PDA

View Full Version : My Personal Rage-athon

TheOldRoman
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Before the season started, I purchased tickets to the saturday game against the Dodgers. I was really looking forward to the game. About a month ago, a friend of mine got concert tickets for my GF and me for her birthday. Since they had tickets to go with us, the only option I had was to sell the Sox tix to a girl at work. I had a good time at the concert, recorded the game, and was happy to see the results. I would have liked to be at the game to see the amazing comeback, but no big loss.

Then came yesterday. I was at work, and the girl I sold the tickets to came in as I was leaving. She had news for me. She went to the game with her dad, sat in the 8th row of the upper deck behind homeplate, and had a great time. After the game started, two Sox representatives came up to them and told them they were selected at random to move to row five of the scout seats. They watched the rest of the game from row five, ate lots of free food, drank lots of free booze, and watched an amazing game. What a night I picked to miss the game. Oh well, I will sit in the scout seats someday.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DaleJRFan
06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Sorry dude, but that's pretty funny. :D:

mweflen
06-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Wow. That's almost as bad as the time I was one ticket off on the Sox Split raffle. Best game of the year, free everything. Sucks to be you :wink:

The Dude
06-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Before the season started, I purchased tickets to the saturday game against the Dodgers. I was really looking forward to the game. About a month ago, a friend of mine got concert tickets for my GF and me for her birthday. Since they had tickets to go with us, the only option I had was to sell the Sox tix to a girl at work. I had a good time at the concert, recorded the game, and was happy to see the results. I would have liked to be at the game to see the amazing comeback, but no big loss.

Then came yesterday. I was at work, and the girl I sold the tickets to came in as I was leaving. She had news for me. She went to the game with her dad, sat in the 8th row of the upper deck behind homeplate, and had a great time. After the game started, two Sox representatives came up to them and told them they were selected at random to move to row five of the scout seats. They watched the rest of the game from row five, ate lots of free food, drank lots of free booze, and watched an amazing game. What a night I picked to miss the game. Oh well, I will sit in the scout seats someday.

Tough luck! I didnt know they did that though. very nice promotion by the Sox. Props for that!

Sxy Mofo
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
That'll teach you to go to a concert over a sox game.

I feel no sympathy as it serves you right.:rolleyes:

Sad
06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
:prozac
:beer
:bong: these oughtta help...

Iguana775

I think the chick you sold the tickets to should buy you a case of your favorite beverage. lol.

Rocky Soprano
What a night I picked to miss the game. Oh well, I will sit in the scout seats someday.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Too bad it probably wont be for free. :cool:

Seriously, that SUCKS!

rdwj
06-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the laugh!:roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I feel bad for ya, but at least you get a funny story to tell people out of the deal. I hope you let the girl at work know that she owes you big time!

TheOldRoman
06-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Tough luck! I didnt know they did that though. very nice promotion by the Sox. Props for that!
And to top it off, I emailed Brooks about pulling random people from the upperdeck and moving them up to unoccupied Scout Seats in like November. Looks like he ran with the idea. Full circle, my friends.

rdwj
06-21-2005, 03:27 PM
OH, by the way - what concert??

Seems a bit suspicious that you'd leave that out!

TheOldRoman
06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
OH, by the way - what concert??

Seems a bit suspicious that you'd leave that out!
Toby Keith. It was a great show, but it appears I missed an even greater show.:angry::whiner:

rdwj
06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
One more thought (sorry for all the posts)

That sounds like the kind of story that should be emailed to Hawk and DJ. It would probably get read on the air and you just might get some tickets for it too. Who knows - you might get taken care of!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-21-2005, 03:31 PM
And to top it off, I emailed Brooks about pulling random people from the upperdeck and moving them up to unoccupied Scout Seats in like November. Looks like he ran with the idea. Full circle, my friends.

More like ran YOU over with it. Great story though....she owes you big time.

Tekijawa
06-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I was wondering if the Sox started doing that? I noticed the past few games those seats have been packed and even worse there were a couple of Kids jumping up and down on the seats... I was worried that someone was paying $200 a ticket to take their family of 4 to a game!!! I feel better now and think that this is a great Idea, because it looked pretty bad having those things 90% empty at the begining of the season!

P.S. Do you have any more tickets for sale? lol

havelj
06-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Toby Keith over the Sox/Dodgers "Turn Back the Clock?" Man - I never would have thought about the concert.

Forget about favorite beverage from your GF. Question is, did she make the night at least a little "fun" for you? :cool:

Iwritecode
06-21-2005, 03:43 PM

Wow, sucks to be you...

Seriously, you can see Toby Keith just about anytime. How often do the Dodgers come to the city of Chicago to play the Sox?

ewokpelts
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
One more thought (sorry for all the posts)

That sounds like the kind of story that should be emailed to Hawk and DJ. It would probably get read on the air and you just might get some tickets for it too. Who knows - you might get taken care of!!
hawk would eat it up....
:hawk
Yummy....I looovve nutty stories....

Gene

Palehose13
06-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Just a thought, but how do you know that YOU would have been picked if you would have went. I don't think they pick the seats beforehand, they just pick people. Maybe they liked the gal that bought your tickets. :wink:

TheOldRoman
06-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Just a thought, but how do you know that YOU would have been picked if you would have went. I don't think they pick the seats beforehand, they just pick people. Maybe they liked the gal that bought your tickets. :wink:
I know. I punched a few things after I heard this, but Im not losing any sleep over it. Oh well.

DannyCaterFan
06-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Tough luck on that one. You missed a great evening. My wife and I were picked from the upper deck a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night against Cleveland. The promotion is called "Improve Your Real Estate", sponsored by Coldwell Banker. They randomly pick a couple out of the upper deck about 15 minutes before game time. There was a buffet, desert buffet, plus all the food and drink during the game for FREE. I thought I had died and gone straight to heaven. Great seats too.

kittle545feet
06-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Wow. That's almost as bad as the time I was one ticket off on the Sox Split raffle. Best game of the year, free everything. Sucks to be you :wink:My cousin and I were also one number off of the Sox split at a fireworks night last year. We always buy $10 worth and split the chances so therefore the prize too.The winner took home almost $5500. We were checking the numbers on everyone else's tickets and realized my cousin was one number off. I had bought mine from the same person and right after my cousin so we got all excited thinking that I had won. But, somehow the tickets I had were not even close. They started with entirely different numbers and I was way off. But hey, the Sox won!

ChicagoHoosier
06-21-2005, 05:46 PM
That'll teach you to go to a concert over a sox game.

I feel no sympathy as it serves you right.:rolleyes:

Ditto. Hope you learned your lesson.

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Wow, that sucks Old Roman. It actually sounds like something that would have happened to me. I don't think I would have taken it as well as you have. There probably would be a few broken things in my house when I got home.:cool:

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 06:02 PM
OldRoman, I was ticked off enough not going to the game. But I had no intentions to go.
You're story is a near tear-jerker!

I gaurantee Hawk would read that story on the air if you emailed him.