smart decision, plus it allows him the leeway to break up JC and El Duque, which needs to be done. I think it gives the White Sox a better chance in the end.

Also El Duque as our number five is not a bad thing.